- Powerful storms topple trees that kill driver, hurt campers Updated: Aug-04-15 9:07 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A line of powerful thunderstorms rolled through communities in southern New England on Tuesday, toppling trees that killed a driver in Connecticut and injured several campers at a Rhode Island state park and leaving as many as 150,000 electric customers without power at the height of the storms.
- AAC striving to turn Power 5 into Power 6 Updated: Aug-04-15 3:42 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The American Athletic Conference is not one of the nation's power conferences.
- Newport Jazz Festival continues with second day of music Updated: Aug-01-15 9:40 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The second day of the Newport Jazz Festival is continuing, with its 60th anniversary celebration of jazz legend Miles Davis .
- 3-day Newport Jazz Festival kicks off; Miles Davis honored Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's Newport Jazz Festival has kicked off its three-day celebration of all things jazz, including a tribute to jazz legend Miles Davis.
- At media days, star quarterbacks can be hard to find Updated: Jul-28-15 6:41 pm
The quarterback is usually the face of a football team. During conference media days, those faces are often difficult to find.
- Newport estate overlooking Cliff Walk sells for $15 million Updated: Jul-28-15 7:49 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - A famous Tudor-style estate overlooking Newport's Cliff Walk has sold for $15 million.
- Newport Folk Festival wraps up with celebration of Dylan Updated: Jul-26-15 8:22 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Gillian Welch, Dawes, Robyn Hitchcock and others closed out the Newport Folk Festival with a celebration of Bob Dylan and the moment he went electric there 50 years ago.
- Grant to Newport Jazz Festival funds day for emerging acts Updated: Jul-23-15 12:19 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The Newport Jazz Festival has received a grant that's helping to pay for a third day of music focused on emerging artists.
- 500 pounds of waste removed from Newport Harbor's sea floor Updated: Jul-23-15 12:13 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - About 500 pounds of waste was collected off Newport Harbor's sea floor in an effort to remove trash that has been building up for years.
- 560-pound man biking across US to lose weight Updated: Jul-22-15 6:16 pm
TIVERTON, Rhode Island - A 560-pound man biking across the United States to lose weight hit a snag in Rhode Island.
- Submarine launches undersea drone in a 1st for US Navy Updated: Jul-20-15 7:29 pm
GROTON, Connecticut - In a first for the U.S. Navy, a submarine has launched and recovered an underwater drone used in a military operation.
- Rajeev Ram wins grass-count event at Newport - again Updated: Jul-19-15 6:02 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Rajeev Ram knew it was the shot of the match.
- RI police: Connecticut man dies in scuba diving accident Updated: Jul-19-15 4:53 pm
JAMESTOWN, Rhode Island - Rhode Island environmental police say a Connecticut man has died while scuba diving off the coast at Jamestown.
- Newport Folk marks 50th anniversary of Dylan going electric Updated: Jul-19-15 12:16 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - On the night of July 25, 1965, Bob Dylan strode onto a stage at the Newport Folk Festival, plugged in an electric guitar and gave the music world a shock.
- Health department: 2 Newport beaches can reopen for swimming Updated: Jul-19-15 10:25 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Department of Health says water quality at Fort Adams State Park and King Park beaches in Newport is now safe for swimming.
- Amelie Mauresmo inducted into Tennis Hall of Fame Updated: Jul-18-15 9:43 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Amelie Mauresmo is slated to experience two very memorable moments in just a few short weeks.
- Police: DNA sample links Wisconsin man to 1999 RI rape Updated: Jul-17-15 5:27 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Rhode Island authorities say a Wisconsin man who provided a DNA sample after being arrested on drug charges has been linked to a 1999 rape.
- Blast at Washington aerospace plant hurls machinery, hurts 5 Updated: Jul-15-15 8:13 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - An explosion rocked an aerospace plant in northeast Washington, toppling large pieces of machinery, lifting an entire floor off its foundation and injuring five people, authorities said Wednesday.
- Twin River completes purchase of Newport Grand slot parlor Updated: Jul-15-15 7:47 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The owners of the Twin River casino in Lincoln have completed their purchase of the Newport Grand slots parlor.
- Fort Adams Trust cuts ties with its executive director Updated: Jul-15-15 7:28 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The Fort Adams Trust board of directors and Executive Director Richard Nagele are parting ways, apparently because of financial reasons.
- Twin River completes purchase of Newport Grand Updated: Jul-14-15 7:35 pm
LINCOLN, Rhode Island - Twin River Casino has officially completed its purchase of Newport Grand.
- Controversy and criticism hits once-proud tennis Down Under Updated: Jul-13-15 11:32 pm
Australian tennis once was full of good news stories, and personalities to match.
- State takes no position on who owns valuable synagogue bells Updated: Jul-13-15 5:16 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Attorney General Peter Kilmartin has taken no position on who owns a set of ceremonial bells worth millions of dollars at the nation's oldest synagogue.
- Cliff Walk Commission to discuss future of 'love locks' Updated: Jul-13-15 3:20 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The chairman of the commission in charge of Newport's iconic Cliff Walk has called a meeting on the future of "love locks" placed along the walkway that he says have become a detriment to it.
- European tall ships visit Rhode Island, Massachusetts Updated: Jul-09-15 2:02 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Two historically significant European tall ships are in southern New England and are open to the public for tours.