- Tibetan groups campaign against 2022 Olympics going to China Updated: Jul-28-15 6:46 am
BEIJING - Tibetan activists and others are calling on the International Olympic Committee not to award the 2022 Winter Games to Beijing, saying China's human rights record after the 2008 Olympics in the Chinese capital worsened rather than showing a hoped-for improvement.
- Police say terrorist ring uncovered in eastern China Updated: Jul-24-15 3:52 am
BEIJING - Two men were arrested and explosives and other weapons seized in a series of raids in eastern China on Friday in what police described as a terrorist ring.
- Human rights groups criticize both 2022 Winter Olympic bids Updated: Jul-23-15 9:26 am
Watchdog groups criticized the human rights records of China and Kazakhstan on Thursday, just over a week before the IOC decides on whether to award the 2022 Winter Olympics to Beijing or Almaty.
- China says imprisoned Tibetan lama died of cardiac arrest Updated: Jul-19-15 1:04 am
BEIJING - The cause of death of a Tibetan lama who was serving a life sentence in a Chinese prison was cardiac arrest, according to state media.
- Death of Tibetan monk draws ire of US lawmakers Updated: Jul-14-15 6:42 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. lawmakers held a moment of silence Tuesday and expressed anger and sadness over the death in prison of a prominent Tibetan monk, and lamented that U.S. criticism of China's conduct is failing to stop repression of the minority group.
- Tibetan lama Tenzin Delek Rinpoche dies in Chinese prison Updated: Jul-13-15 10:16 pm
BEIJING - Tibetan lama Tenzin Delek Rinpoche has died in prison 13 years into serving a sentence for what human rights groups say were false charges that he was involved in a bombing in a public park. He was 65.
- Dalai Lama celebrates 80th birthday with California summit Updated: Jul-03-15 6:34 pm
IRVINE, California - It won't be a small, private affair when the Dalai Lama celebrates his 80th birthday this weekend in Southern California.