- Palestinian shot after stabbing Israeli in Jerusalem Updated: Oct-07-15 5:23 am
JERUSALEM - A Palestinian woman stabbed an Israeli man who then shot and wounded her in Jerusalem's Old City on Wednesday after some of the tight security measures imposed following a series of deadly Palestinian attacks were lifted, police said.
- New generation of disillusioned Palestinians drives unrest Updated: Oct-06-15 6:26 pm
SURDA, West Bank - A new generation of angry, disillusioned Palestinians is driving the current wave of clashes with Israeli forces: Too young to remember the hardships of life during Israel's clampdown on the last major uprising, they have lost faith in statehood through negotiations, distrust their political leaders and believe Israel only understands force.
- The Latest: UN chief calls for probe of Palestinian deaths Updated: Oct-06-15 1:42 pm
JERUSALEM - The latest developments in ongoing tensions between Palestinians and Israel following days of violence in Jerusalem and the West Bank (all times local).
- Netanyahu demands Abbas, PA condemn West Bank murder Updated: Oct-02-15 1:32 pm
NEW YORK - Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday demanded that Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and his government explicitly condemn the murder of an Israeli settler couple by suspected Palestinian gunmen in the West Bank.
- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Oct-01-15 11:00 pm
Gunman opens fire at Oregon community college before dying in shootout; at least 9 dead
- Christian evangelicals in Jerusalem show love for Israel Updated: Oct-01-15 2:49 am
JERUSALEM - Thousands of evangelical Christians from more than 80 countries descended upon Jerusalem this week to show their support for the Jewish state, including pilgrims and politicians from countries with a history of hostility toward Israel.
- Q&A: Abbas warning to Israel blunted by lack of specifics Updated: Sep-30-15 4:07 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - President Mahmoud Abbas seemingly made good on his threat to drop a "bombshell" in Wednesday's speech to the U.N. General Assembly when he declared that the Palestinians cannot continue to be bound by 20-year-old security and economic agreements with Israel.
- Abbas says Palestinians no longer bound by pacts with Israel Updated: Sep-30-15 3:13 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas declared before world leaders Wednesday that he is no longer bound by agreements signed with Israel and called on the United Nations to provide international protection for Palestinians, in the most serious warning yet that he might walk away from engagement with the Jewish state.
- Ahead of UN speech, Palestinian leader eschews direct talks Updated: Sep-30-15 5:20 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says a new "multilateral" approach to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is needed since direct negotiations have failed.
- Abbas out of options, out of synch with angry Palestinians Updated: Sep-28-15 7:53 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has threatened to drop a "bombshell" in a speech to the United Nations this week - prompting speculation that he will sever ties with Israel over its settlement expansion and other hard-line policies.
- Israeli envoy's appointment in danger over settlement ties Updated: Sep-22-15 12:53 pm
JERUSALEM - In a landmark test case for Israel, the appointment of its next ambassador to Brazil is suddenly in trouble due to his ties to the West Bank settlement movement.
- Israeli archaeologists may have found fabled Maccabees tomb Updated: Sep-21-15 4:39 pm
BEN SHEMEN FOREST, Israel - Israeli archaeologists may be one step closer to solving a riddle that has vexed explorers for more than a century: the location of the fabled tomb of the biblical Maccabees.
- Italian coach in Hebron upends Palestinian soccer league Updated: Sep-20-15 3:31 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Throughout his long career, Stefano Cusin has played in Italy, France and Switzerland and coached in Bulgaria, Cameroon and the Congo. But the 46-year-old, Tuscany-born Cusin says it's only in the Palestinian soccer backwater of Hebron that he has truly rediscovered his passion for the sport.
- US-Israel spat over Iran deal may sideline Palestinians Updated: Sep-08-15 8:44 am
JERUSALEM - In recent months, many in the Middle East had assumed - some in hope, others with concern - that once the Iranian nuclear issue was resolved, the United States would make another push for peace between Israel and the Palestinians. But the opposite seems more likely.