- The Latest: Clashes near Gaza border, 5 Palestinians killed Updated: Oct-09-15 10:03 am
JERUSALEM - The latest developments in ongoing violence between Palestinians and Israelis. (all times local)
- Israel on high alert as violence spreads to Gaza border Updated: Oct-09-15 8:58 am
JERUSALEM - At least four attacks - three by Palestinians and one by an Israeli - as well as deadly clashes along the Gaza border threatened to escalate tensions throughout the country on Friday as Israel struggled to control spiraling violence.
- Best-selling Swedish author Henning Mankell dead at age 67 Updated: Oct-05-15 10:54 am
STOCKHOLM - Henning Mankell, the internationally renowned Swedish crime writer whose books about the gloomy, soul-searching police inspector Kurt Wallander enticed readers around the world, died early Monday, his publisher said. He was 67.
- Q&A: Abbas warning to Israel blunted by lack of specifics Updated: Sep-30-15 4:07 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - President Mahmoud Abbas seemingly made good on his threat to drop a "bombshell" in Wednesday's speech to the U.N. General Assembly when he declared that the Palestinians cannot continue to be bound by 20-year-old security and economic agreements with Israel.
- World Bank: Palestinian economy worsens for third year Updated: Sep-29-15 12:01 pm
JERUSALEM - The World Bank says the Palestinian economy has worsened for a third consecutive year.
- Abbas out of options, out of synch with angry Palestinians Updated: Sep-28-15 7:53 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has threatened to drop a "bombshell" in a speech to the United Nations this week - prompting speculation that he will sever ties with Israel over its settlement expansion and other hard-line policies.
- Rights group says civilians harmed in Egypt's Sinai campaign Updated: Sep-22-15 12:42 am
CAIRO - The Egyptian military's campaign against Islamic insurgents in northern Sinai is harming thousands of civilians and risks turning more people against the government, Human Rights Watch said in a report Tuesday.
- UN envoy says Gaza reconstruction speeding up Updated: Sep-17-15 11:51 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The United Nations' Mideast envoy on Thursday gave a rare upbeat assessment in the Gaza Strip, saying that reconstruction from last year's war between Israel and Hamas militants is speeding up.
- Doctor in blockaded Gaza makes stethoscope with 3-D printer Updated: Sep-10-15 5:41 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A Palestinian-Canadian doctor has created a low-cost stethoscope using a 3-D printer, the first in a series of inventions he hopes will help alleviate medical supply shortages caused by an eight-year blockade on the Gaza Strip.