- Hamas kills its own commander for unnamed 'violations' Updated: Feb-07-16 1:18 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Hamas, the Islamic militant group that rules Gaza, said Sunday that it has executed one of its own commanders over unnamed "moral and behavioral violations."
- Red Cross in Gaza closes office due to violent protests Updated: Feb-07-16 11:41 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The International Committee of the Red Cross said Sunday it is temporarily closing its Gaza office after protesters repeatedly tried to storm it.
- Hamas says 7 of its militants killed in Gaza tunnel collapse Updated: Jan-28-16 5:59 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The Islamic militant group Hamas says seven of its members died when a tunnel into Israel collapsed as they were working on it.
- Heavy rains cause flooding, strain power supplies in Gaza Updated: Jan-26-16 12:10 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Heavy rains caused widespread flooding in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, placing further strain on run-down infrastructure and power supplies in the blockaded Palestinian territory.
- Animals at Gaza's zoos die of hunger, diseases Updated: Jan-22-16 7:41 am
RAFAH, Gaza Strip - The African tiger at the zoo in southern Gaza Strip was emaciated, its belly shrunken and its striped coat hanging loose. It strode nervously up and down its cage.
- Brazil official criticizes Israel's choice for ambassador Updated: Jan-20-16 1:38 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - A senior Brazilian official is expressing unhappiness at Israel's nomination of a former West Bank settler leader to be the new ambassador to the South American nation, calling the action "a false step."
- Palestinians lambast Airbnb's West Bank settlement listings Updated: Jan-20-16 7:46 am
NOFEI PRAT, West Bank - Like many vacation rental operators around the world, Moshe Gordon has listed his property on Airbnb, luring visitors with a stunning vista of desert landscape and boasting of proximity to both Jerusalem and the Dead Sea. What it doesn't mention is that the "cozy fully furnished" apartment, with its cable TV, Internet and hiking trails, is in a West Bank settlement.
- Gaza journalist says he was tortured in Hamas jail Updated: Jan-12-16 2:43 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Palestinian journalist Ayman al-Aloul frequently writes about the hardships of life in the Gaza Strip, and is one of the few voices willing to publicly criticize the rule of the Islamic Hamas movement.