- Connecticut lieutenant governor, lawmakers travel to Taiwan Updated: Oct-03-15 12:07 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman is leading a weeklong business and trade mission to Taiwan.
- EU probes illegal fishing, slave labor before Thai ruling Updated: Oct-01-15 11:42 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union is including Thailand's actions to stamp out slave labor in the fishing industry during its investigation whether to impose sanctions on the major fish-exporting nation for failing to crack down on illegal and unregulated fishing.
- Typhoon lashes Taiwan, killing 2, injuring more than 300 Updated: Sep-29-15 2:00 am
BEIJING - A typhoon struck mainland China on Tuesday after lashing Taiwan, where it killed two, injured hundreds and left hundreds of thousands without power or water.
- Drivers from Taiwan get reprieve from driver's license test Updated: Sep-28-15 8:03 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregonians living in Taiwan will be able to get a driver's license without taking a driving test.
- Typhoon Dujuan intensifies as it heads toward Taiwan Updated: Sep-27-15 3:37 pm
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Typhoon Dujuan picked up strength Sunday as it headed toward Taiwan, prompting warnings of strong winds and torrential rain.
- Tracing China's long, convoluted relationship with the UN Updated: Sep-26-15 2:13 pm
UNITED NATIONS - China's President Xi Jinping is poised to address the U.N. General Assembly for the first time on Monday. Here are some milestones in China's long, convoluted relationship with the world body:
- New Hampshire man recalls Taiwan fire: It was instantaneous Updated: Sep-22-15 5:26 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire man recovering at home from serious burns suffered in a water park explosion in Taiwan says support from his family and friends have kept him going as he thinks about that June day the flammable powder blew up over a stage.
- Declining smartphone maker HTC booted from blue chip index Updated: Sep-21-15 4:46 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's stock exchange has removed smartphone maker HTC from its index of blue chip companies, signposting the dramatic decline of a business that once ranked as Taiwan's No. 1 brand and dazzled consumers with some of the world's first Android handsets.
- Taiwanese airline will help tourists seek aurora in Alaska Updated: Sep-12-15 4:57 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - An airline will soon offer direct flights from Taiwan to Fairbanks for stargazing tourists interested in seeing an aurora in Alaska.
- Bon Jovi adds Taiwan show following China tour cancellation Updated: Sep-11-15 10:35 am
BEIJING - Bon Jovi has added a second concert in Taiwan this month and a new concert in Bangkok, after the rock group's concerts in China were abruptly canceled.
- Taiwan simulates attacks by political rival China Updated: Sep-10-15 3:16 am
HSINCHU, Taiwan - Taiwan's military blasted shells into the ocean Thursday, one in a series of exercises this week to simulate attacks by political rival China after Beijing staged what appeared to be a mock strike against the presidential office in Taipei.
- Netflix plans expansion to 4 more Asian markets Updated: Sep-09-15 12:13 am
HONG KONG - Netflix said Wednesday it's planning to enter four more Asian markets next year as the Internet video streaming service steps up its international expansion.