- Taiwan stands up to China with World War II military parade Updated: Jul-04-15 3:34 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan marched out thousands of troops and displayed its most modern military hardware Saturday to spotlight an old but often forgotten claim that its forces, not the Chinese Communists, led the campaign that routed imperial Japan from China 70 years ago.
- Taiwan pilot in February TransAsia crash described as hasty Updated: Jul-02-15 8:20 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - A pilot described by colleagues as nervous and hasty mistakenly throttled down a still-running engine following a glitch with the other engine in an airline crash that killed 43 people in Taiwan in February, flight safety officials said Thursday.
- Pianist Chi-Chen Wu brings new skills to UW Updated: Jul-02-15 5:02 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - After more than 30 years of piano experience and world-wide studies, assistant professor Chi-Chen Wu ended her trek three years ago at the University of Wyoming Department of Music, ready to teach students skills not easily found.
- 2nd person dies in Taiwan water park fire Updated: Jul-02-15 2:52 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - The death toll from a blaze at a Taiwan water park party over the weekend rose to two on Thursday, with more than 200 injured still in intensive care.
- Man sustains severe burns after water park explosion Updated: Jun-30-15 6:41 am
MONT VERNON, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire man is fighting for his life after being severely burned in an explosion at a water park in Taiwan that killed one person and hurt nearly 500.
- Jolin Tsai, Eason Chan, A-Mei win at Golden Melody Awards Updated: Jun-29-15 5:59 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Jolin Tsai was the big winner at the Golden Melody Awards, honoring some of the biggest names in Asian music.
- Millions of people bend and twist their bodies for Yoga Day Updated: Jun-22-15 12:07 am
NEW DELHI - Millions of yoga enthusiasts across the world bent and twisted their bodies in complex postures Sunday to mark the first International Yoga Day.
- New Mexico Lt. Gov. Sanchez to lead trade mission to Taiwan Updated: Jun-19-15 10:31 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Lt. Gov. John Sanchez says he'll lead a local delegation on a trade mission to Taiwan beginning Sunday.
- China to simplify entry rules for Taiwan visitors Updated: Jun-15-15 2:43 am
BEIJING - China will make it easier for Taiwanese to visit, state media reported Monday, in the latest appeal to voters ahead of crucial presidential elections on the island in January.