- Student protesters sit-in at Taiwan Education Ministry Updated: Jul-31-15 4:35 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Dozens of students launched a sit-in Friday at Taiwan's Education Ministry demanding that officials take responsibility for a student leader who killed himself in an apparent protest over curriculum changes that critics say overemphasize China's ties to the island.
- Taiwan, Thailand join deal to end tariffs on tech products Updated: Jul-28-15 12:19 pm
BERLIN - The World Trade Organization says Taiwan and Thailand have joined an agreement reached last week to abolish duties on more than 200 technology products.
- China dissident Wu'er Kaixi running for Taiwan's parliament Updated: Jul-24-15 10:41 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Prominent exiled Chinese dissident Wu'er Kaixi announced his candidacy Friday for a seat in Taiwan's parliament, saying he wants to serve as a check on the ruling Nationalist Party and help shore up the island's global status.
- Burn victim recovering, happy to have love sent his way Updated: Jul-22-15 1:49 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire man recovering in Taiwan after being severely burned in an explosion at a water park there last month says he's grateful for all the get-well wishes.
- 2 women to vie in Taiwan presidential election for 1st time Updated: Jul-19-15 7:01 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's top two political parties have each nominated a woman for president in 2016, a historic first signaling acceptance of female leadership and kicking off a campaign highlighted so far by clashing views on ties with rival China.
- Taiwan promotes its island claim in South China Sea Updated: Jul-18-15 3:34 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - As China builds artificial islands in a vast resource-rich South China Sea and neighbors in Southeast Asia brace for possible conflict, Taiwan is cutting carbon emissions and offering a hospital for humanitarian aid on the sea's largest natural islet to seek international approval for easing tension.