- Writers share Wodehouse comic fiction prize, win a pig Updated: May-24-16 7:09 pm
LONDON - Satires set in financial-crisis Ireland and the high-end art world share this year's Bollinger Everyman Wodehouse Prize for comic fiction, whose rewards include a bottle of champagne and a pig.
- NZ 7s coach given some credit for rugby's return to Olympics Updated: May-24-16 6:42 pm
LONDON - Sonny Bill Williams is going in for a try untouched in the left corner when the whistle blows.
- Tech companies take the lead as US stocks surge Updated: May-24-16 4:30 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks made their biggest gain since March on Tuesday as technology companies like Apple and Microsoft soared. Homebuilders also climbed after the government said sales of new homes reached an eight-year high last month. That was a sign the housing market and the broader economy are still in pretty good shape.
- Daughter seeks US help over missing Hong Kong publisher Updated: May-24-16 3:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The daughter of a Hong Kong-based publisher believed abducted by Chinese authorities eight months ago appeared Tuesday before a U.S. congressional commission urging Washington's help to win his release.
- State TV says 14 Russians on list for 2008 Olympic doping Updated: May-24-16 3:16 pm
MOSCOW - Ten medalists from the 2008 Beijing Olympics, including 2012 high jump champion Anna Chicherova, were among 14 Russians that tested positive in the reanalysis of their doping samples, state television reported Tuesday.
- British police: 24-hour alcohol bans in Lens for Euro 2016 Updated: May-24-16 1:53 pm
LONDON - French authorities plan to impose 24-hour alcohol bans in the center of Lens when the city hosts European Championship games and ticketless fans are being urged to stay away from the small northern city, British police said Tuesday.
- North Korea's UK ambassador rejects Trump's offer of talks Updated: May-24-16 1:13 pm
LONDON - North Korea's ambassador to Britain said Tuesday that his country has no interest in presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's offer to open nuclear talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
- Arsenal received bigger EPL windfall than champion Leicester Updated: May-24-16 12:44 pm
LONDON - Arsenal received the most Premier League prize money last season despite finishing behind champion Leicester.
- Liverpool signs goalkeeper Karius from German club Mainz Updated: May-24-16 12:30 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool has signed goalkeeper Loris Karius from German club Mainz for $7 million.
- Pro-EU ad urges UK youth to get 'votin,' leaves some fumin Updated: May-24-16 12:11 pm
LONDON - Campaigners for Britain to remain in the European Union have been mocked online for a video urging young people to vote in next month's membership referendum.
- EU gives go-ahead for huge beer merger Updated: May-24-16 12:02 pm
LONDON - The European Union's regulator has given the go-ahead to the proposed merger of Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller, clearing another hurdle for the combination of the world's two biggest beer makers.
- As Man U aura fades, Mourinho can make club box office again Updated: May-24-16 11:39 am
LONDON - The stability Alex Ferguson fostered over more than 26 years at Old Trafford has eroded in the three years since his retirement. Manchester United often seems like just any other team, shorn of its aura of superiority and orderly calm while churning through managers.
- Burt Kwouk, veteran of the 'Pink Panther' movies, dies at 85 Updated: May-24-16 11:15 am
LONDON - Burt Kwouk, an actor who played martial arts expert Cato in the comic "Pink Panther" films, has died. He was 85.
- Model admits taking vehicle of British millionaire shot dead Updated: May-24-16 10:40 am
MADRID - A Slovakian model on trial in the fatal shooting of her millionaire British ex-boyfriend testified Tuesday she fled the scene in his vehicle because she was scared after he threatened her and was shot in a struggle over a handgun.
- 'Top Gear' roars back with Matt LeBlanc, high expectations Updated: May-24-16 10:32 am
LONDON - "Top Gear" doesn't do understatement.
- Tony Blair says defeating IS requires 'proper ground war' Updated: May-24-16 9:02 am
LONDON - The Islamic State group will be defeated only with a ground war involving Western troops, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair said Tuesday.
- Top UK court rules against expats over EU referendum voting Updated: May-24-16 8:51 am
LONDON - Britain's Supreme Court has rejected a bid by two Britons who live abroad to vote in next month's referendum on European Union membership.
- Irish church eyes 2018 papal visit, reconciliation gesture Updated: May-24-16 8:02 am
VATICAN CITY - The archbishop of Dublin is hoping Pope Francis will visit Northern Ireland as well as Dublin to mark the next edition of the Catholic Church's big family rally.
- British pound up as markets see lower risk of EU exit Updated: May-24-16 7:41 am
LONDON - The British pound posted strong gains Tuesday as market expectations waned somewhat of a British exit from the European Union, so-called Brexit.
- Rory McIlroy concerned about Zika ahead of Olympics Updated: May-24-16 6:36 am
LONDON - Rory McIlroy has concerns about the Zika virus as he prepares to play at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- UK actor Ian McKellen: 'India needs to grow up' about gays Updated: May-24-16 6:04 am
MUMBAI, India - British actor Ian McKellen has criticized India's use of a British colonial law to crack down on homosexuals, saying in an interview with a Mumbai newspaper published Tuesday that "India needs to grow up."
- UK council approves fracking; environmentalists vow to fight Updated: May-24-16 5:41 am
LONDON - A council has granted the first fracking license to be issued in England for five years, but environmental groups are vowing to fight on against the use of the technology.
- German investor confidence down amid concern over UK vote Updated: May-24-16 5:33 am
BERLIN - A survey of German investor confidence has dipped unexpectedly because of concerns, among others, over whether Britain will vote to leave the European Union.
- School threats could be latest in school "swatting" Updated: May-23-16 7:45 pm
DENVER - Threats made against schools across the United States led to the evacuation of students Monday in what could be the latest example of so-called "swatting" against schools.
- Vardy finally getting married - at 4th attempt Updated: May-23-16 6:41 pm
MANCHESTER, England - It seems Jamie Vardy is better at scoring goals than arranging a wedding.