- The Latest: UK will accept Syrian children from Europe Updated: May-04-16 9:51 am
BRUSSELS - The Latest on Europe's response to the wave of migration from the Middle East and elsewhere (all times local):
- Mining company's stock dives as Brazil sues in dam tragedy Updated: May-04-16 9:44 am
LONDON - Shares in miner BHP Billiton tumbled after Brazil's federal prosecutor launched a $43 billion civil suit for a dam break that killed 19 people and caused the worst environmental disaster in the country's history.
- Markets Right Now: Stocks open lower on Wall Street Updated: May-04-16 9:42 am
NEW YORK - The Latest on developments in financial markets (all times local):
- John Boyega goes from 'Star Wars' to London's Old Vic stage Updated: May-04-16 8:39 am
LONDON - John Boyega is going from space battles in "Star Wars" to earthbound struggles onstage at London's Old Vic Theatre.
- Global stocks dented by growth concerns ahead of US data Updated: May-04-16 8:06 am
LONDON - Global stock markets fell Wednesday as investors worried about global growth in the run-up to a series of U.S. indicators that will provide further insights into the state of the world's largest economy.
- UK councils face court challenge over Israel boycotts Updated: May-04-16 7:24 am
LONDON - A Jewish group has launched a lawsuit against British local authorities that called for boycotts of goods from Israeli settlements, claiming the actions are anti-Semitic.
- Graceland, home of Elvis, receives 20 millionth paid visitor Updated: May-04-16 7:20 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The operators of Graceland say the Memphis tourist attraction centered on the life and music of Elvis Presley has received its 20 millionth paid visitor.
- Diamond the size of a tennis ball could fetch $70 million Updated: May-04-16 7:19 am
LONDON - It's a rock for the ages.
- Royal Dutch Shell first quarter earnings down 58 percent Updated: May-04-16 6:47 am
LONDON - Oil company Royal Dutch Shell said first-quarter earnings plunged 58 percent as depressed crude prices create "hugely challenging times" for the energy industry.
- Eurozone growth in 'low gear' at start of second quarter Updated: May-04-16 6:31 am
LONDON - As winter turned to spring, the eurozone economy appears to have lost some - but by no means all - of the momentum that saw it grow faster than the U.S. in the first quarter of the year.
- Methodology behind Leicester: Ranieri's winning blueprint Updated: May-04-16 1:28 am
LEICESTER, England - Claudio Ranieri is still struggling to comprehend how he managed to transform Leicester from 5,000-1 outsiders to Premier League champions.
- Football fans everywhere embrace Leicester's title success Updated: May-03-16 9:11 pm
LEICESTER, England - The partisanship that usually defines soccer in England seemed to be temporarily set aside as Leicester City's players were acclaimed as the People's Champions.
- Andy Murray won't stay at Olympic Village at Rio Games Updated: May-03-16 8:26 pm
MADRID - Defending champion Andy Murray says he won't be living in the Olympic Village in Rio de Janeiro, preferring to stay at an apartment with the British tennis team.
- Ranieri won't sign superstars to strengthen Leicester squad Updated: May-03-16 6:35 pm
LEICESTER, England - Claudio Ranieri is sticking with Leicester's title-winning blueprint and said the club won't be in the market for established, expensive talent to strengthen the Premier League champions.
- Partying, training, then more celebrating for Leicester team Updated: May-03-16 6:20 pm
LEICESTER, England - There are certain pitfalls to being a club's first title-winning side. Leicester City's once-unheralded players discovered Tuesday that going for a pizza is no longer so easy once you're a Premier League champion.
- Fatal helicopter crash in Norway caused by technical failure Updated: May-03-16 3:52 pm
HELSINKI - A helicopter accident in western Norway last week that killed all 13 people on board was caused by technical failure and not human error, investigators said Tuesday.
- Liberty House submits bid for Tata Steel assets in UK Updated: May-03-16 3:26 pm
LONDON - Two firms have expressed interest in buying the available assets of Tata Steel UK, setting up rival bids that could help revive the troubled industry in Britain.
- NBC and Golf Channel facing a busy summer of golf Updated: May-03-16 1:42 pm
The summer schedule for NBC and Golf Channel is not finalized, though this much is clear: There won't be another summer like this one from the number of big events to two premier tournaments that the networks have never broadcast.
- Sandringham is British royals' much-loved country retreat Updated: May-03-16 12:27 pm
SANDRINGHAM, England - It is unique among royal residences, a country retreat that is the private property of Queen Elizabeth II, a place at once so private and so beguiling that King George V pronounced it "the place I love better than anywhere in the world."
- Fellaini, Huth charged after clashing during EPL game Updated: May-03-16 11:48 am
LONDON - The English Football Association has charged Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini and Leicester defender Robert Huth with violent conduct after they clashed during a Premier League game at the weekend.
- English soccer's superpowers shown up by little Leicester Updated: May-03-16 11:43 am
MANCHESTER, England - One by one, English soccer's supposed superpowers fell off the relentless pace set by Leicester in the Premier League title race.
- Atletico Madrid returns to lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: May-03-16 11:06 am
LONDON - Atletico Madrid led the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday after two victories in a week maintained its bid to win the Champions League and Spanish league.
- Ultimate underdog: Leicester triumph will inspire for years Updated: May-02-16 6:03 pm
LONDON - Whenever sporting fans say they dare to dream in future, Leicester City shows they really can. Sometimes it just takes a long, long time.
- Leicester toasts world snooker champion Selby Updated: May-02-16 5:59 pm
SHEFFIELD, England - The city of Leicester wasn't just toasting its soccer team on Monday: One of its natives won the snooker World Championship on the same night.
- How little Leicester pulled off the seemingly impossible Updated: May-02-16 5:13 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester has pulled off the seemingly impossible and won the English Premier League.