- British foreign secretary meets Tunisian leader after attack Updated: Nov-27-15 8:44 am
TUNIS, Tunisia - Britain's foreign secretary has met with Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi, promising his nation's support after the third deadly attack this year in Tunisia claimed by the Islamic State group.
- United short of strikers after James Wilson loaned out Updated: Nov-27-15 7:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - As the final whistle blew on Manchester United's fourth goalless draw in its last seven matches, the boos filling Old Trafford were another indicator of disenchantment about the team's playing style.
- Head of inquiry into sex abuse outlines scope of probe Updated: Nov-27-15 6:46 am
LONDON - The head of a British inquiry into child sex abuse says the Anglican and Catholic churches will be among the institutions investigated in the wide-ranging probe.
- Cameron in Austria: Brits 'not happy' with EU status quo Updated: Nov-26-15 4:44 pm
VIENNA - British Prime Minister David Cameron said Thursday that his fellow citizens are "not happy" with the EU status quo, the relationship between countries using the euro and those - like his- with national currencies.
- Sebastian Coe gives up role with Nike amid scrutiny Updated: Nov-26-15 3:51 pm
MONACO - Although new to his job, Sebastian Coe has already learned that some battles are simply not worth fighting when you're trying to lead a major sport out of crisis.
- Cameron: UK must attack IS in Syria to deny group safe haven Updated: Nov-26-15 1:59 pm
LONDON - British Prime Minister David Cameron urged skeptical lawmakers to back airstrikes on the Islamic State group in Syria, saying Thursday that the Paris attacks have given the fight new urgency and Britain owes it to key allies to act.
- Leicester upstaging the big names in English Premier League Updated: Nov-26-15 11:44 am
MANCHESTER, England - A glance at the top of Europe's big leagues tells a mostly familiar story after a third of the season.
- Vardy takes unlikely route to Premier League record book Updated: Nov-26-15 11:37 am
Jamie Vardy's unconventional route to the English Premier League's record book began with heartbreaking rejection from his hometown club at 16 and back-breaking work in a carbon-fiber factory.
- Adele announces first tour in five years for new album '25' Updated: Nov-26-15 11:30 am
LONDON - Adele has announced her first tour since 2011, with a string of European dates in support of her record-breaking new album, "25."
- Queen Elizabeth II visits beloved Malta and Commonwealth Updated: Nov-26-15 11:03 am
VALLETTA, Malta - It is a bittersweet moment for Queen Elizabeth II. She is visiting a country she loves on what may be her final trip to an organization she cherishes - one that might struggle without her.
- Andy Murray leads Britain's Davis Cup bid against Belgium Updated: Nov-26-15 10:09 am
GHENT, Belgium - Andy Murray ended a 77-year wait for a British man to win the Wimbledon title and he is on the verge of snapping an even longer drought in the Davis Cup final.
- Britain's Prince Harry opens children's center in Lesotho Updated: Nov-26-15 9:49 am
JOHANNESBURG - Prince Harry has named the buildings of a new children's center in Lesotho after the two most important women in his life - his mother and his nanny.
- Klitschko out to silence Fury, prolong heavyweight reign Updated: Nov-26-15 7:40 am
BERLIN - Tyson Fury's promise to end Wladimir Klitschko's long heavyweight reign in Duesseldorf on Saturday is nothing the defending champion hasn't heard before.
- UK fines Barclays for lax oversight on financial crime Updated: Nov-26-15 4:36 am
LONDON - British authorities have fined Barclays 72 million pounds ($108 million) for failing to safeguard against the risk that the bank would be used to facilitate financial crime.
- Redskins could play twice in London next season Updated: Nov-25-15 8:00 pm
LONDON - The Washington Redskins could become the first NFL team to play two games in London in one season - in consecutive weeks, no less.
- Letter calls for candidates for next UN chief by spring Updated: Nov-25-15 7:43 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A draft letter from the presidents of the Security Council and the General Assembly calls for candidates to replace Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to declare their interest next spring and for the next U.N. chief to be selected by September or October in order to have sufficient time to prepare for the critically important job.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City Updated: Nov-25-15 6:36 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrated his return to his first senior club with a goal as Paris Saint-Germain advanced to the knockout phase of the Champions League on Wednesday while Juventus claimed top spot to qualify from Group D with a 1-0 win over Manchester City.
- Bengals headed to London for first time next season Updated: Nov-25-15 6:14 pm
CINCINNATI - The tiger-striped helmets are headed to London for the first time.
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV Updated: Nov-25-15 6:13 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's Champions League ambitions were plunged into doubt after a 0-0 home draw against PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday that highlighted the English team's attacking shortcomings under manager Louis van Gaal.
- UK backs off cuts to tax breaks for lower income households Updated: Nov-25-15 3:32 pm
LONDON - Britain's Treasury chief abandoned controversial cuts in tax credits for the working poor and kept police funding intact on Wednesday as he updated Parliament on the government's budget plans.
- A veteran's memories Updated: Nov-25-15 2:16 pm
ROCK SPRINGS, Wyoming - Several of World War II veteran Harry R. Chipp's war stories sound like the stuff of nightmares.
- As border checks return in Europe, economic costs loom Updated: Nov-25-15 1:48 pm
LONDON - Queues, bottlenecks and security checks - their return in Europe could have a sizeable economic impact if they become entrenched in the wake of the attacks in Paris and the unprecedented flow of refugees from conflict zones like Syria.
- Dome operator: Rams must play in St. Louis, not London Updated: Nov-25-15 1:35 pm
ST. LOUIS - The NFL announced Wednesday that the Rams will play a home game in London next season and the operator of the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis responded almost immediately by saying the team's lease agreement prohibits it.
- Canadian PM Trudeau: Syrian refugees not security risk Updated: Nov-25-15 1:01 pm
LONDON - Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he has slowed down plans to settle 25,000 Syrian refugees within weeks in order to allay citizens' security concerns after the Paris attacks.
- Premier League cancels Belgium tournament over terror alert Updated: Nov-25-15 12:51 pm
LONDON - The terror alert in Belgium has prompted the English Premier League to cancel a youth tournament in Belgium to commemorate the spontaneous World War I match between British and German soldiers during World War I.