- The Latest: IOM eyes closer ties to UN to help migrants Updated: May-27-16 12:12 pm
GENEVA - The Latest on Europe's response to the migrant crisis (all times local):
- IOC: 23 positives in retests of samples from London Olympics Updated: May-27-16 12:01 pm
LONDON - Nearly two dozen athletes tested positive in reanalysis of their doping samples from the 2012 London Olympics, adding to the more than 30 already caught in retesting from the 2008 Beijing Games.
- Croatia gets 2-match World Cup stadium ban for fascist chant Updated: May-27-16 11:38 am
ZURICH - Croatia has been ordered to play two World Cup qualifying matches in empty stadiums for repeated cases of fans chanting fascist slogans.
- UN envoy to Syria: Peace talks not set to resume for weeks Updated: May-26-16 2:55 pm
GENEVA - The U.N. envoy for Syria plans a resumption of peace talks "as soon as feasible" between the government and opposition, but he set no new date and expects that it will "certainly not" come within the next two to three weeks, his office said Thursday.
- WHO: Nearly 960 killed in attacks on hospitals in 2 years Updated: May-26-16 11:36 am
WASHINGTON - Nearly 960 people have been killed worldwide in attacks on medical facilities in conflicts over the past two years, the World Health Organization said in a report Thursday that highlighted an alarming disrespect for the protection of health care in war by both governments and armed groups.
- UN health agency gets OK for revamp of emergency response Updated: May-25-16 6:58 pm
GENEVA - Stung by failures in its response to Ebola, the World Health Organization is revamping how it responds to emergencies to become nimbler, more reactive and more operational in "one of the most profound transformations" ever at the U.N. health agency.
- Swiss region: Muslim boys must shake female teachers' hands Updated: May-25-16 1:41 pm
GENEVA - A school board in northern Switzerland said Wednesday that two Muslim boys who have refused to shake hands with their female teachers for religious reasons can be required to do so, ruling that their parents could face fines of up to 5,000 Swiss francs (about $5,000) if they don't.
- Taiwan minister hopes to work with China on health issues Updated: May-25-16 11:34 am
GENEVA - Taiwan hopes to work with China to help improve the health of people "on both sides of the Taiwan Strait" and is engaging more with the world to fight viruses like Zika, MERS, Ebola and dengue, the Taiwanese health minister said in an interview Wednesday.
- Midfielder Xhaka becomes Arsenal's first offseason signing Updated: May-25-16 9:12 am
LONDON - Arsenal began its offseason transfer activity early by signing Switzerland midfielder Granit Xhaka on Wednesday, adding another talented player to the most competitive area of the squad.
- Brazilian health minister updates IOC on anti-Zika measures Updated: May-24-16 1:46 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Brazil's health minister briefed IOC officials Tuesday on the steps being taken to combat the Zika virus ahead of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- Swiss bank to be shut over Malaysia embezzlement scandal Updated: May-24-16 10:59 am
GENEVA - A Swiss private bank accused of turning a blind eye to shady money transfers and willful defiance of regulators will face criminal proceedings and be liquidated for its alleged role in the suspected embezzlement of $4 billion from a Malaysian state fund.
- UEFA fines Liverpool, Man United for chants in Europa League Updated: May-24-16 10:07 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has fined Liverpool and Manchester United 20,000 euros ($22,300) each for offensive chants by fans at their Europa League round of 16 matches.
- FIFA fires finance director Kattner over bonus payments Updated: May-23-16 5:47 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has fired its finance director of the past 13 years, removing another fixture of the Sepp Blatter presidential era in another round of revelations about irregular million-dollar payments.
- Efimova's provisional doping ban lifted by FINA Updated: May-22-16 9:17 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Four-time world champion Yulia Efimova has had her provisional doping suspension lifted by swimming's governing body.
- The Latest: First audio from EgyptAir flight released Updated: May-21-16 8:35 pm
CAIRO - The Latest on the crash of EgyptAir Flight 804 (all times local):
- 17 Taiwan tourists injured in train-bus crash in Switzerland Updated: May-21-16 1:01 pm
BERLIN - Seventeen tourists from Taiwan were injured when a German high-speed train collided with a tour bus in the Swiss lakeside town of Interlaken, Swiss police and a Taiwanese official said Saturday.
- UEFA charges Liverpool, Sevilla over fighting fans at final Updated: May-20-16 12:10 pm
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has opened disciplinary cases against Liverpool and Sevilla after fans fought in a poorly segregated section of the stadium before the Europa League final on Wednesday.
- Stan Wawrinka, Marin Cilic advance to Geneva Open final Updated: May-20-16 12:05 pm
GENEVA - Top-seeded Stan Wawrinka will play Marin Cilic for the Geneva Open title after both advanced from the semifinals on Friday.
- FIFA judges want 2-year ban for Niersbach in 2006 bid case Updated: May-20-16 10:02 am
GENEVA - Just 10 days after the rebranded FIFA Council met for the first time, one of its members faces being banned from soccer in fallout from World Cup corruption allegations.
- FIFA President Infantino to reveal salary when he knows it Updated: May-19-16 11:23 am
ZURICH - FIFA President Gianni Infantino will announce his salary "as soon as it has been confirmed."
- Guelzec and Watanabe vying to become new FIG president Updated: May-19-16 11:03 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Georges Guelzec and Morinari Watanabe are in the running to replace Bruno Grandi as president of the International Gymnastics Federation.
- Cash is king: Swiss defend huge 1,000-franc bank note Updated: May-19-16 10:56 am
GENEVA - The eurozone is scrapping its 500-euro ($564) note out of concern over its popularity with money launderers. But Switzerland is making clear that it sees no need to kill off its own 1,000-franc bill - currently worth $1,018.
- Klopp: Europa League loss can be turning point for club Updated: May-19-16 9:49 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Juergen Klopp knows his team's loss in the Europa League final looked bad. It felt bad, too.
- Sevilla stuns Liverpool with 3-1 win in Europa League final Updated: May-18-16 7:52 pm
BASEL, Switzerland - Spain did it again, Sevilla did it again and Liverpool could do little to turn the tide as a Europa League title slipped away on Wednesday.
- Klopp cops for blame as Liverpool let Europa League slip Updated: May-18-16 7:34 pm
BASEL, Switzerland - Liverpool coach Juergen Klopp took the blame for his team letting first-half dominance over Sevilla slip away in the Europa League final.