- Finnish report highlights Russian threat of NATO membership Updated: Apr-29-16 8:55 am
HELSINKI - Finland could expect "harsh" reactions from Russia if it decided to join NATO, but would be better off doing so together with neighboring Sweden, an expert panel told the Finnish government on Friday.
- Lavrov: Baltics show no gratitude for Moscow letting them go Updated: Apr-29-16 8:52 am
STOCKHOLM - Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov says the Baltic countries have shown no gratitude to Moscow for letting them "go in peace" after the Soviet Union collapsed.
- In Sweden, 5 charged with murder over tavern shooting Updated: Apr-29-16 7:06 am
STOCKHOLM - Swedish prosecutors have charged five men with murder over a shooting in Sweden's second largest city last year that left two dead and eight wounded. Three others were charged with accessory to murder.
- Alicia Vikander takes on Lara Croft role in 'Tomb Raider' Updated: Apr-28-16 7:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - Alicia Vikander is following in Angelina Jolie's butt-kicking footsteps.
- Goteborg apologizes over crowd trouble at abandoned match Updated: Apr-28-16 8:18 am
GOTEBORG, Sweden - Swedish club IFK Goteborg has apologized for crowd trouble that resulted in a league match against Malmo being abandoned after a firework landed next to a visiting player warming up on the sidelines and he responded angrily.
- Swedish court lowers sentence to doctor for abducting woman Updated: Apr-28-16 6:25 am
STOCKHOLM - An appeals court in Sweden has reduced the sentence given to a Swedish doctor who abducted a woman and kept her locked up in a bunker for almost a week.
- Electrolux sees strong rise in first quarter profit Updated: Apr-28-16 4:13 am
STOCKHOLM - Swedish home appliance maker Electrolux says its first-quarter income rose 158 percent to 875 million kronor ($108 million), citing increasing demand in Europe and North America.
- Danes face smuggling charges for giving migrants a lift Updated: Apr-27-16 6:14 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Already under fire for ordering police to seize jewelry from asylum-seekers, Denmark is seeing its humanitarian credentials once again being questioned as it presses smuggling charges against people who gave migrants a ride to neighboring Sweden.
- Swedish Greens jolted by claims of Islamist infiltration Updated: Apr-26-16 10:21 am
STOCKHOLM - One refused to shake hands with a female journalist. Another compared Israel to Nazi Germany. A third was seen doing hand signs associated with Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood in the background of a live TV broadcast.
- Swedish security police check info that media call a threat Updated: Apr-26-16 6:58 am
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's security service said Tuesday it is "working to assess information" after Swedish media reported that Iraqi authorities had told the agency about alleged Islamic State militants who were reportedly planning a terror attack in Stockholm.
- Volvo profits down as truck sales fall in North America Updated: Apr-22-16 5:35 am
STOCKHOLM - Swedish truck maker Volvo AB says its first-quarter profits dipped by 11 percent as demand dropped in North America.
- Sweden's central bank expands bond-buying program Updated: Apr-21-16 7:54 am
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's central bank has left its key interest rate unchanged at a record minus 0.50 percent but says it will expand its bond-purchase program by 45 billion kronor ($5.6 billion) in the second half of the year.
- Sweden's newborn prince to be named Alexander Updated: Apr-21-16 6:27 am
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's palace has announced that the latest addition to the royal family will be named Prince Alexander.
- Ericsson's profits rise 49 percent, but sales down Updated: Apr-21-16 6:16 am
STOCKHOLM - Networks maker Ericsson's profits jumped 49 percent in the first quarter but the results were lower than expected and the company announced a shakeup of its leadership structure to drive growth.
- Swedish deputy prime minister calls 9/11 attacks 'accidents' Updated: Apr-19-16 4:08 pm
STOCKHOLM - Swedish Environment Minister and Deputy Prime Minister Asa Romson is being criticized for referring to the 9/11 attacks as "accidents" in a live TV interview.
- Swedish minister quits, accused of links to Turkish radicals Updated: Apr-18-16 10:32 am
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's housing minister stepped down Monday amid mounting questions over his contacts with Islamists and ultra-nationalists from his native Turkey.
- Vattenfall to sell German plants, mines to Czech firm EPH Updated: Apr-18-16 8:44 am
PRAGUE - Swedish energy producer Vattenfall AB has agreed to sell to a Czech company its four German coal plants and its lignite mining assets, an effort to make its operations more environmentally friendly.
- German is suspected of blackmailing Czech govt with a toxin Updated: Apr-16-16 8:33 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A Swedish prosecutor says a 27-year-old German doctoral student is suspected of blackmailing the Czech government by sending an undisclosed toxic substance he had acquired over the Internet.
- Sweden arrests suspect for planning terror crimes abroad Updated: Apr-14-16 7:40 am
STOCKHOLM - Swedish prosecutors say a 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of planning terror crimes abroad.
- Sweden arrests man wanted in Germany for terror crimes Updated: Apr-13-16 11:58 am
STOCKHOLM - Swedish police have arrested a 35-year-old foreign man wanted by German police on suspicion of terror-linked crimes in 2014, officials said Wednesday.
- Insulting remarks about Armenia forces resignation in Sweden Updated: Apr-11-16 11:01 am
STOCKHOLM - The deputy chairman of a Swedish-Turkish association has resigned after derogatory comments he made about Armenians last week.
- Ibrahimovic sues former athletics coach over doping comment Updated: Apr-11-16 10:56 am
STOCKHOLM - Zlatan Ibrahimovic is suing a Swedish former athletics coach who said he believed the soccer star had taken banned substances to gain weight while playing for Juventus.
- Swede arrested in Brussels 'brainwashed' by militants Updated: Apr-10-16 6:19 am
MALMO, Sweden - Osama Krayem lived a delinquent lifestyle in Rosengard, an immigrant neighborhood in the Swedish city of Malmo, before he was "brainwashed" and joined Islamic militants in Syria, community activists and his aunt say.
- Swedish police hunt arsonist suspected of torching school Updated: Apr-10-16 4:03 am
STOCKHOLM - Swedish police say they are searching for a suspected arsonist believed to have torched a Muslim school before making off in a car that almost ran over a police officer.
- The Latest: Belgium: Suspect admits to being 'man in hat' Updated: Apr-09-16 1:26 pm
PARIS - The Latest on the deadly attacks in Brussels and Paris (all times local):