- Sweden's Widegren leads by 1 at Madeira Islands Open Updated: Aug-01-15 3:21 pm
SANTO DA SERRA, Madeira Islands - Pontus Widegren of Sweden will take a one-shot lead into the final round of the Madeira Islands Open, and hope of a first win on the European Tour.
- Snoop Dogg stopped by Italian customs Updated: Aug-01-15 1:13 pm
MILAN - Snoop Dogg has had another run-in with European authorities.
- Ortega wins 110 hurdles at Stockholm Diamond League Updated: Jul-30-15 3:17 pm
STOCKHOLM - Orlando Ortega of Cuba beat a strong field to win the men's 110-meter hurdles at the Diamond League meeting in Stockholm, as world champion David Oliver had to settle for third on Thursday ahead of his title defense in Beijing next month.
- Sweden says underwater wreck likely WWI Russian submarine Updated: Jul-28-15 12:31 pm
STOCKHOLM - Sweden says a submarine wreck found last week in its territorial waters was most likely Russian World War I submarine the Som, which sank after colliding with a Swedish ship in 1916.
- Swedish police question Snoop Dogg for suspected drug use Updated: Jul-26-15 3:44 pm
HELSINKI - Swedish police say they briefly held U.S. rapper Snoop Dogg on suspicion of drug use after he performed a concert near Stockholm.
- Germany opens World Cup title defense against Norway Updated: Jul-26-15 6:02 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Holder Germany will open its World Cup title defense against Norway.
- Sweden arrests 2 suspected of terror, murder in Syria Updated: Jul-23-15 10:59 am
HELSINKI - Swedish security police say they have arrested two Swedish citizens on suspicion of terrorist offenses and murder in Syria in 2013.
- Birmingham mayor: Pleased to back pope's call to end slavery Updated: Jul-21-15 10:44 am
VATICAN CITY - The latest developments at the Vatican's meeting of mayors on fighting climate change and human trafficking. All times local.
- Europe helps Electrolux return to profit in Q2 Updated: Jul-17-15 5:58 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Swedish home appliance maker Electrolux returned to profit in the second quarter of the year on a combination of strong demand in western Europe and cost savings.
- Strycova advances in Swedish Open Updated: Jul-14-15 4:24 pm
BASTAD, Sweden - Third-seeded Barbora Strycova beat Grace Min of the United States 6-4, 6-2 on Tuesday to reach the second round of the Swedish Open.
- British Open, Tee Times Updated: Jul-13-15 10:06 am