- Atletico wins 2-1 at third-tier Reus in Copa del R Updated: Dec-01-15 5:07 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Atletico Madrid fought back for a 2-1 win at third-division side Reus in their opening match of the Copa del Rey on Tuesday.
- Real Madrid adds defender Carvajal to injured list Updated: Dec-01-15 2:04 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid's already undermanned defense took another hit after scans showed Dani Carvajal has a left thigh muscle injury.
- Spanish police find 8 skulls, bones off northeastern beach Updated: Dec-01-15 5:20 am
MADRID - Spanish police say they have found eight apparently human skulls, and other bones, in shallow waters just off a popular northeastern beach.
- Spain: Police arrest Moroccan for Islamic State group ties Updated: Dec-01-15 4:04 am
MADRID - Spain's Interior Ministry says police have arrested a Moroccan who was preparing to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State group.
- Neymar on Ballon D'Or shortlist alongside Messi, Ronaldo Updated: Nov-30-15 2:23 pm
ZURICH - Neymar made the three-man Ballon D'Or shortlist for the first time on Monday alongside Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi and title holder Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Valencia says coach Nuno is leaving by mutual agreement Updated: Nov-30-15 1:29 pm
MADRID - Valencia says coach Nuno Espirito Santo is leaving the club by mutual agreement.
- Tiago has pin inserted in broken right leg, out 4 months Updated: Nov-30-15 11:50 am
MADRID - Atletico Madrid midfielder Tiago Mendes has left the hospital in a wheelchair after having a pin inserted into his broken right tibia and will be sidelined for around four months.
- King tells Sephardic Jews Spain has missed them Updated: Nov-30-15 10:47 am
MADRID - Spanish King Felipe VI has presided over a ceremony welcoming a new citizenship law for descendants of Sephardic Jews expelled five centuries ago, saying Spain had missed them.
- Leftists block Catalan leader's bid to head regional govt Updated: Nov-30-15 7:50 am
MADRID - Efforts by the acting president of Spain's powerful northeastern Catalonia region to form a pro-independence regional government have been dealt another blow as the radical pro-secession CUP party reaffirmed its opposition to his candidacy.
- Bale, Ronaldo ease pressure on Benitez in Madrid win Updated: Nov-29-15 6:19 pm
Real Madrid coach Rafa Benitez got some breathing space Sunday when Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo scored at Eibar to end a two-game losing streak in the Spanish league.
- Worldwide climate rallies draw hundreds of thousands Updated: Nov-29-15 3:57 pm
PARIS - Hundreds of thousands of people have taken part in rallies around the world on Sunday, calling on leaders to halt climate change on the eve of a major conference in Paris.
- Poll: 3 parties evenly-matched ahead of Spanish election Updated: Nov-29-15 12:30 pm
MADRID - A poll shows three parties are evenly matched three weeks ahead of the general election that will determine who governs Spain for the next four years.
- Spanish police arrest 3 for links to Islamic militants Updated: Nov-28-15 12:49 pm
MADRID - Spanish police say they have arrested two men and a woman in northeastern Catalonia on suspicion of being involved in a network that recruited militants for the Islamic State group.
- Roma apologizes to fans for 'embarrassing' loss to Barcelona Updated: Nov-27-15 1:15 pm
ROME - Roma general manager Mauro Baldissoni has apologized to the club's fans for an "embarrassing" 6-1 loss to Barcelona in the Champions League.
- Spain to pay FIFA reduced fine in Barcelona transfer case Updated: Nov-27-15 12:53 pm
ZURICH - FIFA says sport's highest court has cut the fine Spain's soccer federation must pay for breaking transfer rules when Barcelona signed youth players from abroad.
- Topeka promoters seek new audience Updated: Nov-27-15 12:15 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The brief encounter happened some 20 years ago, but it remains fresh in Larry Farmer's mind today.
- Spanish city takes steps to probe Franco crimes Updated: Nov-27-15 11:58 am
MADRID - Local politicians in Pamplona on Friday called for an investigation into crimes allegedly committed against residents by the dictatorship of the late Gen. Francisco Franco, turning the northern city into Spain's first known to seek such a probe.
- Real Madrid defender Varane out 3 weeks with thigh injury Updated: Nov-27-15 11:49 am
MADRID - Real Madrid says central defender Raphael Varane has been diagnosed with a right thigh injury that will likely sideline him for three weeks, leaving coach Rafa Benitez with a depleted back line.
- Madrid in mayhem heads north to face tiny but tough Eibar Updated: Nov-26-15 6:34 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafa Benitez probably never imagined that Sunday's match at Eibar would be a critical test for his coaching credentials at Real Madrid.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City Updated: Nov-25-15 6:36 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrated his return to his first senior club with a goal as Paris Saint-Germain advanced to the knockout phase of the Champions League on Wednesday while Juventus claimed top spot to qualify from Group D with a 1-0 win over Manchester City.
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League Updated: Nov-25-15 6:15 pm
MADRID - Antoine Griezmann scored a goal in each half as Atletico Madrid comfortably defeated Galatasaray 2-0 on Wednesday to advance to the knockout stage of the Champions League for the third straight season.
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3 Updated: Nov-25-15 5:21 pm
LVIV, Ukraine - Cristiano Ronaldo scored two goals and set up two more as Real Madrid weathered a late Shakhtar Donetsk revival to win 4-3 in the Champions League on Wednesday.
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving Updated: Nov-25-15 4:27 pm
MADRID - It's a good time to be a Barcelona fan. Not so much a Real Madrid one.
- Spanish renewable energy firm in bankruptcy protection steps Updated: Nov-25-15 11:01 am
MADRID - Spanish renewable energy and engineering giant Abengoa says it has begun bankruptcy protection proceedings in a bid to avoid what could be one of the country's largest insolvencies.
- Messi scores first goals after injury, Barca routs Roma 6-1 Updated: Nov-24-15 6:12 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi scored his first two goals after a two-month injury layoff and Luis Suarez netted a brace in a 6-1 rout of Roma on Tuesday as Barcelona advanced to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th consecutive season.