- Murder suspect of dismembered Spaniard arrested in Cambodia Updated: Feb-07-16 11:50 pm
PNHOM PENH, Cambodia - A Spanish man who is the prime suspect in the gruesome murder of a fellow Spaniard was arrested in Cambodia, where he is believed to have fled after the victim's dismembered body was recovered piece by piece from Bangkok's Chao Phraya River, police said Monday.
- Barcelona ties all-time club record of 28 games without loss Updated: Feb-07-16 5:09 pm
MADRID - Barcelona did just enough to defeat last-place Levante 2-0 on Sunday and tie its all-time record of 28 consecutive games without a loss.
- Neville says he's being unfairly judged as Valencia coach Updated: Feb-07-16 3:31 pm
MADRID - Gary Neville says he has been unfairly judged as Valencia coach despite admitting that the team's winless streak in the Spanish league is "unacceptable."
- Spanish village of Lantz celebrates clash between good, evil Updated: Feb-07-16 12:15 pm
LANTZ, Spain - The inhabitants of a northern Spanish mountain village have taken part in an age-old Carnival festival that re-enacts a legendary confrontation between good and evil.
- Spanish police arrest 7 on suspicion of jihadi links to IS Updated: Feb-07-16 11:06 am
MADRID - Spanish police arrested seven suspected members of a jihadi cell linked to the Islamic State group and Jabhat al-Nusra militants during raids Sunday in the eastern provinces of Valencia and Alicante, and in Spain's North African enclave of Ceuta.
- Angela Davis stopped from visiting separatist in Spain jail Updated: Feb-07-16 10:55 am
MADRID - A delegation including American rights activist Angela Davis has been turned away from a Spanish prison where it tried to visit imprisoned Basque separatist politician Arnaldo Otegi.
- Willett wins Dubai Desert Classic with birdie putt on 18th Updated: Feb-07-16 10:33 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Danny Willett withstood the pressure and made a 15-foot birdie putt on the final hole to win the Dubai Desert Classic title by one shot on Sunday.
- El Salvador arrests 4 ex-soldiers in massacre of Jesuits Updated: Feb-06-16 11:26 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - Salvadoran police have arrested four former soldiers wanted in Spain for the 1989 murder of six Jesuit priests during the Central American country's brutal civil war, officials said Saturday. Five of the priests were Spanish and their killings sparked international outrage.
- Leicester beats City 3-1, Torres nets 100th Atletico goal Updated: Feb-06-16 7:36 pm
Leicester firmly underlined its Premier League title credentials with a 3-1 win at Manchester City on Saturday, while Atletico Madrid moved provisionally level on points with Barcelona at the top of the Spanish league by beating Eibar 3-1.
- 2 puppeteers held in Spain for allegedly praising terrorism Updated: Feb-06-16 2:10 pm
MADRID - A Spanish court has ordered the detention of two puppeteers for allegedly praising terrorism during a performance in Madrid.
- 2 dead, 1 badly hurt in explosion at Spanish biodiesel plant Updated: Feb-06-16 11:43 am
MADRID - An explosion at a biodiesel plant has killed two workers and left one survivor seriously injured, Spanish emergency services said Saturday.
- Correction: Catalonia Independence story Updated: Feb-06-16 7:08 am
MADRID - In a Feb. 5 story about Catalonia Independence, The Associated Press misspelled the name of the Catalan government spokeswoman. The correct spelling is Neus Munte, not Neus Monte.
- Calif. attorney joins effort to recover Nazi-looted painting Updated: Feb-05-16 7:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - California's attorney general is asking a federal appeals court to reverse a ruling allowing a priceless 19th century painting to remain in a Spanish museum rather than going to the heirs of a Jewish woman forced to hand it over to the Nazis during the Holocaust.
- Real Betis signs former Brazil striker Leandro Damiao Updated: Feb-04-16 9:44 pm
MADRID - Spanish club Real Betis has signed former Brazil striker Leandro Damiao until the end of the season.
- Spain: Jet evacuated in Madrid after hoax threat Updated: Feb-04-16 3:55 pm
MADRID - Passengers on a jet set to leave Madrid for Saudi Arabia were evacuated Thursday after the pilot reported an unspecified threat that authorities later determined was a hoax.
- Filipe Luis' suspension for foul on Messi reduced to 1 game Updated: Feb-04-16 3:37 pm
MADRID - Atletico Madrid says Filipe Luis' suspension for a dangerous foul on Lionel Messi has been reduced from three games to one.
- Spanish king's UK trip delayed amid talks to form gov't Updated: Feb-04-16 10:43 am
MADRID - Spain's King Felipe VI is putting off a March state visit to Britain because of difficult negotiations among his country's political parties to form a new government following inconclusive December election results.
- Brazilian company tells Neymar to come clean over transfer Updated: Feb-04-16 10:09 am
MADRID - The Brazilian company that says it hasn't been properly compensated for Neymar's transfer to Barcelona wants him to come clean and put an end to his judicial problems in Spain and Brazil.
- Kevin Magnussen replaces Pastor Maldonado in Renault F1 team Updated: Feb-03-16 1:00 pm
GUYANCOURT, France - Former McLaren driver Kevin Magnussen is Renault's new driver this year in the French carmaker's return to Formula One as a racing team.
- Next big thing from Brazil: Santos striker 'Gabigol' Updated: Feb-03-16 12:15 pm
SAO PAULO - Although Santos striker Gabriel Barbosa doesn't like the comparison, Brazilians see him as the next Neymar.
- Spain: 4 acquitted of attempted missile attacks on PM Updated: Feb-03-16 10:51 am
MADRID - Spain's National Court has acquitted four men of trying to use missiles to assassinate then-Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar on three occasions in 2001.
- Huge cargo ship that went adrift for days towed to Spain Updated: Feb-03-16 5:13 am
MADRID - A large cargo ship that went adrift last week in the Bay of Biscay is nearing the northern Spanish port of Bilbao following a towing operation that has lasted days.
- Jackson Martinez to join Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande Updated: Feb-03-16 1:04 am
BEIJING - Guangzhou Evergrande of the Chinese Super League said Wednesday it has signed Atletico Madrid striker Jackson Martinez for a new record sum in the Asian transfer market.
- Yahoo to cut 1,700 workers as CEO tries to save her own job Updated: Feb-02-16 10:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo is laying off about 1,700 employees and shedding some of its excess baggage in a shake-up likely to determine whether CEO Marissa Mayer can save her own job.
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10 Updated: Feb-02-16 2:05 pm
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's Associated Press Global Football 10