- Pro-squatter protesters clash 2nd time with Barcelona police Updated: May-24-16 8:43 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Protesters supporting squatters in Barcelona clashed with police again Tuesday, less than 24 hours after demonstrators set trash containers and vehicles ablaze in confrontations that left at least 15 people injured.
- Wax figure of Neymar unveiled by Madame Tussauds Updated: May-24-16 4:42 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Neymar couldn't help but laugh in amusement after taking a long look at the newly unveiled wax figure of himself.
- Cristiano Ronaldo OK after injury scare in Madrid practice Updated: May-24-16 12:31 pm
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo left Real Madrid's training session early after an injury scare on Tuesday, but doctors said the forward is not at risk of missing the Champions League final.
- Zidane says Atletico is good at more than just defending Updated: May-24-16 11:35 am
MADRID - There's more to Atletico Madrid than just a good defense.
- Cats or Cops? Spain police seek fine for lettering on bag Updated: May-24-16 11:11 am
MADRID - A woman in Spain may be fined under the country's public security law for carrying a bag bearing the initials A.C.A.B., which police interpreted to stand for "All Cops Are Bastards" and not "All Cats Are Beautiful," as was written on the bag.
- Model admits taking vehicle of British millionaire shot dead Updated: May-24-16 10:40 am
MADRID - A Slovakian model on trial in the fatal shooting of her millionaire British ex-boyfriend testified Tuesday she fled the scene in his vehicle because she was scared after he threatened her and was shot in a struggle over a handgun.
- Cup title gives Barcelona its 27th trophy in last decade Updated: May-23-16 6:35 pm
MADRID - Only by Barcelona's incredibly high standards can winning back-to-back doubles seem like a disappointment.
- Man United fires Van Gaal, expected to appoint Mourinho soon Updated: May-23-16 5:59 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Replacing Alex Ferguson is proving harder than Manchester United could ever have imagined.
- 2015 was a corporate buyout bonanza; here comes the sequel Updated: May-23-16 4:41 pm
After 2015's blistering global buyout pace, this year is shaping up to be quite the sequel with Bayer's $62 billion attempt to buy Monsanto and create a global seed giant.
- Suarez expected to make Copa America trip despite injury Updated: May-23-16 3:16 pm
MADRID - Luis Suarez is expected to travel to the United States to join Uruguay's national team for the Copa America, though he is likely to miss the start of the tournament because of a hamstring injury.
- 2 Spanish factory workers die after inhaling toxic fumes Updated: May-23-16 8:12 am
MADRID - An official says two workers in southern Spain have died after inhaling toxic fumes after falling into a tank at an animal feed factory.
- From champs to flops, assessing the European soccer season Updated: May-23-16 7:00 am
- Luis Suarez in tears after injury, could miss Copa Updated: May-22-16 10:24 pm
MADRID - Luis Suarez' participation in the Copa America Centenario is in doubt after the Uruguay striker left Spain's Copa del Rey final with an apparent muscle injury and in tears on Sunday.
- Barcelona beats Sevilla in extra time to win Copa del Rey Updated: May-22-16 8:05 pm
MADRID - Barcelona finished its season on a high by capturing the Copa del Rey title to add to its Spanish league trophy won just a week ago.
- Spanish priest pleads for divine intervention to repair road Updated: May-22-16 3:22 pm
MADRID - A Spanish priest says he has given up hope that local authorities in his parish of Xestoso in the northwest of the country will fix the potholes in the roads so he has asked for divine intervention.
- Poll suggests new election won't break Spain's deadlock Updated: May-22-16 12:56 pm
MADRID - Spain's conservative Popular Party could boost its share of the vote in fresh elections next month but not by a sufficient margin to break the stalemate that has prevented formation of a new government since December, according to a new poll.
- Injured Varane expected to miss Champions League final Updated: May-22-16 8:17 am
MADRID - Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane is expected to miss the Champions League final because of a muscle injury.
- Juventus beats AC Milan 1-0 in extra time to win Italian Cup Updated: May-21-16 6:33 pm
ROME - Showing off his ability to shine in the most important matches, substitute Alvaro Morata scored in extra time as Juventus beat AC Milan 1-0 to win the Italian Cup on Saturday.
- No clothes? No beach. Court rules against Spanish naturists Updated: May-21-16 2:02 pm
MADRID - Nudists have lost a seven-year legal battle for access to a popular tourist resort beach on Spain's southwestern tip.
- 3 members of Spain's Olympic sailing team assaulted in Rio Updated: May-21-16 1:21 pm
MADRID - The Spanish sailing federation says two of its sailors and a coach have been assaulted at gunpoint in Rio de Janeiro while training for the Olympics.
- Barcelona, Sevilla aim for successful end in Copa del Rey Updated: May-21-16 10:25 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Important titles secured, Barcelona and Sevilla aim to sweeten already successful seasons in the Copa del Rey final on Sunday.
- Spanish court allows separatist flags at Copa del Rey final Updated: May-20-16 1:23 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Catalan separatists can display pro-independence flags at the Copa del Rey final on Sunday, when Barcelona will face Sevilla for the title, a Spanish court ruled on Friday.
- Villa owner wants team promoted, and to help soccer in China Updated: May-20-16 12:16 pm
BEIJING - The little-known businessman who bought Aston Villa is hoping to improve both the English club and Chinese soccer in general.
- Sevilla's model for success makes 2nd-tier top priority Updated: May-20-16 10:03 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Liverpool learned the hard way that fewer teams are better than Sevilla when it comes to winning finals.
- Plane crashes after hitting vulture in Spain, 3 killed Updated: May-20-16 9:49 am
MADRID - Spanish authorities say three French people were killed when the light aircraft they were flying crashed in a small northern town after reportedly colliding with a vulture.