- Tunisian democracy group wins Nobel Peace Prize Updated: Oct-09-15 9:57 am
OSLO, Norway - A coalition of Tunisian workers, business owners, rights activists and lawyers won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for intervening at a crucial time to push the North African country that sparked the Arab Spring revolutions toward democracy and away from civil war.
- The Latest: Nobel chair hopes prize may be example to Libya Updated: Oct-09-15 8:51 am
OSLO, Norway - The latest developments in the awarding of the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize. All times local.
- Winners of Nobel Peace Prize since 1980 Updated: Oct-09-15 5:11 am
OSLO, Norway - The 2015 Nobel Peace Prize was announced Friday. Here is a list of winners of the award since 1980:
- Norwegian ambassador not welcomed at Czech presidential seat Updated: Oct-08-15 5:32 am
PRAGUE - Czech President Milos Zeman has canceled his invitation for the Norwegian ambassador to attend the celebration of a major holiday at the presidential seat.
- Injured Insigne out of Italy squad; Bonaventura called up Updated: Oct-07-15 11:00 am
FLORENCE, Italy - Napoli forward Lorenzo Insigne pulled out of the Italy squad with a knee injury on Wednesday, depriving coach Antonio Conte of a player who has been in sparkling form recently.
- USA Luge team ready to hit ice for first time Updated: Oct-06-15 3:57 pm
LAKE PLACID, New York - The winter sports sliding venue that's home ice for the U.S. luge, bobsled, and skeleton teams opens Thursday morning, and several USA Luge athletes will take their first official runs of the season.
- Dutch on verge of missing out on Euro 2016 Updated: Oct-06-15 10:09 am
PARIS - Qualifying for the largest-ever European Championship was supposed to be easy.
- Norway's Telenor to sell stake in Russia's VimpelCom Updated: Oct-05-15 10:26 am
HELSINKI - Norwegian telecoms company Telenor says it plans to sell its entire 33 percent stake in VimpelCom Ltd, valued at some 20 billion kroner ($2.4 billion).
- Berardi gets debut Italy call, Giovinco also included Updated: Oct-03-15 3:51 pm
MILAN - Antonio Conte has included Sebastian Giovinco and Fabio Quagliarella in the Italy squad for the upcoming European Champions qualifiers against Azerbaijan and Norway as well as the uncapped Domenico Berardi.
- Controversial Nobel Prize winners Updated: Oct-03-15 11:39 am
STOCKHOLM - It's just a prize, right? Maybe so, but the Nobel Prizes have a way of sparking ferocious debate about whether the winners were worthy or whether the judges' decisions were politically biased.
- Nobel official's behind-scenes book overshadows peace prize Updated: Oct-02-15 9:24 am
STAVANGER, Norway - A book detailing the secret tussles behind some of the most controversial Nobel Peace Prizes in the last quarter century is having its own disruptive effect on the 2015 award.
- China sends Europe coveted new exports: Jobs, investment Updated: Oct-01-15 4:14 am
LISBON, Portugal - When two Chinese companies appeared among the bidders to buy a troubled Portuguese bank this year, its staff took heart.
- Q&A: Abbas warning to Israel blunted by lack of specifics Updated: Sep-30-15 4:07 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - President Mahmoud Abbas seemingly made good on his threat to drop a "bombshell" in Wednesday's speech to the U.N. General Assembly when he declared that the Palestinians cannot continue to be bound by 20-year-old security and economic agreements with Israel.
- The Latest: Nordic nations ponder action against VW Updated: Sep-30-15 10:59 am
BERLIN - The latest developments in the Volkswagen emissions scandal. All times local.
- 38th annual Norsk Hostfest getting underway in Minot Updated: Sep-28-15 10:33 am
MINOT, North Dakota - The 38th annual Norsk Hostfest opens its doors this week with Norwegian dignitaries, Scandinavian chefs and Viking re-enactors, but also a Celtic band that could be the hit of the festival.
- Norwegian ship recently detained in Kenya has been set free Updated: Sep-27-15 3:15 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - The Norwegian owner of a ship intercepted in Kenya says the vessel has been set free and allowed to continue its voyage to South Africa, West Africa and Mexico.
- Weak growth outlook pushes oil-rich Norway to cut rates Updated: Sep-24-15 5:14 am
HELSINKI - Concerned by weaker economic growth, the central bank of oil-rich Norway has cut its key interest rate to its lowest level ever, 0.75 percent, and hinted that it could reduce it further.
- Gunmen abduct 3 foreigners, Filipino from Philippine resort Updated: Sep-22-15 2:08 am
MANILA, Philippines - Unidentified gunmen have abducted a Norwegian resort manager, two Canadians and a Filipino woman from a southern Philippine island, the military and police said Tuesday.
- Nobel Peace Prize committee says former secretary broke vow Updated: Sep-21-15 2:33 pm
HELSINKI - The secretive Nobel Peace Prize committee has accused its former secretary of a breach of trust by revealing details about its proceedings in a book published last week.
- Nobel official: Obama peace prize didn't have desired effect Updated: Sep-16-15 4:27 pm
STAVANGER, Norway - In a break with Nobel tradition, the former secretary of the Nobel Peace Prize committee says the 2009 award to President Barack Obama failed to live up to the panel's expectations.
- Norwegian ruling parties suffer losses in local vote Updated: Sep-15-15 10:17 am
STAVANGER, Norway - The two parties in Norway's right-leaning coalition government have suffered large losses in local elections, partly because of the anti-immigration Progress Party's opposition to Syrian refugees.
- SAS scraps Norway-Texas 'oil route' flights as business dips Updated: Sep-15-15 6:03 am
STAVANGER, Norway - Scandinavian Airlines says it will stop flying between the Norwegian city of Stavanger and Houston, Texas, because of "a severe decrease" in demand following a downturn in the oil industry.
- Norwegian believed held by IS militants had Mideast interest Updated: Sep-10-15 1:48 pm
STAVANGER, Norway - A Norwegian man held hostage by Islamic State militants was a graduate student in political philosophy whose Facebook feed shows a long-held interest in Middle East conflicts and Norse mythology.
- IS claims to hold Norwegian, Chinese captives Updated: Sep-09-15 8:56 pm
CAIRO - The Islamic State group on Wednesday claimed to be holding a Norwegian man and a Chinese consultant hostage and demanded ransom for their release.
- Minot delegation says connections made on Norway trade trip Updated: Sep-09-15 8:44 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Members of a Minot trade delegation who visited Norway in August say they made significant business connections with major agricultural and energy firms.