HELSINKI - A Norwegian consumers' group took inspiration from "slow television" to produce a marathon webcast of a team of readers going through the fine print of terms and conditions of downloadable apps.
- Norwegian Air to expand service from Las Vegas Updated: May-23-16 10:44 am
LAS VEGAS - Norwegian Air Shuttle says it plans to expand is Las Vegas operations by adding flights to London later this year.
- Norway doubles humanitarian aid to Afghanistan Updated: May-21-16 10:57 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Norway's foreign minister says his government has doubled humanitarian aid to Afghanistan to help the war-stricken nation meet urgent needs.
- Norway offers new offshore drilling licenses in Barents Sea Updated: May-18-16 9:05 am
TROMSOE, Norway - Norway awarded on Wednesday 10 new licenses for offshore oil and gas exploration in the Barents Sea, including three in previously untouched waters near the Russian border.
- FIFA hires Norwegian as Infantino's strategic director Updated: May-18-16 6:42 am
ZURICH - FIFA has hired Norwegian soccer federation official Kjetil Siem as President Gianni Infantino's director of strategic matters.
- International players criticize labor conditions in Qatar Updated: May-17-16 5:56 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - International players from Denmark and Norway have criticized conditions in Qatar for migrant workers building projects linked to the 2022 World Cup.
- Norway midfielder Nordveit to join West Ham Updated: May-16-16 11:12 am
LONDON - Norway midfielder Havard Nordveit will join West Ham on a free transfer on July 1 after his contract with German side Borussia Moenchengladbach ends.
- Norway's oil fund to sue Volkswagen over emissions scandal Updated: May-16-16 5:47 am
STOCKHOLM - Norway's $850 billion national oil fund plans to sue Volkswagen over the company's emissions-cheating scandal.
- Manchester-bound Ryanair plane evacuated in Norway Updated: May-15-16 7:16 pm
STOCKHOLM - A Ryanair plane headed for Manchester, Britain, was evacuated before takeoff Sunday due to a bomb scare at Rygge airport outside Oslo, police said.
- 70-year-old Norwegian attempts to row across Atlantic Ocean Updated: May-15-16 1:04 pm
NEW YORK - A 70-year-old Norwegian man has embarked on the biggest adventure of his life - an attempt to row across the Atlantic Ocean.
- Obamas welcome leaders, celebrities to Nordic State Dinner Updated: May-13-16 11:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Famous people and people just famous-for-Washington scored coveted invitations to Friday night's White House state dinner honoring the leaders of Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Denmark and Norway.
- The Latest: Michelle Obama wears Naeem Khan to state dinner Updated: May-13-16 7:40 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the White House state dinner for Nordic leaders:
- Obama to world: Be more like the Nordics Updated: May-13-16 1:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Democrats may argue over whether places like Denmark and Norway are model societies. President Barack Obama is sure.
- UN elects Norway's Solheim to head UN environment agency Updated: May-13-16 1:17 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. General Assembly elected Norway's former environment minister Erik Solheim on Friday to head the U.N. environment agency.
- Report: 27.8 million people internally displaced last year Updated: May-11-16 4:50 am
AMMAN, Jordan - A major aid agency said Wednesday that 27.8 million people around the world were internally displaced by conflicts and natural disasters last year, calling it a global crisis.
- Alaska's governor reports receiving interesting gifts Updated: May-09-16 8:23 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - When you're governor, you get swag - gifts that are protocol from other government officials or pleasantries from people you meet as part of your travels or duties.
- Maine company to oversee completion of US embassy in Norway Updated: May-05-16 2:43 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine company has been hired to oversee the final stages of construction for a U.S. embassy near Oslo, Norway.
- Airbus advises rotor checks of Norway helicopter crash model Updated: May-04-16 9:20 am
HELSINKI - Airbus Helicopters, the manufacturer of the EC-225LP helicopter that crashed in western Norway last week, killing all 13 people on board, has sent an advisory to all customers using the same Airbus model to inspect the suspension bars and fittings of the main rotor, which came loose from the aircraft just before it crashed on a tiny island, the company.
- UN chief names choices for top UN environments posts Updated: May-03-16 7:58 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The newly-appointed head of the U.N. environment agency said Tuesday he wants to change the organization to relate more to the average person and plans to further engage the private sector to achieve global environmental goals.
- Fatal helicopter crash in Norway caused by technical failure Updated: May-03-16 3:52 pm
HELSINKI - A helicopter accident in western Norway last week that killed all 13 people on board was caused by technical failure and not human error, investigators said Tuesday.
- Filipino militants threaten 3 hostages after beheading 1 Updated: May-03-16 3:45 pm
MANILA, Philippines - Muslim militants have threatened to kill three more hostages in their jungle base in the southern Philippines more than a week after beheading a Canadian man when their multi-million dollar ransom demands were not met.
- Family, friends making photo book honoring avalanche victim Updated: Apr-30-16 2:05 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - Jonell Anderson sweetly sorted through the dozens of photographs that covered the dining room table in her Bozeman home.
- The Latest: Black boxes found in Norwegian helicopter crash Updated: Apr-29-16 1:57 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The Latest on the crash of a helicopter on an island off western Norway (all times local):