- Norwegian Air to offer flights from BWI to French Caribbean Updated: Jun-26-15 8:49 am
BALTIMORE - Norwegian Air Shuttle has announced two new international flights to French Caribbean destinations from Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.
- Norway finds no spy equipment in central Oslo Updated: Jun-24-15 5:31 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Norway's domestic intelligence agency says there are no illegal listening devices in central Oslo, near government buildings, Parliament or elsewhere, as claimed last year by a local newspaper.
- Norway x-country star Bjorgen pregnant, skipping season Updated: Jun-23-15 9:00 am
OSLO, Norway - Norwegian cross-country queen Marit Bjorgen is expecting her first child in December and will not ski next season.
- Norwegian orchestra to perform at Heritage Center in ND Updated: Jun-21-15 10:59 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - An orchestra from Norway will perform a free concert this month in North Dakota.
- Statoil to cut up to 2,000 staff, consultants Updated: Jun-16-15 8:42 am
STOCKHOLM - Norwegian oil and gas company Statoil says it will lay off up to 1,500 staff and 500 consultants by the end of 2016 to slash costs.
- Hegerberg's 2 goals lift Norway past Ivory Coast 3-1 Updated: Jun-15-15 6:13 pm
MONCTON, New Brunswick - Ada Hegerberg scored twice to secure Norway's berth in the knockout stage of the Women's World Cup with a 3-1 win over Ivory Coast on Monday.
- Croatia draws 1-1 against Italy in Euro 2016 qualifier Updated: Jun-12-15 6:02 pm
Croatia maintained its two-point lead over Italy atop Group H after drawing 1-1 against the Azzurri in a European Championship qualifying match in Split on Friday.
- Norway ties top-ranked Germany 1-1 Updated: Jun-11-15 6:17 pm
Maren Mjelde scored on a free kick in the second half, giving 1995 champion Norway a 1-1 tie against top-ranked Germany at Ottawa, Ontario, on Thursday in the Women's World Cup.
- Dibaba 10 seconds short of 5000 record at Bislett Games Updated: Jun-11-15 4:20 pm
OSLO, Norway - Genzebe Dibaba's bid to take her elder sister's 5,000-meter world record at the Bislett Games ended in disappointment when she finished more than 10 seconds off the mark on Thursday.
- Dibaba targeting sister's 5000 world record at Bislett Games Updated: Jun-10-15 1:35 pm
OSLO, Norway - Ethiopia's Genzebe Dibaba will be the focus of attention at the Bislett Games on Thursday as she attempts to take the 5,000 meters world record from her older sister Tirunesh.
- 1968 Olympic speedskating champ Maier from Norway dies Updated: Jun-10-15 4:15 am
OSLO, Norway - The Norwegian Skating Association says Fred Anton Maier, who was an Olympic, world, and European speedskating champion in the 1960s, has died. He was 76.
- Swedes arrest Norwegian man headed to join jihadi fighters Updated: Jun-09-15 6:47 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Scandinavian intelligence services say an 18-year-old Norwegian citizen has been arrested at a Swedish airport, suspected of heading to Syria to join jihadi militants.
- 'Kickalicious' releases 2nd trick-shot video; seeks NFL gig Updated: Jun-05-15 2:30 pm
"Kickalicious" is back, with another trick-shot video and an unwavering pursuit of a job with an NFL team.
- Afghan Taliban, female lawmakers held informal talks in Oslo Updated: Jun-05-15 1:53 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - Taliban representatives have held unprecedented meetings with a large delegation of Afghan women in Norway's capital this week, an apparently incremental step in efforts to end a bitter 14-year war that has killed thousands, officials said Friday.
- Norway confirms major divestment from coal Updated: Jun-05-15 9:03 am
STOCKHOLM - Norway's Parliament has formally endorsed a move to exclude coal companies from the country's $900 billion oil fund because of their impact on climate change.