- Russia considers ban on import of Dutch flowers Updated: Jul-27-15 2:58 pm
MOSCOW - Russia says it is considering banning imports of cut flowers from The Netherlands, a move that would aggravate tensions between the two countries already at odds over the downing of flight MH17.
- The Latest: Tour chief: Flat stage key in battle of climbers Updated: Jul-26-15 4:45 pm
PARIS - The Latest from the Tour de France (all times local):
- Michaela DePrince's journey from war to ballet stardom Updated: Jul-26-15 9:48 am
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - The extraordinary arc of Michaela DePrince's life has taken her from African war orphan to international ballerina and cultural heroine. And on a recent weekday morning, in a small dance studio in a Miami Gardens strip mall, she is teaching determination and hope to 10 aspiring young dancers, along with how to hold their arms and point their feet.
- Dick Nanninga, scorer in 1978 World Cup final, has died Updated: Jul-22-15 1:56 pm
AMSTERDAM - Dick Nanninga, a former Netherlands striker who scored in the 1978 World Cup final, has died, Dutch club Roda JC said. He was 66.
- US going to Uzbekistan in Davis Cup playoffs, Swiss vs Dutch Updated: Jul-21-15 7:05 am
LONDON - The United States will travel to Uzbekistan for the first time among some tough away trips in the Davis Cup World Group playoffs in September.
- Dutch economist wins US appeals court ruling Updated: Jul-17-15 6:29 pm
NEW YORK - A Dutch academic seeking to sue a Citigroup economist for defamation after being charged with stalking him has gotten a U.S. appeals court's permission to gather evidence for a planned case in the Netherlands.
- Dutch, Ukrainians, Australians mark year since MH17 downing Updated: Jul-17-15 11:43 am
NIEUWEGEIN, Netherlands - Her voice cracking with emotion, Asmaa Aljuned delivered a parting message Friday that her late husband never got to tell passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 a year ago.
- The Latest: European Union to give Greece short-term loan Updated: Jul-16-15 10:17 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest on Greece's financial crisis (all times local):
- FIFA urged to let public figures lead change after scandals Updated: Jul-15-15 7:18 pm
GENEVA - FIFA should let "eminent public figures" lead truly independent reform of the scandal-hit governing body, according to Transparency International.
- New scanner set to increase reconstruction supplies to Gaza Updated: Jul-15-15 11:43 am
KEREM SHALOM CROSSING, Israel - The Dutch foreign minister has inaugurated a security scanner that he says will increase the truckloads of supplies that enter Gaza from Israel and speed up efforts to rebuild the territory.
- A year later, MH17 relatives grieve, wait for answers Updated: Jul-15-15 2:29 am
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - On their son Bryce's birthday this year, Silene Fredriksz-Hoogzand and her husband Rob went to a Dutch air base, watched pall bearers solemnly unload seven coffins from a military cargo plane and wondered if they contained parts of the remains of Bryce or his girlfriend Daisy Oehlers.
- Euro currency emerges intact - for now - from Greek crisis Updated: Jul-13-15 12:50 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Europe's monetary union appears saved. For now.
- Netherlands midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum joins Newcastle Updated: Jul-11-15 8:11 am
NEWCASTLE, England - Netherlands midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum has joined Newcastle from PSV Eindhoven for a reported fee of 20 million euros ($22 million), making him the Premier League club's third most-expensive signing.
- FC Utrecht fined for anti-Semitic chants at Ajax match Updated: Jul-10-15 10:56 am
AMSTERDAM - Dutch top-flight club FC Utrecht has been fined for anti-Semitic chants by its supporters at a match against Ajax last season.
- Van Basten back in Netherlands setup as Blind's assistant Updated: Jul-09-15 8:03 am
AMSTERDAM - Former Netherlands coach Marco van Basten is returning to the national team's staff, as assistant to recently appointed coach Danny Blind.
- Dutch peacekeepers still suffer stigma after Srebrenica Updated: Jul-07-15 2:29 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Rob Zomer has heard the comments many times over: You're cowards, killers. How could you stand there and do nothing?
- Astana creates new controversy at Tour de France Updated: Jul-04-15 12:36 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - On the very first day of the Tour de France, Vincenzo Nibali's Astana team found itself at the heart of another controversy after allowing one of its riders to start the race despite questions raised over his testing results.
- The Hague hit by riots after death of man in police custody Updated: Jul-03-15 11:59 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch police conducted mass arrests overnight, detaining about 200 people for ignoring a ban on public assembly in a neighborhood hit by late-night rioting after the death of a man in police custody.
- Dutch back UN tribunal for Malaysia Airlines crash Updated: Jul-03-15 9:52 am
AMSTERDAM - Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte says he supports moves to set up an international tribunal to prosecute those responsible for shooting down a Malaysian Airlines plane over Ukraine last year.
- Tour de France? More like Tour de-void of Americans Updated: Jul-03-15 3:02 am
As the Tour de France drew near, Jonathan Vaughters was still poring over power outputs and training results, trying to determine the nine riders that he would send to represent Cannondale-Garmin at the start line in the Dutch city of Utrecht.
- Contador has yellow on his mind as he eyes 3rd Tour title Updated: Jul-02-15 11:56 am
UTRECHT, Netherlands - Tour de France contender Alberto Contador's serious-looking face cracked into a beaming smile during a lighthearted moment at his pre-race news conference on Thursday, when he was joined by an unexpected guest.
- Dutch turn to Danny Blind as replacement for Hiddink Updated: Jul-01-15 12:14 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Danny Blind was hired as the new coach of the Netherlands on Wednesday, with his first task to guide the national team to next year's European Championship finals after its stuttering start to qualifying under predecessor Guus Hiddink.
- Dutch Safety Board has draft report into MH17 crash Updated: Jul-01-15 10:47 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The team investigating last year's crash of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 in eastern Ukraine has prepared a draft final report and given it to countries involved in the probe for their comments.
- Ore. man accused of planting fake bomb on Dutch airliner Updated: Jun-30-15 11:10 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Federal prosecutors say a 22-year-old Warrenton, Oregon, man accused of planting a fake bomb on a Dutch airliner in 2014 has been arrested.
- Ex-oil tycoon suspected of ordering Russian mayor's killing Updated: Jun-30-15 12:04 pm
MOSCOW - Russian investigators announced Tuesday they are reopening the case of the 1998 killing of a Siberian mayor and consider former oil tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky a prime suspect.