- Cool & composed: Verstappen in the spotlight at Monaco GP Updated: May-25-16 1:07 pm
MONACO - As coolly composed as he is hugely talented, the unflappable Max Verstappen seems to be handling the pressure well heading into this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix - where the 18-year-old will be firmly in the spotlight.
- Dutch king: European bouquet incomplete without English rose Updated: May-25-16 12:03 pm
BRUSSELS - Dutch King Willem-Alexander used a speech to the European Parliament on Wednesday to make a plea for unity less than a month before Britain's referendum on whether to remain in the 28-nation bloc.
- Ajax hires Peter Bosz as new coach to replace Frank de Boer Updated: May-24-16 4:59 pm
AMSTERDAM - Ajax has signed Peter Bosz as its new coach, replacing Frank de Boer who announced earlier this month he was leaving the club after nearly six years in which he won four Dutch league titles.
- Apple boss Tim Cook: Apps are future of TV Updated: May-24-16 9:19 am
AMSTERDAM - Apple CEO Tim Cook said Tuesday that apps are the future of television and that the company wants to help change the entertainment industry.
- Man United fires Van Gaal, expected to appoint Mourinho soon Updated: May-23-16 5:59 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Replacing Alex Ferguson is proving harder than Manchester United could ever have imagined.
- 2015 was a corporate buyout bonanza; here comes the sequel Updated: May-23-16 4:41 pm
After 2015's blistering global buyout pace, this year is shaping up to be quite the sequel with Bayer's $62 billion attempt to buy Monsanto and create a global seed giant.
- 3 races in 3 days: Dafne Schippers shows top form at FBK Updated: May-22-16 2:58 pm
HENGELO, Netherlands - World champion Dafne Schippers set a world-leading time in the 200 meters at the FBK Games Sunday in her third sprint race in as many days to show her early form in the Olympic season.
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest after 2 die Updated: May-22-16 11:54 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Two Indian climbers have gone missing on Mount Everest, an expedition organizer said Sunday, a day after two deaths from apparent altitude sickness were reported, underscoring the risks on the world's highest mountain.
- Fans clash with players after Dutch playoff match Updated: May-22-16 11:44 am
- Dutch want video officials at next season's domestic cup Updated: May-20-16 10:33 am
AMSTERDAM - Three decades after Diego Maradona scored the infamous "Hand of God" goal against England at the World Cup, the Dutch soccer association said Friday it is ready to be among the first to use video technology.
- Database launched to gather, study DNA from Midwestern twins Updated: May-18-16 6:24 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Researchers who study how genes and the environment influence people's health are hoping that twins who live in the Midwest will contribute DNA to a new database that might provide insight about traits and diseases specific to the region.
- FC Twente faces relegation over financial irregularities Updated: May-18-16 12:20 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch football association's licensing commission has proposed relegating FC Twente to the second-tier Jupiler League to punish the 2010 Eredivisie champion for "repeatedly and deliberately misleading" football authorities and other clubs about its finances.
- Strootman back in Dutch squad after 2 years of injury misery Updated: May-18-16 10:29 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Kevin Strootman was included in the Netherlands squad Wednesday after more than two years out because of knee injuries.
- UEFA calls September vote to replace Platini; Van Praag in Updated: May-18-16 9:07 am
BASEL, Switzerland - UEFA will elect a new president on Sept. 14, with former FIFA candidate Michael van Praag first to declare plans to replace Michel Platini in a contest likely to have several contenders.
- On track: Government says Dutch economy in good shape Updated: May-18-16 7:09 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch finance minister says the country's national debt declined last year for the first time since 2006 as the economy reaped the benefits of reforms and recovered from the global economic turmoil of recent years.
- Gold medalist Marianne Vos picked to ride in Rio Olympics Updated: May-18-16 12:20 am
UTRECHT, Netherlands - Marianne Vos will have an opportunity to defend her road race gold medal at the Rio Olympics.
- Canadian retailer Hudson's Bay to open stores in Netherlands Updated: May-17-16 11:33 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Canadian retailer Hudson's Bay Company says it plans to open up to 20 new stores in the Netherlands over the next two years, creating thousands of new jobs in a nation recently hit by the closure of a major chain of stores.
- For asylum seekers, Dutch prisons feel like home Updated: May-17-16 7:13 am
HAARLEM, Netherlands - With crime declining in the Netherlands, the country is looking at new ways to fill its prisons. The government has let Belgium and Norway put prisoners in empty cells and now, amid the huge flow of migrants into Europe, several Dutch prisons have been temporarily pressed into service as asylum-seeker centers.
- Philips to raise up to 844 million euros in lighting IPO Updated: May-16-16 9:43 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch electronics giant Royal Philips NV has set the price for the initial public offering of its lighting division, saying it will sell 25 percent of shares at a price between 18.50 and 22.50 euros ($20.96-25.50).
- Dick Advocaat named as assistant to Netherlands coach Blind Updated: May-15-16 5:29 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Veteran coach Dick Advocaat has been appointed as assistant to Danny Blind ahead of the Netherlands' tough qualification campaign for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
- Dutch Holocaust museum exhibits Jeroen Krabbe paintings Updated: May-15-16 4:38 am
AMSTERDAM - More than 70 years after tens of thousands of Dutch Jews were deported and killed by the Nazis, the Netherlands is finally getting a national Holocaust museum.
- Not-so-great escape: 2 tigers recaptured in Dutch sanctuary Updated: May-14-16 11:03 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Two tigers escaped from their enclosure at a Dutch big cat sanctuary Saturday, prompting police to warn residents to stay indoors, but the animals were shot with tranquilizers and never got beyond the sanctuary's outer fence.
- Passenger gets probation for placing fake bomb on plane Updated: May-12-16 5:48 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A U.S. passenger who placed a fake bomb in a restroom during an international flight - and then reported it to look like a hero - has avoided a prison term.
- Frank de Boer leaving Ajax after 4 titles in nearly 6 years Updated: May-12-16 3:56 am
AMSTERDAM - Frank de Boer is leaving Ajax after leading the club to four Dutch league titles in less than six years as coach.
- ABN AMRO net profit falls 13 percent in 2016's 1st quarter Updated: May-11-16 3:24 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Net profit at ABN AMRO dropped 13 percent in the first quarter of 2016 to 475 million euros ($541 million) as the Dutch bank suffered from volatile markets and negative interest rates.