- Midfielder Veloso back for Portugal against France, Albania Updated: Aug-28-15 10:51 am
LISBON, Portugal - Miguel Veloso earned his first call-up in a year as Portugal coach Fernando Santos announced his 24-man squad for an exhibition game against France and a European Championship qualifying match in Albania.
- Former European champs Ajax, Celtic grouped in Europa League Updated: Aug-28-15 8:59 am
MONACO - Former European champions Ajax and Celtic were drawn together with Fenerbahce and Molde in the Europa League groups on Friday.
- UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw Updated: Aug-27-15 1:00 pm
MONACO - Draw made Thursday for the UEFA Champions League group stage:
- Monaco seeks forgiveness for deporting Jews during WWII Updated: Aug-27-15 11:55 am
MONACO - In an unprecedented gesture of repentance, Monaco's Prince Albert II apologized Thursday for his country's role in deporting Jews to Nazi camps - seven decades after police rounded up scores of people from the seaside principality, including those who had sought refuge from the Holocaust in what they thought was a safe and neutral land.
- PSG aiming to maintain perfect start against Monaco Updated: Aug-27-15 11:02 am
Defending champion Paris Saint-Germain faces its toughest opposition of the fledgling season as it travels to the principality to face Monaco on Sunday night.
- Sexwale 'weighing all options' about FIFA presidential race Updated: Aug-27-15 10:50 am
MONACO - Touted as a potential FIFA president, Tokyo Sexwale is "weighing all options" before deciding if he will enter the governing body's election race.
- Teenage forward Martial handed debut France call-up Updated: Aug-27-15 9:45 am
PARIS - France coach Didier Deschamps included Monaco's teenage forward Anthony Martial in Thursday's 23-man squad for next month's friendly matches against Portugal and Serbia.
- Valencia eliminates Monaco in Champions League playoff Updated: Aug-25-15 4:45 pm
MONACO - Valencia lost 2-1 at Monaco but advanced from their Champions League playoff on an aggregate 4-3 score Tuesday, giving Spain five teams in the group phase of Europe's top-tier competition.
- Different pedigree, same goal for Man United, FC Astana Updated: Aug-24-15 6:44 am
MANCHESTER, England - FC Astana did not exist when Manchester United became European champion for the third time in 2008.
- Valencia beats Monaco 3-1 in Champions League playoff Updated: Aug-19-15 4:47 pm
VALENCIA, Spain - Valencia forward Sofiane Feghouli scored after setting up the opener to lead the Spanish club to a 3-1 win over Monaco on Wednesday in the first leg of their Champions League playoff.
- Rooney's form a concern as United back in Champions League Updated: Aug-17-15 9:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United will want more than just a first-leg lead from its Champions League playoff against Bruges on Tuesday.
- IAAF denies claims it blocked publication of doping study Updated: Aug-16-15 9:52 am
MONACO - The governing body of track and field has denied accusations that it suppressed the publication of a study in which a third of top athletes surveyed admitted to using banned performance-enhancing techniques.
- IAAF: 28 athletes with positive tests from '05, '07 worlds Updated: Aug-11-15 12:59 pm
LONDON - Facing a barrage of criticism over its handling of drug-test results, the IAAF announced Tuesday that 28 athletes had been caught in retests of their doping samples from the 2005 and 2007 world championships.
- Swiss club fires coach after loss in Champions League qualis Updated: Aug-06-15 11:29 am
BERN, Switzerland - Swiss club Young Boys has fired coach Uli Forte after losing to Monaco in the Champions League third qualifying round.