- Nadal, Murray advance to 3rd round at Madrid Masters Updated: May-03-16 5:26 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal easily defeated Andrey Kuznetsov 6-3, 6-3 to reach the third round of the Madrid Masters on Tuesday, while Andy Murray advanced after a hard-fought 7-6, 3-6, 6-1 win over 37-year-old Radek Stepanek.
- Murray with high expectations after breakthrough Madrid win Updated: May-02-16 10:59 am
MADRID - Andy Murray returns to the Madrid Masters with different expectations after his breakthrough win at the tournament a year ago.
- Nadal looks to keep momentum at Madrid Masters Updated: May-01-16 3:43 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal arrives at the Madrid Masters with a chance to erase any doubts about his form going into the French Open.
- Nadal wins Barcelona Open, equals clay-court record Updated: Apr-24-16 4:37 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafael Nadal beat defending champion Kei Nishikori 6-4, 7-5 to win the Barcelona Open for the ninth time on Sunday, equaling Guillermo Vilas' record of 49 career clay-court titles.
- Boxing champ Terence Crawford ticketed in body shop dispute Updated: Apr-22-16 2:23 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police ticketed WBO junior welterweight champion Terence "Bud" Crawford on Friday on four misdemeanor charges following a disturbance at a body shop last week.
- Murray to remain outspoken against doping Updated: Apr-22-16 8:48 am
LONDON - Andy Murray plans to remain outspoken against doping, despite facing a backlash for some of his recent comments on performance-enhancing drugs in tennis.
- IAAF expected to rule on Russian athletes' fate in June Updated: Apr-21-16 12:35 pm
MONACO - The IAAF council is expected to rule on the fate of Russian track and field at its next meeting in June.
- Bulgarian triple jumper Petrova has doping suspension lifted Updated: Apr-19-16 2:40 pm
MONACO - Bulgarian triple jumper Gabriela Petrova had her provisional doping suspension lifted Tuesday after a change in the guidelines regarding the banned substance meldonium.
- Rafael Nadal glad he won 9th Monte Carlo title the hard way Updated: Apr-17-16 4:56 pm
MONACO - Rafael Nadal is glad he won a ninth Monte Carlo Masters title the hard way, after defeating Frenchman Gael Monfils 7-5, 5-7, 6-0 in an error-strewn final Sunday.
- IAAF to allow women to compete in 50K walk for 1st time Updated: Apr-11-16 12:15 pm
MONACO - The last male-only event in track and field is opening up to women.
- Federer confident his knee will hold up on return to action Updated: Apr-11-16 9:11 am
MONACO - Roger Federer fully expects his left knee to hold up when he returns to action at the Monte Carlo Masters on Tuesday, and the 17-time Grand Slam champion feels "mentally and physically" rested after more than two months out.
- Jack Sock, Juan Monaco reach US Men's Clay Court final Updated: Apr-10-16 12:06 am
HOUSTON - Fourth-seeded defending champion Jack Sock beat top-seeded John Isner 7-6 (4), 6-3 on Saturday in an all-American semifinal in the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championship.
- PSG coach Blanc has thinking to do after disappointing draw Updated: Apr-07-16 7:32 am
PARIS - Paris Saint-Germain coach Laurent Blanc has a lot of thinking to do before the Champions League quarterfinal return leg away to Manchester City next week.
- T-Mobile Arena debuts with The Killers, Wayne Newton Updated: Apr-06-16 12:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - The T-Mobile Arena is debuting tonight with a concert by the hometown band The Killers and Mr. Las Vegas Wayne Newton.