- Frustrated Vettel looking over his shoulder at Red Bull Updated: May-27-16 1:10 pm
MONACO - Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel started the Formula One season with high hopes of challenging dominant Mercedes. Instead, the four-time F1 champion is behind his own teammate Kimi Raikkonen and looking over his shoulder at resurgent Red Bull.
- Hamilton needs pole in Monaco GP after 8 races without a win Updated: May-27-16 11:42 am
MONACO - With pole position so important at the Monaco Grand Prix, the pressure will be firmly on Lewis Hamilton in Saturday's qualifying as the Formula One champion bids to avoid a ninth race without a win.
- Button relieved - and angry - as loose drain cover hits car Updated: May-26-16 1:32 pm
MONACO - Jenson Button was both relieved and angry after a loose drain cover flew up and hit his McLaren during a practice session at the Monaco Grand Prix on Thursday.
- Bianchi's family taking legal action following his death Updated: May-26-16 6:42 am
MONACO - The family of Jules Bianchi is taking legal action against motorsport's governing body, the Marussia team and Formula One Management following the French driver's death from head injuries.
- Rivals Hamilton and Rosberg at peace despite crash in Spain Updated: May-25-16 1:53 pm
MONACO - In a rare show of unity so absent during their previous bouts of feuding, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg brushed aside any talk of tension in the wake of their crash at the Spanish Grand Prix two weeks ago.
- Cool & composed: Verstappen in the spotlight at Monaco GP Updated: May-25-16 1:07 pm
MONACO - As coolly composed as he is hugely talented, the unflappable Max Verstappen seems to be handling the pressure well heading into this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix - where the 18-year-old will be firmly in the spotlight.
- Nice appoints Lucien Favre as coach after Puel's departure Updated: May-24-16 12:27 pm
NICE, France - Lucien Favre has been appointed as Nice's new coach on Tuesday, a few hours after the Riviera club surprisingly parted ways with Claude Puel.
- Organizers: Monfils withdraws from French Open Updated: May-20-16 4:01 am
PARIS - French Open organizers say Gael Monfils has withdrawn from the clay-court Grand Slam tournament because of a viral infection.
- Federer out of French Open; 1st Slam he'll miss since 1999 Updated: May-19-16 2:41 pm
PARIS - Roger Federer pulled out of the French Open on Thursday, ending his record streak of appearing in 65 consecutive Grand Slam tournaments - every one since the start of 2000.
- Ginola in light-hearted mood after being hospitalized Updated: May-19-16 2:25 pm
PARIS - Former France player David Ginola gave reassuring news and joked about the World Cup being organized in Qatar after suffering a heat stroke.
- Young Verstappen brings new life into Formula 1 Updated: May-18-16 4:44 am
BARCELONA, Spain - In a scene never before witnessed in Formula One, a teenager stood atop the podium at the Spanish Grand Prix, holding the winner's trophy.
- Teenage midfielder Renato Sanches picked for Portugal squad Updated: May-17-16 4:04 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Teenage midfielder Renato Sanches was chosen in the Portugal squad for the European Championship on Tuesday.
- US officials in Belgium to promote intelligence-sharing Updated: May-10-16 12:00 pm
BRUSSELS - A U.S. government delegation is in Belgium to promote greater intelligence-sharing by Belgian and European authorities in the wake of the March suicide bombings that killed 32 victims here, the group's members said Tuesday.
- Djokovic beats Murray to win record 29th Masters title Updated: May-08-16 5:26 pm
MADRID - A decade after their first match, when they were a couple of promising teenagers, Novak Djokovic defeated Andy Murray again in Madrid, this time to win a record 29th career Masters title.
- Nadal, Murray advance to 3rd round at Madrid Masters Updated: May-03-16 5:26 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal easily defeated Andrey Kuznetsov 6-3, 6-3 to reach the third round of the Madrid Masters on Tuesday, while Andy Murray advanced after a hard-fought 7-6, 3-6, 6-1 win over 37-year-old Radek Stepanek.
- Murray with high expectations after breakthrough Madrid win Updated: May-02-16 10:59 am
MADRID - Andy Murray returns to the Madrid Masters with different expectations after his breakthrough win at the tournament a year ago.
- Nadal looks to keep momentum at Madrid Masters Updated: May-01-16 3:43 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal arrives at the Madrid Masters with a chance to erase any doubts about his form going into the French Open.