- $160B deal to combine Pfizer and Allergan raises outcry Updated: Nov-23-15 4:57 pm
A $160 billion deal announced Monday to merge Pfizer and Allergan and create the world's biggest drug company renewed the outcry in Washington over "inversions," in which U.S. corporations combine with companies overseas to lower their tax bill.
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions Updated: Nov-23-15 2:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Pfizer and Allergan are pursuing the biggest buyout in health care history, a $160 billion deal that would essentially send one of the biggest U.S. corporations overseas, or at least its legal domicile and principal executive offices.
- Treasury issues new rules to limit tax inversions Updated: Nov-19-15 6:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Thursday issued new rules aimed at reducing the tax benefits available to companies that move their tax addresses overseas.
- Parties reach deal to sustain Northern Ireland power-sharing Updated: Nov-17-15 2:48 pm
DUBLIN - Britain published a long-sought agreement with Northern Ireland's parties Tuesday that all sides agreed would sustain their Catholic-Protestant government, the central achievement from decades of peacemaking in the British territory.
- Irish unemployment rate falls to 7-year low of 8.9 percent Updated: Nov-17-15 7:54 am
DUBLIN - Government statisticians say Ireland's unemployment rate has fallen to a seven-year low of 8.9 percent with strong jobs growth in most sectors, particularly the long-battered but crucial construction sector.
- Ireland celebrates 1st gay marriages after May referendum Updated: Nov-17-15 6:40 am
DUBLIN - Ireland is celebrating its first gay marriages, six months after voters overwhelmingly chose to legalize the practice in the traditionally conservative Catholic nation.
- Ireland reaches Euro 2016 with 2-0 win over Bosnia Updated: Nov-16-15 6:12 pm
DUBLIN - Ireland qualified for next year's European Championship on Monday as Jonathan Walters returned from suspension to score both goals in a 2-0 victory over Bosnia-Herzegovina and secure a 3-1 aggregate win in their playoff.
- Broadway to honor writer Brian Friel by dimming its lights Updated: Nov-16-15 2:06 pm
NEW YORK - Broadway theaters plan to dim their marquee lights next month in memory of Brian Friel, the Tony Award-winning Irish playwright who created "Dancing at Lughnasa" and more than 30 other plays.
- Bosnia draws 1-1 with Ireland in 1st leg of Euro playoff Updated: Nov-13-15 6:09 pm
ZENICA, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Edin Dzeko equalized in the 85th minute to salvage a 1-1 draw for Bosnia-Herzegovina against Ireland in the first leg of their playoff for next year's European Championship.
- Report: NZ back at Soldier Field to play Ireland in 2016 Updated: Nov-13-15 8:35 am
Rugby World Cup champion New Zealand is going back to Soldier Field in Chicago next November and lining up against Ireland.
- Apple boss Cook says he'll resist UK government spy law plan Updated: Nov-11-15 3:37 pm
DUBLIN - Tech giant Apple will resist the British government's efforts to get access to encrypted data through a new spying law, CEO Tim Cook said Wednesday.
- Ex-UK soldier arrested over role in Bloody Sunday massacre Updated: Nov-10-15 10:03 pm
DUBLIN - Detectives investigating the biggest mass killing by British troops in Northern Ireland, the Bloody Sunday massacre in 1972, on Tuesday arrested on suspicion of murder one of the soldiers who opened fire that day - the first detention of its kind following decades of demands for justice.
- 'Call of Duty' maker buys 'Candy Crush' company for $5.9B Updated: Nov-03-15 4:38 pm
NEW YORK - The company behind the hugely successful "Call of Duty" video games is launching an all-out attack on the mobile gaming market by shelling out $5.9 billion for the maker of "Candy Crush Saga."
- Dublin-based Shire to acquire Dyax for initial $5.9 billion Updated: Nov-02-15 7:01 am
LONDON - The Dublin-based drug maker Shire says it will take over U.S. biotechnology firm Dyax in a deal worth an initial $5.9 billion.
- The Latest: Tepin wins Breeders' Cup Mile Updated: Oct-31-15 4:04 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The latest on the Breeders' Cup, in which Triple Crown winner American Pharoah races for the last time before retiring (all times EDT):