- Bayern Munich, Real Madrid in final of Audi Cup Updated: Aug-04-15 4:59 pm
- US striker Johannsson closing in on transfer to Bremen Updated: Aug-04-15 3:30 pm
- German justice minister fires country's top prosecutor Updated: Aug-04-15 12:53 pm
BERLIN - German Justice Minister Heiko Maas said Tuesday he will request the dismissal and retirement of the country's chief federal prosecutor Harald Range.
- IAAF denies allegations of not following up suspicious tests Updated: Aug-04-15 12:26 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - The ruling body of world athletics has strongly rejected suggestions that it failed to follow up on suspicious blood test results involving thousands of athletes over more than a decade.
- Court rejects German guru's appeal in child neglect case Updated: Aug-04-15 11:30 am
BERLIN - A court in Germany has rejected appeals by two members of a spiritual group convicted of child neglect for failing to properly care for a boy with cystic fibrosis.
- Germany: 43 injured in fire at former air-raid shelter Updated: Aug-04-15 9:26 am
BERLIN - A fire and a subsequent explosion at a former air-raid shelter in the northern German city of Hamburg where plant oils were being stored left 43 people injured on Tuesday, authorities said.
- New Zealander who was last WWII 'Dambuster' pilot dies at 96 Updated: Aug-04-15 6:55 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A New Zealander who was the last surviving pilot from the specialized World War II "Dambuster" mission targeting German infrastructure died Tuesday. Les Munro was 96.
- BMW earnings slip on China, costs for new models Updated: Aug-04-15 5:52 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - German luxury automaker BMW saw net profit slip 1 percent in the second quarter amid higher costs to bring out new vehicles and a tougher market in China, a major pillar of its profits.
- No. 6 seed Petkovic advances at Bank of the West Updated: Aug-03-15 9:02 pm
STANFORD, California - Sixth-seeded Andrea Petkovic beat fellow German Carina Witthoeft in a first round match of the $731,000 Bank of the West Classic on Monday.
- 2 men on trial in Germany accused of joining Islamic State Updated: Aug-03-15 2:22 pm
BERLIN - A German court on Monday began hearing the case against two men accused of joining the Islamic State group, with one of the defendants saying before the trial that he would reveal details about the inner workings of the organization.
- Archer Daniels Midland completes sale of chocolate business Updated: Aug-03-15 11:40 am
NEW YORK - Archer Daniels Midland says it sold its chocolate business to agribusiness conglomerate Cargill for $440 million.
- German mechanic wins pay for changing, but not for showers Updated: Aug-03-15 9:52 am
BERLIN - A German court says a municipal bus mechanic can have hundreds of euros (dollars) in back pay for time spent changing into his work clothes - but not for time he spent showering.
- Ronaldo, Benzema to miss preseason tournament Updated: Aug-03-15 9:32 am
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema will miss two preseason matches with Real Madrid after picking up injuries during training.
- German immigrant population at 10.9M, highest since 2005 Updated: Aug-03-15 6:53 am
BERLIN - German authorities say the number of immigrants living in the country reached 10.9 million last year - a million more than three years earlier, and the highest figure since they started compiling numbers a decade ago.
- German automakers buying Nokia's HERE map business Updated: Aug-03-15 4:40 am
BERLIN - A consortium of German automakers Audi, BMW and Daimler announced Monday it is buying Nokia Corp.'s HERE map business in a deal that values the unit at 2.8 billion euros ($3.1 billion) and secures their access to technology that could eventually be used for driverless cars.
- Nadal beats Fognini to win Hamburg Open Updated: Aug-02-15 10:41 am
HAMBURG, Germany - Top-seeded Rafael Nadal overcame some sloppy play on his beloved clay to beat Fabio Fognini 7-5, 7-5 and win the Hamburg Open for the second time on Sunday.
- Wolfsburg beats Bayern on penalties to win German Super Cup Updated: Aug-01-15 5:26 pm
WOLFSBURG, Germany - Substitute Nicklas Bendtner scored a late equalizer and converted the decisive penalty to give Wolfsburg the German Super Cup title over Bayern Munich on Saturday.
- Berlin landmark daubed with anti-Semitic graffiti Updated: Aug-01-15 10:59 am
BERLIN - Berlin police say a well-known city landmark has been defaced with anti-Semitic graffiti in an incident that comes as thousands of Jewish athletes are in the German capital for the European Maccabi Games.
- Stephan Beckenbauer, son of Franz, dies at 46 Updated: Aug-01-15 8:06 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich says the son of former club great Franz Beckenbauer, Stephan, has died after a long illness. He was 46.
- Germany shelves Nazi crimes probe of US man Updated: Aug-01-15 12:36 am
BERLIN - German prosecutors have shelved their Nazi war crimes investigation of a retired Minnesota carpenter whom The Associated Press exposed as a former commander in an SS-led unit, saying Friday that the 96-year-old is not fit for trial.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Jul-31-15 1:43 pm
All times are Eastern
- WikiLeaks says US spied on Japanese government, companies Updated: Jul-31-15 10:13 am
TOKYO - The WikiLeaks website published documents Friday that it said shows the U.S. government spied on Japanese officials and companies.
- Coach Pep Guardiola still undecided about Bayern future Updated: Jul-31-15 8:48 am
MUNICH - Shortly before kicking off his third and possibly final season in charge, coach Pep Guardiola is still undecided about his Bayern Munich future.
- Court: German spy agency need not give info on NSA list Updated: Jul-31-15 8:05 am
BERLIN - A German federal court has ruled that the country's spy agency is under no obligation to divulge to the media a list of names compiled from search terms provided to it by the U.S. National Security Agency.
- Airbus takes 290M euro charge for military transport crash Updated: Jul-31-15 3:31 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Plane maker Airbus Group SE said Friday its net profit rose 5 percent in the second quarter to 732 million euros ($805 million) despite a one-time charge stemming from the crash of one of its military transport planes in Spain.