- After much upheaval Danish TV has a request: "Don't hate us" Updated: Feb-05-16 5:03 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish television has a request for the world: "Don't hate us!"
- Wozniacki to be Denmark's flag-bearer at Olympics in Rio Updated: Feb-05-16 12:43 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former top-ranked tennis player Caroline Wozniacki has been chosen to be Denmark's flag-bearer at the opening ceremony of the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Poland says it wins protection for Poles in British EU deal Updated: Feb-05-16 11:44 am
WARSAW, Poland - British Prime Minister David Cameron found support Friday for a renegotiated deal with the European Union from Poland and Denmark, marking a positive start to a two-week tour of European capitals aimed at winning over European partners to his plans for a looser union with the bloc.
- Denmark says US plane was ready to fly Snowden back Updated: Feb-05-16 7:57 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's justice minister says a U.S. government airplane parked at Copenhagen's airport in June 2013 was waiting to fly former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden to the United States.
- Danes charge 4 with helping gunman behind Copenhagen attacks Updated: Feb-03-16 12:42 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish prosecutors charged four men Wednesday with assisting terrorism for allegedly helping a lone gunman who last year killed two people in attacks in Copenhagen.
- Ai Weiwei withdraws works in Denmark due to immigration law Updated: Jan-27-16 12:14 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Chinese artist and activist Ai Weiwei is withdrawing his works from two museums in Denmark to protest a new law that allows Danish authorities to seize valuables from migrants.
- Danish hospital says case of Zika virus discovered Updated: Jan-27-16 5:40 am
HELSINKI - A Danish tourist has been infected by the Zika virus after visiting southern and central America, Danish hospital officials say, but authorities said Wednesday it was not the first case in Europe.
- Danish lawmakers OK seizing valuables from migrants Updated: Jan-26-16 12:48 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish lawmakers voted Tuesday to let police seize valuables worth more than $1,500 from asylum-seekers to help cover their housing and food costs while their cases are being processed.
- Leicester signs Ghana international Amartey from Copenhagen Updated: Jan-22-16 1:29 pm
LEICESTER, England - Leicester has signed Ghana international Daniel Amartey from FC Copenhagen.
- Finland to start 2nd govt-sanctioned trial wolf hunt Updated: Jan-22-16 12:00 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Beginning Saturday, Finland is holding a second government-sanctioned trial wolf hunt in what authorities say is an attempt to manage numbers and curb poaching.
- Danish city makes pork mandatory but allows other food Updated: Jan-21-16 12:24 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A Danish city has ordered pork to be mandatory on municipal menus, including for schools and daycare centers, with politicians insisting the move is necessary for preserving the country's food traditions and is not an attack on Muslims.
- Denmark to deport Russian-born man for terror threats Updated: Jan-20-16 11:11 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A Danish court has sentenced a Russian-born man to psychiatric care and eventual deportation after he was found guilty of threatening to commit acts of terror by killing members of the Danish government.
- Cocaine bust in Denmark, 6 arrests in Belgium, Netherlands Updated: Jan-19-16 6:23 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish police say a European drug ring is being broken up with 310 kilograms (682 pounds) of cocaine of "unusually high purity" seized in Denmark and six arrests in Belgium and the Netherlands.
- 3 jailed in Norway for supporting Islamic State group Updated: Jan-19-16 5:22 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A Norwegian court has sentenced three men up to nearly five years for fighting with or supporting the Islamic State group in Syria.
- Denmark jails 2nd person in purported extremism case Updated: Jan-15-16 3:59 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A day after a court hearing that was shrouded in secrecy, a Danish court has jailed another person until Feb. 9 in a case believed to be linked to the first suspect, reportedly a 15-year-old girl with Muslim extremist sympathies.
- The Latest: Dutch FM calls for EU unity in migrants crisis Updated: Jan-15-16 12:58 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The latest on the continuing flow of people into and across Europe. All times local:
- 10 dead, 15 wounded in Istanbul tourist district explosion Updated: Jan-12-16 10:52 am
ISTANBUL - A suicide bomber affiliated with the Islamic State group detonated a bomb in a historic district of Istanbul popular with tourists Tuesday morning, killing at least 10 people - nine of them German tourists - and wounding 15 others, Turkish officials said.