- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Jul-31-15 1:43 pm
All times are Eastern
- Nazi hunter asks police to probe Dane over murder of Jews Updated: Jul-21-15 1:52 pm
HELSINKI - A leading Nazi hunter has asked Denmark to investigate a 90-year-old Dane suspected of being involved in the mass murder of Jews in Belarus during World War II.
- Study to revitalize Denver's mall seeks "linger" factor Updated: Jul-18-15 2:08 am
DENVER - Denver's 16th Street Mall is unparalleled in its ability to move people from one end of downtown to the other. But getting them to hang out? Not so much. As the mall approaches its 33rd birthday, officials are searching for ways to revitalize the 1¼-mile corridor. It attracts thousands of people each day but scares away others because of its urban grittiness.
- Europe helps Electrolux return to profit in Q2 Updated: Jul-17-15 5:58 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Swedish home appliance maker Electrolux returned to profit in the second quarter of the year on a combination of strong demand in western Europe and cost savings.
- Volvo truck maker Q2 profit surges on European deliveries Updated: Jul-17-15 4:37 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Sweden's AB Volvo has posted second-quarter net income of 5.2 billion kronor ($610 million), up from 2.5 billion kronor a year earlier as the truck maker delivered more vehicles in Europe and North America and benefited from a decline in the Swedish currency.
- Ericsson Q2 profit drops 20 percent, global sales grow Updated: Jul-17-15 4:04 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Swedish wireless equipment maker Ericsson says broadband demand in North America has stabilized but remains low, with second-quarter net profit falling 20 percent to 2.1 billion kronor ($246 million). Sales in the Middle East and part of Asia grew.
- Norwegian tunnel may collapse after fuel truck explosions Updated: Jul-15-15 12:23 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Sea water leaked dangerously into an undersea tunnel in western Norway on Wednesday after a fuel truck crashed into the tunnel's side, triggering a series of explosions. The leaks prompted fears the tunnel could collapse, police said.
- Albania awarded Serbia win by sports court in drone case Updated: Jul-10-15 4:38 pm
Albania was awarded a victory over Serbia by the top sports court on Friday in a reversal of a UEFA sanction over a soccer game that was abandoned when a drone with a political banner flew into the stadium and sparked violence.
- Denmark tells its citizens not to travel to Tunisia Updated: Jul-10-15 10:29 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The Danish Foreign Ministry is telling its citizens to avoid all non-essential travel to Tunisia, saying there is "a high terror risk."
- Estonia protests another Russian airspace violation Updated: Jul-10-15 8:23 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - An Estonian official says a Russian military aircraft violated Estonian airspace over the Baltic Sea this week.
- Danes: Barcelona won't open youth academy in Denmark Updated: Jul-09-15 8:38 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's football association says Barcelona won't start a permanent youth academy in Denmark as initially planned.
- Qatar offshore rig faces months of repairs after accident Updated: Jul-07-15 1:55 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A newly built Qatari offshore rig will need several months of repairs and maintenance after an accident off the Gulf nation's coast, its owner said Tuesday.
- UN chief highlights need for children's education worldwide Updated: Jul-07-15 9:16 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The United Nations chief has joined Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai in calling on world leaders to secure education for young people across the globe.
- Teenage activist wants more money for children's education Updated: Jul-06-15 6:25 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai wants world leaders to spend more money, on top of their earlier promises, to secure 12 years of free primary and secondary education for all children across the world.