- EU moves to protect cheese from both sides of divided Cyprus Updated: Jul-28-15 10:14 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union on Tuesday moved to recognize halloumi, or hellim in Turkish, as a protected cheese from both sides of the Greek-Turkish divided island of Cyprus and lauded it as a symbolic step toward further reunification.
- Creditors: Cyprus on road to recovery, reforms essential Updated: Jul-27-15 10:02 am
ATHENS, Greece - Cyprus' creditors say the bailed-out country is on the path to economic recovery after years of recession but that it needs to follow through on structural reforms to lock in progress made and keep growth on an upward trajectory.
- Britain, Cyprus say sharing security information pays off Updated: Jul-17-15 9:52 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Cooperation between Britain and Cyprus on sharing information about individuals who could pose a security threat to either country is producing results, the UK's foreign minister said Friday.
- Juncker urges Cypriot leaders to seize chance for peace Updated: Jul-16-15 12:16 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - The European Commission's top official expressed optimism Thursday that renewed peace talks in Cyprus can lead to a deal which the EU would support financially.
- Hezbollah member pleads guilty to 8 charges in Cyprus Updated: Jun-29-15 11:05 am
LARNACA, Cyprus - A Cyprus criminal court on Tuesday sentenced a member of the militant group Hezbollah to six years in prison after he pleaded guilty to all eight charges against him in connection with the seizure of 9 tons of a chemical compound that can be converted into an explosive.