- EU turns to Turkey to help manage its migration woes Updated: Nov-27-15 10:38 am
BRUSSELS - Five years ago, Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi warned that millions of Africans wanted to come to the European Union and offered to make the continent's immigration problem disappear in exchange for billions of euros.
- UN official: Further progress made in Cyprus peace talks Updated: Nov-25-15 10:31 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Talks aimed at reunifying ethnically divided Cyprus have made further progress and the island's rival leaders are confident remaining issues can be resolved soon, a U.N. envoy said Wednesday.
- Bank of Cyprus says outgoing CEO to stay on 2 more years Updated: Nov-24-15 5:30 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Cyprus' largest bank says its outgoing chief executive has agreed to stay on two more years under a new contract, overturning his earlier decision to step down.
- Cyprus: energy deal boosts plans to export gas to Egypt Updated: Nov-23-15 10:40 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - A move by British oil and gas company BG International to buy a stake in Cyprus' offshore mineral deposits is an important step forward for the country's plans to supply Egypt with natural gas, the east Mediterranean island's energy minister said Monday.
- Official: Cyprus police stop 6 men at airport Updated: Nov-22-15 3:33 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - An official says Cypriot authorities are holding one Algerian and five Turkish men in custody after they were stopped from entering the country amid "suspicions" over the purpose of their trip.
- Bank of Cyprus CEO disappointed by lawmakers' 'shenanigans' Updated: Nov-18-15 2:33 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Lawmakers have let bailed-out Cyprus down at times, the outgoing chief executive of the country's biggest bank said Wednesday, adding that "shenanigans" which delayed key laws aimed at helping banks collect on a huge number of bad loans have left him disappointed.
- The Latest: UN rights chief rejects anti-migrant moves Updated: Nov-16-15 9:58 pm
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news as hundreds of thousands make their way across Europe in search of safety and a better life. All times local.
- Cyprus passes possibly final bailout program review Updated: Nov-13-15 9:45 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Cyprus has completed what could be the final review of its three-year, 10 billion euro ($10.73 billion) bailout program, the finance minister said Friday.
- Turkey opens military areas in Cyprus to search for missing Updated: Nov-05-15 6:34 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Turkey has granted access to 30 suspected grave sites in military-controlled areas in northern Cyprus, a move that will significantly speed up exhumation work, an official with a committee searching for missing persons on the war-divided island nation said Thursday.
- EU official: Cyprus economy to grow 2 percent annually Updated: Nov-03-15 7:06 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - A European Union official says the economy of bailed-out Cyprus is projected to grow 2 percent annually until 2020.
- Europe rights body says Cyprus hate crimes underreported Updated: Nov-01-15 6:02 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - A European minority rights body is urging Cypriot authorities to ensure that hate crimes are properly identified an effectively dealt with following reports of an increase in racially motivated violence.
- Officials search for cause of plane crash over Egypt's Sinai Updated: Oct-31-15 10:15 pm
SHARM EL-SHEIKH, Egypt - A Russian passenger airliner crashed Saturday in a remote mountainous part of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula 23 minutes after taking off from a popular Red Sea resort, killing all 224 people on board, including 25 children.