- FIBT eliminating 3rd sled in Olympics, world championships Updated: Jun-01-15 12:36 pm
GHENT, Belgium - Nations will now be able to enter only two sleds at the Olympics and the world championships in bobsled and skeleton, after the sport's ruling body voted Monday to cap the fields.
- IS revamps recruitment, with savvy, professional broadcasts Updated: Jun-01-15 9:13 am
PARIS - After a selection of tunes, the presenter with an American accent offers "a glimpse at our main headlines." IS militants have just seized three Iraqi cities. A bomb blows up a factory, killing everyone inside. Militants destroy four enemy Hummers and an armored vehicle.
- Football world marks 30 years of Heysel with solemn service Updated: May-29-15 8:44 am
BRUSSELS - Survivors, relatives of victims and football authorities on Friday marked the 30th anniversary of the Heysel stadium tragedy where 39 people died during fan violence at the 1985 European Cup final between Liverpool and Juventus in Brussels.
- Rocky road: Britain's troubled ties to European Union Updated: May-29-15 5:47 am
LONDON - The British people will get another chance to decide on their European future by the end of 2017 - marking one more milestone in a long-troubled relationship.
- 5 Players to watch at the Under-20 World Cup Updated: May-28-15 12:57 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Five players to watch at the FIFA Under-20 World Cup, which kicks off Saturday in New Zealand:
- Electrical failure paralyzes Belgian air traffic Updated: May-27-15 12:35 pm
BRUSSELS - A power failure at a control center paralyzed most of air traffic in and over Belgium for much of Wednesday and caused chaos at Brussels airport because of delays, detours and cancellations of flights.
- AA Ghent wins first league title, beating Standard Liege Updated: May-21-15 5:40 pm
BRUSSELS - AA Ghent won its first league title on Thursday after it beat Standard Liege 2-0 in the penultimate round of league playoffs.
- Sharp-tongued Democratic Rep. Winkler to resign, move abroad Updated: May-21-15 1:24 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota Democratic legislator who fought to raise the minimum wage and is known for speeches that mocked Republican rivals as well as politicians in his own party said Thursday he will give up his seat in the state House as his family moves abroad.
- For one Dutchman, life morphed from discos to jihad Updated: May-20-15 9:13 pm
LEIDEN, Netherlands - The father says he did not raise his son as a Muslim - and he regrets his decision now.
- AP Interview: US secrecy in trade, terror riles EU watchdog Updated: May-20-15 7:28 pm
BRUSSELS - The U.S. government's restrictions on access to documents and its insistence on secrecy are undermining trust in trans-Atlantic trade talks and anti-terror data exchanges, the European Union's transparency watchdog said Wednesday.
- Bolt to run at season-ending meeting in Brussels Updated: May-14-15 5:42 am
BRUSSELS - Usain Bolt will run at the season-ending Memorial Van Damme Diamond League meeting on Sept. 11.
- Owner of Stop & Shop in merger talks with Belgian retailer Updated: May-12-15 7:23 am
AMSTERDAM - Dutch retailer Royal Ahold NV, operator of the U.S. supermarket chains Stop & Shop and Giant, says it is in talks with Belgian counterpart Delhaize Group about a possible merger.
- 2nd player dies of cardiac arrest in Belgium in 2 weeks Updated: May-11-15 7:35 am
ANTWERP, Belgium - A 23-year-old defender from a lower-league soccer club has become the second Belgian player to die of cardiac arrest in less than two weeks.
- Uber drivers beware! Car at risk in Brussels after ruling Updated: May-04-15 12:26 pm
BRUSSELS - A driver for the Uber mobile app taxi service had his car confiscated Monday after a Brussels court said the ride-sharing service does not respect taxi regulations in the Belgian capital.