- Belgian designer to insist Tokyo changes Olympic logo Updated: Jul-31-15 8:59 am
BRUSSELS - A Belgian designer will approach the IOC and the organizers of the Tokyo Olympics to change the logo of the 2020 Games because it bears too much resemblance to his emblem for the Theatre de Liege.
- Belgium's Solvay to buy US Cytec for $5.5 billion Updated: Jul-29-15 4:58 am
BRUSSELS - Belgium's chemical group Solvay has announced it will buy U.S.-based Cytec for $5.5 billion, making it the second biggest company in the aerospace composite materials market.
- Belgium grave caretaker, families of WWII vets meet Updated: Jul-28-15 11:08 am
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - Benedikte Gijsbregs, 48, who teaches Dutch language and history in the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium, has for years been caring for the graves of two American servicemen who died in the European Theater of World War II, and, on July 22, Gijsbregs met the families of those servicemen.
- FIFA welcomes legal win for ban on third-party ownership Updated: Jul-27-15 9:05 am
ZURICH - FIFA has welcomed a legal win in a Belgian court which upholds its ban on third-party investors owning players' transfer rights.
- Syria opposition groups agree on 'roadmap' to end civil war Updated: Jul-24-15 10:38 am
BRUSSELS - Syria's two main political opposition groups, long at odds, announced Friday that they have agreed on a "roadmap" to end their country's long-running civil war, starting with establishment of a transitional governing body.
- Romania, Wales set to be surprise World Cup top seeds Updated: Jul-23-15 12:02 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - At the 2018 World Cup qualifying draw on Saturday, two European countries could be rewarded for perfect tactics on and off the field.
- Belgium pushes through tax shift totaling $7.7 billion Updated: Jul-23-15 5:35 am
BRUSSELS - The center-right government of Prime Minister Charles Michel has pushed through a tax shift to lighten the cost of labor for businesses and offset it with taxes on energy, alcohol and tobacco.
- Belgian tourist killed in hit-and-run crash ID'd Updated: Jul-22-15 8:25 pm
DENVER - Authorities have released the name of a man who was killed in a hit-and-run crash in Westminster.
- Britain faces Australia, Argentina gets Belgium in Davis Cup Updated: Jul-19-15 6:47 pm
LONDON - A tearful Andy Murray celebrated taking Britain to its first Davis Cup semifinal for more than three decades on Sunday, sealing an emotional 3-1 victory over France to line up a home series against Australia.
- Davis Cup: Belgium reaches semis for first time since 1999 Updated: Jul-18-15 1:47 pm
OSTEND, Belgium - Belgium reached the Davis Cup semifinals for the first time since 1999 when Ruben Bemelmans and debutant Kimmer Coppejans won the doubles for an unbeatable 3-0 lead over Canada on Saturday.
- The Latest: European Union to give Greece short-term loan Updated: Jul-16-15 10:17 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest on Greece's financial crisis (all times local):
- The Latest: Game (almost) over. 9 players chase poker prize Updated: Jul-15-15 4:37 am
LAS VEGAS - The latest from the World Series of Poker main event championship (all times local):
- MPCC temporarily suspends Astana Updated: Jul-06-15 1:44 pm
HUY, Belgium - The Movement for Credible Cycling has temporarily suspended the Astana team after one of its riders entered the Tour de France despite an abnormally low cortisol level.
- EU official: Migrant boats also carrying IS fighters Updated: Jul-06-15 11:14 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union's top prosecutor said Monday she has been told that smugglers' boats bringing migrants across the Mediterranean to Europe are also carrying Islamic State group fighters.