- Spain to hand over US-Belgian arrested over blood diamonds Updated: Aug-31-15 6:34 am
MADRID - An American-Belgian businessman arrested for suspected involvement in enslavement and pillaging blood diamonds during Sierra Leone's civil war will be handed over shortly to Belgium, a Spanish court official said Monday.
- Man City breaks transfer record again to sign De Bruyne Updated: Aug-30-15 12:27 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City demonstrated its financial might by breaking the club's transfer record for the second time this summer to sign Kevin de Bruyne on Sunday, making the Belgium midfielder the second most-expensive player in English football history.
- More ID, bag checks on Europe's trains after foiled attack Updated: Aug-29-15 3:02 pm
PARIS - European countries will increase identity checks and baggage controls on trains after American passengers thwarted an attack on a high-speed train from Amsterdam to Paris, France's interior minister said Saturday.
- Belgium lays to rest heroine who saved countless GI lives Updated: Aug-29-15 11:07 am
BASTOGNE, Belgium - A Congo-born nurse was laid to rest in a quiet corner of Belgium on Saturday, surrounded by emissaries from the King and the United States, politicians and a military honor guard.
- New York family has ties to hero Belgian nurse of WWII fame Updated: Aug-27-15 11:58 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Every Dec. 24 when his children were still young, World War II veteran John "Jack" Prior would read them "The Night Before Christmas." Then he would tell them the story about the Christmas Eve he spent treating scores of wounded soldiers in Belgium with the help of just two nurses, one of whom he would remain in contact with until his 2007 death.
- Rooney scores 3, Man United in Champions League group stage Updated: Aug-26-15 4:43 pm
BRUGES, Belgium - Wayne Rooney ended a 10-game scoring drought by grabbing a hat trick in Manchester United's 4-0 win at Bruges that eased the English team into the Champions League group stage on Wednesday.
- Belgian WWII nurse who helped save many US troops dies Updated: Aug-26-15 8:22 am
BRUSSELS - A Belgian nurse who helped save hundreds of American soldiers during the Battle of the Bulge at the end of World War II has died and will be buried near where thousands of Allied troops fell.
- EU rules out changes to passport-free travel area Updated: Aug-24-15 9:47 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union on Monday ruled out changing Europe's passport-free system of travel despite mounting pressure over a thwarted attack on a multinational rail line and a large influx of migrants into the EU.
- Lewis Hamilton wins Belgian Grand Prix ahead of Nico Rosberg Updated: Aug-23-15 11:35 am
SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium - Lewis Hamilton won the Belgian Grand Prix on Sunday from pole, easily holding off Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg and padding his lead in the Formula One championship standings.
- The Latest: French official confirms ID of train attacker Updated: Aug-22-15 3:09 pm
The latest on the gunman who was subdued by passengers after opening fire at a train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris (all times local Paris time):
- Belgian GP: McLarens start at back of grid for engine change Updated: Aug-21-15 11:22 am
SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium - The McLaren team has been given a combined 55-place grid penalty for changing the engine ahead of the Belgian Grand Prix.
- Raikkonen to remain Ferrari driver for 2016 alongside Vettel Updated: Aug-19-15 12:09 pm
SPA, Belgium - Kimi Raikkonen will remain at Ferrari for the 2016 Formula One championship season, partnering Sebastian Vettel.
- Depay double rescues Man United in 3-1 win over Bruges Updated: Aug-18-15 7:09 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Memphis Depay announced his arrival at Manchester United by scoring a first-half double and providing a late assist for Marouane Fellaini in a 3-1 win over Bruges in the first leg of their Champions League playoff on Tuesday.
- Flight to Belgium makes emergency landing in Philadelphia Updated: Aug-18-15 5:23 am
PHILADELPHIA - Airport officials say a flight en route to Brussels, Belgium returned to Philadelphia International Airport after smoke was reported in the galley.
- Belgium midfielder De Bruyne says he'll stay at Wolfsburg Updated: Aug-17-15 3:59 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - Belgium midfielder Kevin de Bruyne says he is staying at Wolfsburg this season.
- Meier, Miami head to Europe - where past and future collide Updated: Aug-10-15 2:32 am
CORAL GABLES, Florida - For Miami coach Katie Meier and starting guard Adrienne Motley, a weeklong trip to Europe is about going back to the beginning. Both think it'll brighten the Hurricanes' future as well.