- Iran pushes for end to arms embargo in nuke deal Updated: Jul-06-15 12:22 pm
VIENNA - A day before the new deadline for a nuclear accord, Iran pushed on Monday for an end to the U.N. arms embargo on the country - a parallel deal that the United States opposes as it seeks to limit Tehran's Mideast power and influence.
- On 9th day, Kerry says Iran nuke talks could go either way Updated: Jul-05-15 5:05 pm
VIENNA - Nine days into marathon nuclear talks, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Sunday said the diplomatic efforts "could go either way," cutting off all potential pathways for an Iranian atomic bomb or ending without an agreement that American officials have sometimes described as the only alternative to war.
- Austrian court rejects jurisdiction in Facebook privacy suit Updated: Jul-01-15 9:08 am
VIENNA - A court in Austria has rejected a class-action lawsuit against Facebook alleging invasion of privacy, saying it lacks jurisdiction in the case.
- Russia-US ties alive and well at Iran nuclear talks Updated: Jul-01-15 3:25 am
VIENNA - Russia-U.S. relations are at a post-Cold War low just about everywhere, except at the Iran nuclear talks.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Jun-30-15 6:10 am
Crunch time in Greece as bailout due to expire, IMF loan due with no deal in sight
- Iran's Zarif leaves for Vienna Updated: Jun-30-15 3:05 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's official IRNA news agency is reporting the country's foreign minister has left for Vienna to join nuclear talks with world powers.
- French minister: No new target date for Iran nuclear talks Updated: Jun-29-15 11:08 am
UNITED NATIONS - Negotiators trying to rein in Iran's nuclear program have decided not to set a new target date to conclude talks, France's foreign minister said Monday, and he warned that if an agreement isn't "very robust" other countries in the Middle East will seek to develop nuclear weapons.
- Pro-European candidate leads in Moldova vote Updated: Jun-28-15 7:07 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - Near-final results gave a pro-European Union candidate a comfortable lead in the runoff vote for mayor of Moldova's biggest city Sunday, in an election seen as a test of whether the former Soviet republic moves closer to the EU or to neighboring Russia.
- Serbia unveils monument to Gavrilo Princip Updated: Jun-28-15 5:30 pm
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia on Sunday unveiled a monument to Gavrilo Princip, whose assassination of the Austro-Hungarian crown prince in Sarajevo helped ignite World War I and still provokes controversy in the ethnically-divided Balkans.
- Nuke talks to miss target; Iran foreign minister heads home Updated: Jun-28-15 4:29 pm
VIENNA - A senior U.S. official acknowledged Sunday that Iran nuclear talks will go past their June 30 target date, as Iran's foreign minister prepared to head home for consultations before returning to push for a breakthrough.
- Outside Iran talks, a different cast competes for attention Updated: Jun-28-15 12:30 pm
VIENNA - Ah, Vienna. City of music. Crown jewel of the Holy Roman Empire. Birthplace of psychoanalysis. Home of the Lipizzaner stallions. And this week, host of the Iran nuclear negotiations.
- Once unheard of, US-Iran talks become the new normal Updated: Jun-27-15 11:54 am
VIENNA - The top American and Iranian diplomats faced each other across a square table in a 19th century Viennese palace, the room austerely decorated and the atmosphere calm as they started the final push for a generation-defining nuclear agreement on Saturday.
- Kerry off to Vienna for Iran nuke talks as deadline looms Updated: Jun-26-15 8:53 am
WASHINGTON - With next week's deadline for an Iran nuclear deal fast approaching, Secretary of State John Kerry headed back to the talks in Vienna, Austria, on Friday, this time leaning on crutches.
- Swiss champion Basel signs Austria forward Marc Janko Updated: Jun-25-15 9:14 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Swiss champion Basel says Austria forward Marc Janko has joined on a free transfer from Sydney.
- Kerry: US undeterred by Iran leader's nuke comments Updated: Jun-24-15 8:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Nuclear negotiations between world powers and Iran will not be affected by recent comments from Iran's supreme leader who appeared to backtrack on key points of an emerging deal, Secretary of State John Kerry said Wednesday.
- US general: Russian military presence in Ukraine irrefutable Updated: Jun-24-15 11:26 am
VIENNA - The commander of U.S. troops in Europe has dismissed claims by Russia that it is staying out of the Ukraine conflict, speaking of "clear and irrefutable evidence" to the contrary.
- Berlin Philharmonic names Kirill Petrenko as chief conductor Updated: Jun-22-15 9:17 am
BERLIN - The Berlin Philharmonic on Monday named Siberian-born Kirill Petrenko as its next chief conductor - one of the most prestigious jobs in the world of classical music.
- Rosberg title hopes right back on after 3 wins in 4 races Updated: Jun-22-15 4:26 am
SPIELBERG, Austria - Having beaten his Mercedes rival Lewis Hamilton in three of the past four races, Nico Rosberg is confident he has found the missing ingredient required to win the Formula One title this year: more aggression.
- Rosberg wins Austrian GP ahead of Mercedes teammate Hamilton Updated: Jun-21-15 11:08 am
SPEILBERG, Austria - Nico Rosberg showed his championship potential by overtaking pole sitter Lewis Hamilton on the first turn and went on to win the Austrian Grand Prix in style on Sunday.
- Man runs car into crowd in Austria, killing 3, injuring 34 Updated: Jun-20-15 4:28 pm
VIENNA - A man apparently distraught over personal issues drove his SUV into a crowd in Austria's second largest city Saturday, killing a 4-year old and two adults, officials said.
- Alonso and Ricciardo get grid penalties for using 5th engine Updated: Jun-19-15 9:20 am
SPIELBERG, Austria - McLaren driver Fernando Alonso will start the Austrian Grand Prix from the back of the grid and Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo dropped 10 places because they used up their four allocated engines.
- F1 drivers dreaming of matching Hulkenberg's Le Mans success Updated: Jun-19-15 6:29 am
SPIELBERG, Austria - Nico Hulkenberg's triumph in the 24 Hours Le Mans last weekend has made other Formula One drivers dream of taking part.
- Austria ski officials, Fenninger resolve latest dispute Updated: Jun-18-15 1:19 pm
VIENNA - Overall World Cup champion Anna Fenninger remained in the national team after she agreed to abide by sponsorship regulations, the Austrian ski federation said on Thursday.
- Grosjean says sorry to Stevens after Montreal mistake Updated: Jun-18-15 1:05 pm
SPIELBERG, Austria - Lotus driver Romain Grosjean took the time to say sorry in person to British driver Will Stevens on Thursday after crashing into him at the Canadian Grand Prix.
- Austrian construction worker finds nearly 400 WWII grenades Updated: Jun-18-15 12:26 pm
VIENNA - An Austrian construction worker knew he had struck metal with the shovel of his excavator. But it took police to determine what he had unearthed - nearly 400 live World War II grenades.