- UN chief urges all nations to help end Ebola in West Africa Updated: Jun-02-15 7:15 pm
- UN official says Ebola will end in Sierra Leone in weeks Updated: Jun-01-15 7:29 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations' Ebola chief says he believes it's only a matter of weeks before the Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone ends.
- Bill Clinton hopes to keep working - whatever Hillary does Updated: May-28-15 2:27 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Former U.S. President Bill Clinton made an impassioned appeal Thursday for modern health care in the Ebola-stricken countries of West Africa where his foundation works. He told The Associated Press afterward he hopes to keep working in Africa and elsewhere - regardless of what happens politically with his wife, Hillary.
- Ebola-free Liberia cleared to host football games again Updated: May-22-15 4:21 pm
CAIRO - The Confederation of African Football has cleared Liberia to host international football games again after it was declared free of Ebola by the World Health Organization.
- Guinea families transport bodies in public taxis Updated: May-22-15 12:41 pm
CONAKRY, Guinea - Relatives of Ebola victims are transporting their bodies on public transportation in Guinea, seating the corpses upright between other passengers to skirt health controls and contributing to the spread of the deadly disease here, authorities said.
- Nurse in Italy tests positive for Ebola; was in Sierra Leone Updated: May-12-15 1:50 pm
ROME - Italy's health ministry says a nurse who came to Italy from Sierra Leone last week has tested positive for the Ebola virus.
- Liberia's government holds celebration to mark Ebola's end Updated: May-11-15 2:44 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberians gathered in the streets of the capital on Monday to celebrate the end of the Ebola epidemic in this West African country.
- Liberia cautiously marks end of Ebola after 4,700 deaths Updated: May-09-15 1:02 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - On the day Mercy Kennedy lost her mother to Ebola, it was hard to imagine a time when Liberia would be free from one of the world's deadliest viruses. It had swept through the 9-year-old's neighborhood, killing people house by house.
- Ebola is found in doctor's eye months after virus left blood Updated: May-07-15 4:10 pm
For the first time, Ebola has been discovered inside the eyes of a patient months after the virus was gone from his blood.
- UN: Lowest number of new weekly Ebola cases in West Africa Updated: May-07-15 6:25 am
LONDON - The World Health Organization says the number of Ebola cases reported in Guinea and Sierra Leone last week dropped to 18, the lowest total this year.
- Mormon missionaries to return after African Ebola outbreak Updated: May-06-15 11:02 am
PROVO, Utah - Mormon missionaries will return to Liberia and Sierra Leone after being relocated from the two countries nine months ago.