- Experts to investigate new Ebola case in north Sierra Leone Updated: Aug-31-15 2:16 pm
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone - Ebola experts are in Sierra Leone's Kambia district investigating a case that emerged less than a week after the country's last known patient was discharged from a hospital, a World Health Organization spokeswoman said Monday.
- Spain to hand over US-Belgian arrested over blood diamonds Updated: Aug-31-15 6:34 am
MADRID - An American-Belgian businessman arrested for suspected involvement in enslavement and pillaging blood diamonds during Sierra Leone's civil war will be handed over shortly to Belgium, a Spanish court official said Monday.
- Sierra Leone: Officials confirm new Ebola death Updated: Aug-30-15 12:38 pm
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone - Health officials in Sierra Leone on Sunday confirmed an Ebola death less than a week after the country's last known patient was discharged from a hospital.
- Ebola survivor who lost 21 relatives gives birth to baby boy Updated: Aug-28-15 5:47 am
KENEMA, Sierra Leone - Ebola did not take Victoria Yillia's life. And it could not prevent the birth of her son.
- With many Ebola survivors ailing, doctors evaluate situation Updated: Aug-23-15 4:38 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - Lingering health problems afflicting many of the roughly 13,000 Ebola survivors have galvanized global and local health officials to find out how widespread the ailments are, and how to remedy them.
- Sierra Leone awaits countdown to Ebola-free declaration Updated: Aug-19-15 1:43 pm
MASSESSEHBEH, Sierra Leone - It had been five months since the last Ebola case in Musa Kamara's village when he returned home for festivities to mark the end of Ramadan. Not long after his sudden death in this roadside village, authorities came with a grim message: The killer virus was back.
- UN official: Ebola epidemic could be defeated by end of 2015 Updated: Aug-13-15 1:31 pm
- UN social media campaign showcases humanitarian activism Updated: Aug-12-15 10:07 am
UNITED NATIONS - Tennis star Maria Sharapova, British mogul Richard Branson and Nobel Peace laureate Malala Yousafzai have signed up. So have actor Ashley Judd, Colombian singer Juanes and Brazilian football star Kaka.
- China pledges continued support for Ebola-hit Africa nations Updated: Aug-10-15 7:29 pm
CONAKRY, Guinea - China's foreign minister has pledged continued support to the three West African countries hardest hit by the Ebola outbreak that has killed more than 11,200 people.
- 14 illegal gold miners victims of landslide in Liberia Updated: Aug-04-15 7:02 am
MONROVIA, Liberia - State radio in Liberia says 14 men illegally mining for gold in Liberia's west fell victim to a landslide. They were trapped under rubble and are presumed dead.