- 6 Sierra Leone activists convicted in land dispute case Updated: Feb-05-16 11:25 am
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone - A court in Sierra Leone has convicted six people of destroying 40 palm trees that belonged to a French company accused of land grabbing in the West African nation.
- WHO: More than 48 Ebola contacts missing in Sierra Leone Updated: Feb-04-16 7:30 am
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone - Dozens of people linked to the most recent cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone are still missing, the World Health Organization warns, saying that among them 18 contacts are at high risk of having the virus.
- Sierra Leone has 2nd Ebola case after epidemic believed over Updated: Jan-21-16 1:22 pm
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone - A second case of Ebola emerged in Sierra Leone after health officials thought the epidemic was over, with a close relative of the first victim testing positive for the virus that has killed more than 11,000 people, authorities said Thursday.
- New Jersey wants lawsuit from Ebola-quarantined nurse tossed Updated: Jan-15-16 6:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Lawyers for Gov. Chris Christie and state health officials asked a judge Friday to throw out a lawsuit from a nurse who was quarantined because she had contact with Ebola patients in West Africa in 2014.
- AP EXPLAINS: Ebola is over, but could it happen again? Updated: Jan-14-16 10:40 am
DAKAR, Senegal - The World Health Organization announced Thursday that the world's biggest-ever Ebola epidemic is over after two years. Here is a closer look:
- WHO declares end to Ebola epidemic after 11,300 deaths Updated: Jan-14-16 9:11 am
GENEVA - The World Health Organization declared an end to the deadliest Ebola outbreak ever on Thursday after no new cases emerged in Liberia, though health officials warn that it will be several more months before the world is considered free of the disease that claimed more than 11,300 lives over two years.
- World Health Organization declares Liberia free of Ebola Updated: Jan-14-16 4:29 am
GENEVA - The World Health Organization has formally announced the end of the Ebola outbreak in Liberia, joining Sierra Leone and Guinea - the epicenters of the latest outbreak - as Ebola-free.
- UN chief: West Africa on cusp of being declared Ebola free Updated: Jan-13-16 6:46 pm
UNITED NATIONS - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon celebrated the impending end of West Africa's Ebola epidemic with cautious relief, warning that future flare-ups are inevitable and imploring the world not to let its guard down.