- Senegal fears extremism amid imam arrests, regional attacks Updated: Feb-08-16 9:59 am
KAOLACK, Senegal - Dozens of armed security forces descended on the Quranic school at night, arresting an imam suspected of having links to Islamic extremists in Nigeria.
- Militants free Australian woman kidnapped in Burkina Faso Updated: Feb-06-16 5:50 pm
NIAMEY, Niger - A spokesman for Niger's president says an Australian woman kidnapped last month in northern Burkina Faso has been freed.
- Malian Tuaregs returning home face violence in Timbuktu Updated: Feb-06-16 10:07 am
TIMBUKTU, Mali - Charred timbers are all that remain of a dozen Tuareg homes burned down last week in Mali's northern city of Timbuktu by a mob angry after reports of a gun attack on Malian security forces nearby.
- West Africa braces for more attacks after Burkina Faso siege Updated: Jan-20-16 2:13 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - At the entrance to the King Fahd Palace hotel in Dakar, security guards inspect the trunks of every taxi at the gate, long before the vehicles get anywhere near the building itself.
- Niger says 4 soldiers confess to December coup plot Updated: Jan-13-16 12:43 pm
NIAMEY, Niger - Four of Niger's army officers arrested in December confessed to planning an attempt to overthrow the government, the defense minister said Wednesday.
- Niger court not releasing opposition candidate for elections Updated: Jan-11-16 9:40 am
BAMAKO, Mali - Niger's court of appeals says it will not provisionally release from prison an opposition candidate so that he can campaign for February presidential elections