- Ghana, Nigeria lead African challenge at Under-20 World Cup Updated: May-28-15 10:03 pm
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - While Africa's senior teams have struggled to make an impact at the World Cup, the juniors have had considerable success.
- Things to know about the Under-20 World Cup Updated: May-28-15 3:24 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The under-20 World Cup kicks off Saturday in New Zealand and will likely feature some of the stars of the future. Here's some things to know:
- Attack on UN vehicle in Mali's capital, 1 dead Updated: May-26-15 7:40 am
TUNIS, Tunisia - A United Nations official says that armed gunmen fired on a U.N. vehicle in Mali's capital, killing one peacekeeper and injuring another.
- French forces kill 2 Islamic extremist chiefs in north Mali Updated: May-20-15 12:35 pm
PARIS - The French Defense Ministry says special forces in Mali have killed the leaders of two Islamist extremist groups in fighting in northern Mali.
- Mediator: Main rebel group did not sign Mali peace accord Updated: May-15-15 6:25 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - Mali's main separatist Tuareg rebel group did not sign a peace accord that the government and other armed groups agreed to on Friday, dimming prospects of stability in the West African country.
- French convert to Islam convicted for al-Qaida links in Mali Updated: May-15-15 2:52 pm
PARIS - A Paris court has convicted a 60-year-old Frenchman and sentenced him to eight years in prison for belonging to al-Qaida's North African affiliate and taking part in armed actions in northern Mali.
- Ahead of signing of peace deal, violence flares in Mali Updated: May-07-15 11:46 am
DAKAR, Senegal - Tuareg separatist rebels agreed to sign a peace deal with the government in just over a week's time but that hasn't stopped them from attacking towns and encroaching further south toward Mali's capital. The toll has risen to 30 dead in recent days.
- Jihadists destroy proposed world heritage site in Mali Updated: May-04-15 2:01 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - Jihadists have destroyed a mausoleum in central Mali that had been submitted as a U.N. World Heritage site, leaving behind a warning that they will come after all those who don't follow their strict version of Islam, a witness said Monday.
- Spain premier makes visit to 2 west African countries Updated: May-03-15 1:25 pm
MADRID - Spain's prime minister has started a two-day trip to two west African countries as Europe faces pressure from jihadis and migrants making perilous sea crossings seeking a better life.