- 7 suspected in Mali attacks arrested in Ivory Coast Updated: Sep-03-15 9:44 am
BAMAKO, Mali - Authorities say at least seven jihadis accused of attacking the Malian military in the country's south have been arrested in neighboring Ivory Coast.
- Toure missing as Ivory Coast launches African title defense Updated: Sep-03-15 6:26 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Ivory Coast begins the defense of its African title this weekend without Yaya Toure after the team captain asked not to be selected while he considers his international future.
- Mali, neighboring countries plan force to fight extremists Updated: Sep-02-15 2:04 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - Mali's defense ministry adviser says that five neighboring countries have met to discuss a joint force to fight extremism in the region.
- In Islamic State war, like others, heritage always a target Updated: Aug-25-15 6:07 pm
CAIRO - A nearly 2,000-year-old temple in the Syrian city of Palmyra this week was the latest victim in the Islamic State group's campaign of destruction of historic sites across the territory it controls in Iraq and Syria.
- Armed men launch attack in Burkina Faso near Mali Updated: Aug-24-15 3:52 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Several suspected Islamic militants launched a rare attack near the West African nation's border with Mali on Monday, wounding at least two people as they said they were targeting Christians, a witness and a security official said.
- UN: Over 3 million people suffer from hunger in Mali Updated: Aug-19-15 1:25 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - More than 3 million people are suffering from hunger as insecurity persists in Mali's north, Mali officials and the United Nations said Wednesday.
- Notorious extremist said to head al-Qaida West Africa branch Updated: Aug-15-15 5:55 pm
ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast - A militant group that has claimed responsibility for recent violence in Mali has rebranded itself as al-Qaida's West Africa branch while reaffirming that it is led by the notorious extremist Moktar Belmoktar.