- Winners of Nobel Peace Prize since 1980 Updated: Oct-09-15 5:11 am
OSLO, Norway - The 2015 Nobel Peace Prize was announced Friday. Here is a list of winners of the award since 1980:
- Liberia goalkeeper's career in doubt after freak accident Updated: Sep-28-15 4:35 am
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberia goalkeeper Nathaniel Sherman's career is in doubt after he suffered a serious eye injury walking into a glass panel at the team hotel ahead of an African Cup qualifier this month.
- Leaders pledge money, clout to achieve women's equality Updated: Sep-27-15 10:09 pm
UNITED NATIONS - World leaders pledged money and political clout to achieve equality for women by 2030 at a U.N. meeting Sunday co-chaired by China's President Xi Jinping, who has faced strong criticism for cracking down on women's rights activists.
- American doctor cured of Ebola continues his work in Liberia Updated: Sep-25-15 1:27 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - This time last year, Dr. Rick Sacra was given a second chance at life.
- UN in Liberia plans to hand over security next year to govt Updated: Sep-24-15 12:54 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - The head of the U.N. mission in Liberia says it will hand over national security responsibilities to the government in June 2016.
- Liberia leader fires security official accused of assault Updated: Sep-15-15 11:24 am
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberia's president fired her deputy security chief after social media erupted in outrage over allegations that he and his men beat a woman and stabbed her with a glass bottle.
- Actor Danny Glover in Nigeria to star in movie about Ebola Updated: Sep-10-15 3:45 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - U.S. actor Danny Glover said Thursday that he is in Nigeria to star in a movie based on people who risked and sacrificed their lives to stop the spread of Ebola in Africa's most populous country.