- Burkina Faso court throws out ex-president arrest warrant Updated: Apr-28-16 6:36 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - An appeals court in Burkina Faso has thrown out an international arrest warrant for former President Blaise Compaore.
- UN votes to wrap up Ivory Coast peacekeeping mission in 2017 Updated: Apr-28-16 1:50 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council voted unanimously Thursday to wrap up its 12-year peacekeeping mission in Ivory Coast next year, a sign of confidence in the West African nation's progress to peace after years of political turmoil and thousands of deaths.
- Equatorial Guinea leader looks to extend decades-long rule Updated: Apr-24-16 10:34 am
ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast - Equatorial Guinea President Teodoro Obiang, Africa's longest-serving leader and the world's longest-serving non-royal head of state, is expected to dominate an election Sunday for a new term that could take his reign past the four-decade mark.
- World music star Papa Wemba dies after collapsing on stage Updated: Apr-24-16 9:22 am
ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast - Papa Wemba, a musician known around the world as the king of Congolese rumba, has died following a collapse on stage during a concert, officials said. He was 66.
- G-7 foreign ministers push nuclear disarmament in Hiroshima Updated: Apr-11-16 6:53 am
HIROSHIMA, Japan - Foreign ministers from the Group of Seven industrialized countries, meeting Monday in the atomic-bombed Japanese city of Hiroshima, called for a renewed push for flagging nuclear disarmament efforts as they wrestled with some of the intractable global problems facing their nations.