- World Cup field puts haves and have-nots on display Updated: Jul-02-15 8:02 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - One of the benefits of an expanded field of 24 teams at the Women's World Cup this year was that there were lots of fresh faces playing in Canada, teams like Ivory Coast, Ecuador and Cameroon.
- Ivory Coast names 5 candidates for new coach Updated: Jul-01-15 7:50 am
ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast - Michel Dussuyer and Henry Kasperczak are on the Ivory Coast Football Federation's five-man shortlist for new coach of the African champion.
- African migrants find uneasy EU shelter after rough journey Updated: Jun-26-15 5:58 am
CREIL, France - Against the odds, Hamed Kouyate has achieved his childhood dream of escaping African poverty and reaching the wealthy heart of Europe. But like many fellow migrants who endured a clandestine odyssey marked by toil and terror, the teenager now questions whether he's just gambled his life on a cruel illusion.
- Nigeria federation: Keshi will honor 2-year contract Updated: Jun-22-15 11:09 am
ABUJA, Nigeria - The Nigeria Football Federation said it has been assured that coach Stephen Keshi will honor his two-year contract despite being named as a candidate to take charge of African champion Ivory Coast.
- Hegerberg's 2 goals lift Norway past Ivory Coast 3-1 Updated: Jun-15-15 6:13 pm
MONCTON, New Brunswick - Ada Hegerberg scored twice to secure Norway's berth in the knockout stage of the Women's World Cup with a 3-1 win over Ivory Coast on Monday.
- African qualifying: Ghana wins big, Cameroon leaves it late Updated: Jun-14-15 6:23 pm
Asamoah Gyan scored twice as Ghana beat Mauritius 7-1 in the first round of African Cup of Nations qualifying on Sunday.
- Thailand knocks off Ivory Coast 3-2 in Women's World Cup Updated: Jun-11-15 9:19 pm
Thanatta Chawong scored an insurance goal in the 75th minute which proved the difference and Thailand beat Ivory Coast 3-2 in their Women's World Cup opening group game on Thursday.
- Spain: Father of African boy found in suitcase freed on bail Updated: Jun-09-15 5:41 am
MADRID - The father of an Ivory Coast boy caught being smuggled into Spain in a suitcase last month has been freed on bail, allowing the family to be reunited.
- Germany beats Ivory Coast 10-0 in Women's World Cup Updated: Jun-07-15 6:12 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Celia Sasic scored the fastest hat trick in Women's World Cup history and Anja Mittag also scored three goals to spark top-ranked Germany to a 10-0 victort over Ivory Coast on Sunday in a Group B match - the second-most lopsided win in event history.
- French firm urged to reimburse farmers in alleged land grabs Updated: Jun-04-15 1:05 pm
PARIS - Activists called Thursday for French conglomerate Bollore to return land, or compensate farmers, over disputed concessions for plantations in Cambodia and three African countries.