- FIFA to draw African World Cup qualifying groups in June Updated: Nov-20-15 8:55 am
ZURICH - The final round of African qualifying groups for the 2018 World Cup will be drawn in June.
- Superstars in Liberia now sing for peace in Philadelphia Updated: Nov-18-15 11:38 am
PHILADELPHIA - During 14 years of civil war in Liberia, more than 700,000 residents fled the country. One of the nation's most popular singers, Tokay Tomah, went in the opposite direction.
- Ivory Coast, Ghana, Egypt progress in WCup qualifying Updated: Nov-17-15 4:13 pm
Ivory Coast, Ghana, Egypt, and Cameroon had few problems in progressing to the final round of World Cup qualifying in Africa on Tuesday.
- Toure, Aubameyang among 10 nominees for top African player Updated: Nov-02-15 11:54 am
CAIRO - Yaya Toure and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang were among the 10 nominees announced on Monday for the African player of the year award.
- Ivory Coast president vows to lower unemployment Updated: Oct-29-15 7:01 pm
ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast - Ivory Coast's president said Thursday he hopes to reduce unemployment by 2 million during his second term in office, backing a campaign promise that opponents said he failed to fulfill during his first term.
- Trial delayed for former Ivory Coast president Gbagbo Updated: Oct-28-15 2:26 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The International Criminal Court has postponed the start of the trial of former Ivory Coast president Laurent Gbagbo until next year to give judges time to assess his health.
- Ivory Coast President Ouattara easily wins re-election Updated: Oct-28-15 1:23 am
ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast - Ivory Coast's President Alassane Ouattara easily won re-election in the first vote since a disputed poll five years ago sparked violence that killed thousands in the West African economic powerhouse, the electoral commission announced early Wednesday.