- Int'l court case against Ivory Coast ex-1st lady admissible Updated: May-27-15 12:51 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - International Criminal Court appeals judges upheld a ruling Wednesday that the court can prosecute Ivory Coast's former first lady on charges including murder and rape linked to violence that left 3,000 people dead after the country's disputed 2010 presidential election.
- Nigerian goalkeeper banned 1 year for spitting at official Updated: May-26-15 4:33 pm
CAIRO - A Nigerian goalkeeper was banned for a year for spitting at an assistant referee and clubs were handed fines totaling $85,000 in disciplinary decisions announced by the Confederation of African Football on Tuesday.
- French club Lille names Herve Renard as new coach Updated: May-25-15 12:06 pm
LILLE, France - Former Ivory Coast manager Herve Renard has been named as new coach of Lille, the French first-division club said Monday.
- Herve Renard quits as Ivory Coast coach Updated: May-22-15 3:14 pm
ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast - Herve Renard quit as Ivory Coast coach on Friday, three months after delivering a long-awaited African Cup of Nations title.
- Spain grants temporary residence to boy found in suitcase Updated: May-21-15 12:22 pm
MADRID - The Spanish government on Thursday granted a temporary residence permit to an 8-year-old Ivory Coast boy that a woman tried to smuggle into Spain in a suitcase.