- Experts to investigate new Ebola case in north Sierra Leone Updated: Aug-31-15 2:16 pm
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone - Ebola experts are in Sierra Leone's Kambia district investigating a case that emerged less than a week after the country's last known patient was discharged from a hospital, a World Health Organization spokeswoman said Monday.
- Guinea ex-coup leader won't run in election Updated: Aug-28-15 2:17 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - The lawyer of Guinea's former coup leader says the ex-strongman will not be able to take part in next month's presidential election after he was barred from returning to the country.
- Guinea: Riot police break up rally for ex-military leader Updated: Aug-15-15 4:59 pm
CONAKRY, Guinea - Riot police in Guinea used tear gas to break up a rally on Saturday demanding the return of a former military ruler who wants to run for president despite facing charges related to a 2009 massacre.
- UN official: Ebola epidemic could be defeated by end of 2015 Updated: Aug-13-15 1:31 pm
- China pledges continued support for Ebola-hit Africa nations Updated: Aug-10-15 7:29 pm
CONAKRY, Guinea - China's foreign minister has pledged continued support to the three West African countries hardest hit by the Ebola outbreak that has killed more than 11,200 people.