- Experimental Ebola vaccine could stop virus in West Africa Updated: Jul-31-15 11:44 am
LONDON - An experimental Ebola vaccine tested on thousands of people in Guinea seems to work and might help shut down the waning epidemic in West Africa, according to interim results from a study published Friday.
- Liberia confirms 2nd Ebola death in resurgent outbreak Updated: Jul-15-15 9:10 am
MONROVIA, Liberia - A second person in Liberia has died from Ebola in the latest resurgence of the deadly disease in the West African nation, an official said Wednesday.
- Ebola-hit countries get pledges of $3.4 billion to rebuild Updated: Jul-10-15 7:43 pm
UNITED NATIONS - International donors pledged $3.4 billion Friday to help Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone recover from the Ebola epidemic which has killed over 11,000 people and devastated the three West African nations. The amount is more than the $3.2 billion their presidents sought.
- Guinea's ex-junta leader indicted for more than 156 deaths Updated: Jul-08-15 7:17 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Guinea's ex-junta leader was indicted Wednesday for the deaths of more than 156 people gathered at an opposition rally in 2009, his lawyer said.
- Panel: Politics among reasons for botched UN Ebola response Updated: Jul-07-15 12:08 pm
LONDON - The Ebola outbreak exposed the U.N. health agency's organizational failings, a panel reported Tuesday - but it didn't blame any individuals at the World Health Organization for its bungled response last year to the deadly crisis.