- Congo claims African Nations title, beats Mali 3-0 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:06 pm
KIGALI, Rwanda - Congo won the African Nations Championship title by convincingly beating Mali 3-0 in the final in Rwanda on Sunday.
- Guinea: Journalist shot dead outside opposition meeting Updated: Feb-06-16 7:56 am
CONAKRY, Guinea - Guinea's government says a journalist was shot and killed during clashes outside a meeting of the main opposition party.
- WHO: More than 48 Ebola contacts missing in Sierra Leone Updated: Feb-04-16 7:30 am
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone - Dozens of people linked to the most recent cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone are still missing, the World Health Organization warns, saying that among them 18 contacts are at high risk of having the virus.
- AP EXPLAINS: Ebola is over, but could it happen again? Updated: Jan-14-16 10:40 am
DAKAR, Senegal - The World Health Organization announced Thursday that the world's biggest-ever Ebola epidemic is over after two years. Here is a closer look:
- WHO declares end to Ebola epidemic after 11,300 deaths Updated: Jan-14-16 9:11 am
GENEVA - The World Health Organization declared an end to the deadliest Ebola outbreak ever on Thursday after no new cases emerged in Liberia, though health officials warn that it will be several more months before the world is considered free of the disease that claimed more than 11,300 lives over two years.
- World Health Organization declares Liberia free of Ebola Updated: Jan-14-16 4:29 am
GENEVA - The World Health Organization has formally announced the end of the Ebola outbreak in Liberia, joining Sierra Leone and Guinea - the epicenters of the latest outbreak - as Ebola-free.
- UN chief: West Africa on cusp of being declared Ebola free Updated: Jan-13-16 6:46 pm
UNITED NATIONS - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon celebrated the impending end of West Africa's Ebola epidemic with cautious relief, warning that future flare-ups are inevitable and imploring the world not to let its guard down.