- African Children's Choir to perform in Florence Updated: Feb-07-16 11:00 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - Since 1984, the African Children's Choir has been giving kids from across the continent of Africa a chance to improve their lives.
- Sexwale to meet South African federation over FIFA campaign Updated: Feb-01-16 8:16 am
FIFA presidential candidate Tokyo Sexwale will meet with senior South African Football Association officials on Tuesday for an "update" amid reports that the millionaire businessman's home federation is frustrated over his lackluster campaign.
- US encourages businesses to explore Africa's opportunities Updated: Jan-26-16 10:03 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - U.S. Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker and a slew of American business executives are meeting in Nigeria to encourage trade they say will create jobs on both continents.
- Burkina Faso: 1 suspect still on the run after armory raid Updated: Jan-25-16 9:05 am
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Burkina Faso's army says one suspect remains on the loose following an armory raid last week that officials believe was carried out by members of a disbanded unit loyal to the former president.
- URI works with university in Ghana on sustainable fisheries Updated: Jan-24-16 9:23 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A delegation from a university in Ghana is visiting the University of Rhode Island to expand on an agreement between the schools for cooperative research.
- Leicester signs Ghana international Amartey from Copenhagen Updated: Jan-22-16 1:29 pm
LEICESTER, England - Leicester has signed Ghana international Daniel Amartey from FC Copenhagen.
- UN chief enlists stars and VIPs to promote new UN goals Updated: Jan-19-16 3:31 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has enlisted stars including Shakira, Forest Whitaker and Lionel Messi along with global VIPs to campaign for achievement of the new United Nations development goals by 2030.
- Ex-Guantanamo detainees thank Ghana for taking them in Updated: Jan-12-16 1:25 pm
ACCRA, Ghana - Two former Guantanamo prisoners thanked Ghana for allowing them to settle in the country following their release, as the president of the West African nation sought to quell fears that the men posed any danger.
- Ghana intends to extradite suspect in UK actress slaying Updated: Jan-10-16 3:32 pm
ACCRA, Ghana - Ghanaian authorities intend to extradite a suspect in the slayings of a British actress and her two young sons in London, a senior police official said Sunday.
- Reports: Partner of dead 'EastEnders' actress arrested Updated: Jan-09-16 12:57 pm
LONDON - British media reports say the partner of a former "EastEnders" actress who was murdered along with her two sons has been arrested in Ghana.