- Journalist jailed in Zimbabwe for starting newspaper Updated: Jun-26-15 8:07 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - The attorney for a Zimbabwe journalist says his client was convicted of publishing a newspaper in a southern town without government permission and sentenced to eight months in prison.
- Zimbabwe parks donates bush meat to calm restive prisoners Updated: Jun-24-15 2:15 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - A quarter ton of meat from wild animals could be just the ticket to ending the unrest in Zimbabwe's Chikurubi maximum security prison where inmates have been rioting over their meatless diet.
- Zimbabweans trade in old currency for peanuts Updated: Jun-16-15 9:43 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Harare resident Alice Mhandara spent a U.S. dollar to take the bus into town to answer the government call to trade in her old Zimbabwe dollars, but she left the bank in disgust when her 90 trillion in old currency wouldn't even cover the bus ticket home.
- AU head Mugabe says international court unwelcome in Africa Updated: Jun-16-15 7:19 am
- Count the zeroes: Zimbabwe allows old banknote exchange Updated: Jun-13-15 2:37 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's central bank says banknotes from its old currency, which collapsed and was discarded years ago because of runaway inflation, can be exchanged for American dollars. But 100 trillion Zimbabwean dollars will fetch only 40 U.S. cents.
- At 91, Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe is a frequent flyer Updated: Jun-12-15 11:43 am
JOHANNESBURG - The African president has his hands firmly on the reins of government at home and is frequently on the move, flying around the globe.
- Zimbabwe team misses flight amid payment dispute Updated: Jun-11-15 3:16 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe missed its flight on Thursday for a 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier in Malawi because of a dispute with the national federation over unpaid bonuses and allowances.
- Miss Zimbabwe stripped of her title for posing nude Updated: Jun-11-15 12:59 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Miss Zimbabwe has been officially stripped of her title after photographs emerged of her posing nude, pageant organizers announced.
- Court rules Zimbabwe cannot use force to drive out vendors Updated: Jun-08-15 1:20 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwean troops may not use force to oust thousands of street vendors, the high court ruled on Monday, effectively neutralizing the government's threat to clear the streets.
- Zimbabwean court stops arrests of women at night Updated: Jun-03-15 11:47 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Women in Zimbabwe are starting to venture out at night without fear of being arrested on prostitution charges after the Constitutional Court ruled it was illegal and sexist for police to indiscriminately arrest women on the streets and in public establishments.