- Danish group says abducted Angola employee freed Updated: Apr-26-16 10:18 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish shipping and energy group A.P. Moller-Maersk says an employee in Angola has been released unharmed, four days after he was abducted.
- US says piracy in Gulf of Guinea increasing at alarming rate Updated: Apr-25-16 7:59 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United States warned Monday that piracy and armed robbery are increasing at an alarming rate in the Gulf of Guinea, pointing to reports by industry experts of at least 32 attacks off the coast of Nigeria alone so far this year.
- Spanish rival launches 2nd takeover bid for Portuguese bank Updated: Apr-18-16 6:18 am
LISBON, Portugal - Spain's Caixabank is making its second attempt in just over a year to take control of Banco Portugues do Investimento, launching a crossborder takeover bid Monday that valued the Portuguese bank at 1.62 billion euros ($1.83 billion).
- Congo records 21 yellow fever deaths Updated: Apr-12-16 7:34 am
JOHANNESBURG - The World Health Organization says yellow fever has killed 21 people in Congo, with some of the cases linked to an outbreak first reported in neighboring Angola in December last year.
- Spanish, Angolan rivals reach deal over Portuguese bank Updated: Apr-11-16 6:58 am
LISBON, Portugal - The Lisbon stock exchange suspended trading in shares in Banco Portugues do Investimento as the market awaited details Monday of a takeover agreement between the bank's Spanish and Angolan shareholders.