- VW diesel cars recalled in China, sales halted in Singapore Updated: Oct-12-15 6:44 am
BEIJING - Volkswagen said Monday it is recalling 1,950 diesel vehicles in China to change engine software it has admitted cheats on emissions tests and Singapore suspended sales of the company's diesel cars.
- Florida man to compete in Karaoke World Championship Updated: Oct-11-15 12:58 pm
BARTOW, Florida - A Florida man has qualified to sing at the Karaoke World Championship in Singapore.
- Singapore Airlines jet collapses during checks; no injuries Updated: Oct-11-15 6:28 am
SINGAPORE - A Singapore Airlines jet collapsed Sunday morning with no passengers or crew on board as an engineer conducted routine landing checks before a scheduled flight from Singapore to Hong Kong, the airline said.
- Rosberg takes pole position for Russian GP Updated: Oct-10-15 10:49 am
SOCHI, Russia - Mercedes' Nico Rosberg took pole position for the Russian Grand Prix on Saturday ahead of his teammate and title rival Lewis Hamilton.
- Neighbors turn up the heat on Indonesia over forest fires Updated: Oct-06-15 5:13 am
SINGAPORE - For weeks now, the quality of life in parts of Southeast Asia has been left to sheer chance - the direction of the wind. Every day, it alone determines which city will be shrouded by peaty white smoke blowing from burning forests in Indonesia.
- 4 renal patients die in Singapore hospital from hepatitis C Updated: Oct-06-15 5:06 am
SINGAPORE - A top public hospital in Singapore said Tuesday that four of its patients died after a new renal ward was hit by an outbreak of hepatitis C, likely from intravenous treatment.
- Institute hosting food-grade soybean buyers from Asia Updated: Oct-03-15 2:55 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The Northern Crops Institute is hosting food-grade soybean buyers from Japan, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan next week.
- Thickening haze in Singapore disrupts World Cup swim races Updated: Oct-03-15 11:59 am
SINGAPORE - Worsening smog in Singapore prompted swimming World Cup organizers to cancel 15 finals races just an hour before the session was to start.
- Serena Williams withdraws from WTA Finals and China Open Updated: Oct-01-15 10:42 am
BEIJING - The 2015 season is over for Serena Williams.
- Singapore holds 2 for allegedly trying to join Islamic State Updated: Sep-30-15 9:15 am
SINGAPORE - Singapore's government said Wednesday that it has been holding two of its citizens since August for attempting to make their way to Syria to join the Islamic State group.
- Singapore announces new Cabinet structure in look to future Updated: Sep-28-15 8:50 am
SINGAPORE - Less than three weeks after a landslide general election win by the ruling party, Singapore announced a new Cabinet structure Monday in a pitch for leadership renewal, with some senior officeholders taking on wider coordinating roles overseeing younger ministers.
- Singapore shuts schools, distributes free masks for haze Updated: Sep-24-15 11:33 pm
SINGAPORE - Singapore shut schools Friday and began distributing free anti-pollution masks to the elderly and other vulnerable people as a thick smoky haze cast covered the island-nation with pollution reaching its worst level this year.
- Filipino in Singapore jailed for sedition through Facebook Updated: Sep-21-15 5:19 am
SINGAPORE - A Filipino nurse working in Singapore was sentenced Monday to four months in jail for describing Singaporeans as losers on his Facebook, and subsequently providing false information to police investigators.
- Singaporean jailed 4 years for soccer match-fixing Updated: Sep-21-15 3:52 am
SINGAPORE - A supervisor at a construction company with a match-fixing history was on Monday sentenced to four years in jail for bribing a foreign coach and players in Singapore an attempt to rig a preliminary Southeast Asian Games soccer match.
- US driver Rossi says F1 debut 'pretty special' Updated: Sep-20-15 1:44 pm
SINGAPORE - A slow start and a broken radio were not enough to spoil the Formula One race debut of American driver Alex Rossi on Sunday, as he completed the full distance of the Singapore Grand Prix.
- Fan walks along F1 track during Singapore GP Updated: Sep-20-15 1:00 pm
SINGAPORE - The fan who wandered onto the track during Sunday's Singapore Grand Prix was later arrested by Singapore police.
- Vettel wins Singapore GP to liven up F1 title race Updated: Sep-20-15 12:01 pm
SINGAPORE - Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel overcame the shock of coming across a track intruder mid-race and won the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday, while runaway championship leader Lewis Hamilton suffered his first retirement of the season, injecting new life into the fight for the Formula One title.
- US driver Rossi says F1 race debut is 'very surreal' Updated: Sep-17-15 6:44 am
SINGAPORE - American driver Alexander Rossi is having a "very surreal" time preparing for his Formula One race debut this weekend after signing a deal with the Manor team, becoming the first American to compete in the series since 2007.
- American Alexander Rossi signs for F1 team Manor Marussia Updated: Sep-16-15 12:39 pm
SINGAPORE - Formula One team Manor Marussia has signed American driver Alexander Rossi to race in five of the seven remaining events this season, starting in Singapore this weekend.