- Mario and his Mushroom Kingdom hopping into theme parks Updated: Jun-25-15 1:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - For his next trick, Shigeru Miyamoto is working in reality, not virtual reality.
- Match fixer's accomplice sentenced to 34 months in jail Updated: Jun-23-15 10:12 pm
SINGAPORE - Singapore media is reporting an accomplice of football match-fixer Wilson Raj Perumal has been sentenced to almost three years in jail for passport fraud.
- Azerbaijan interested in running/sponsoring F1 team Updated: Jun-23-15 1:10 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Azerbaijan's sports minister said Tuesday he wants a Formula One team to be run under the national flag, adding the government would support any companies interested in the project.
- Asian powers unconvincing in World Cup qualifying Updated: Jun-17-15 1:24 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The four power teams of Asian football avoided defeat in their opening World Cup qualifiers, yet none put in performances that will dispel the doubts about the strength of the region's teams following their combined winless record at the 2014 World Cup.
- Japan held to 0-0 by Singapore in Asian World Cup qualifier Updated: Jun-16-15 5:21 pm
Japan was held to a surprising goalless draw by visiting Singapore while Guam pulled off only its second World Cup qualifying win when it beat India 2-1 on Tuesday.
- Singapore: US credibility on the line over trade pact Updated: Jun-15-15 6:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Staunch ally Singapore said Monday that U.S. credibility in Asia is on the line amid uncertainty over its participation in a 12-nation free trade pact.
- Indonesia endures 2 big defeats before international ban Updated: Jun-15-15 12:38 pm
SINGAPORE - Aji Santoso couldn't stifle a laugh when he was asked about Indonesia's prospects for the next Southeast Asian Games. As of full-time in a 5-0 loss to Vietnam on Monday in the bronze medal match at the regional mini-Olympic event, Indonesia was banned from all international football competition.
- Indonesia desperate to claim SEA Games gold before isolation Updated: Jun-12-15 6:54 am
SINGAPORE - Indonesia assistant coach Muhamad al Hadad didn't go into the pre-semifinal news conference intending to talk about the political issues that have engulfed football in his country, leading to an international ban that goes into full effect as soon as his team exits the Southeast Asian Games.
- The Yoong ones; ex-F1 driver's siblings skiing at SEA Games Updated: Jun-12-15 5:48 am
SINGAPORE - There's young, and then there's the Yoongs. When it comes to competition, Hanifah Yoong believes that if you're good enough, you're old enough.
- Singing, dancing brotherhood lifting Philippines rugby Updated: Jun-08-15 5:18 am
SINGAPORE - Jolly Gomez devised a unique benchmark for recruiting overseas-born players for the Philippines: If you can remember your mother forcing you to get up and sing in front of the family, you're in.
- Death toll rises to 16 from earthquake on Malaysia mountain Updated: Jun-07-15 9:52 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The death toll from an earthquake that trapped scores of climbers on Malaysia's highest peak rose to 16 Monday as rescuers searched for two Singaporean climbers still missing.
- No joke: 'Neko Hiroshi' Takizaki drenched at SEA Games Updated: Jun-07-15 4:42 am
SINGAPORE - For a comedian, he doesn't do a bad sideline gig as a marathon runner.