- Malaysian politician ousted after criticizing prime minister Updated: Feb-03-16 8:09 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The son of former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad resigned as the top leader of a federal state Wednesday, saying he was ousted because he had criticized Prime Minister Najib Razak over a $700 million financial scandal.
- Furyk opts for wrist surgery, will miss 3 months and Masters Updated: Feb-02-16 1:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - Jim Furyk was No. 7 in the world, No. 9 in the FedEx Cup standings and already assured a spot on the Presidents Cup team when he tied for fourth in the Deutsche Bank Championship for his seventh top 10 of the year.
- Singapore seizes bank accounts in Malaysian fund probe Updated: Feb-01-16 10:41 am
SINGAPORE - Singapore announced Monday that it has seized a large number of bank accounts in a probe into alleged misappropriations related to an indebted Malaysian state investment fund.
- Chinese ship with advanced sonar to search for Flight 370 Updated: Jan-29-16 12:23 am
CANBERRA, Australia - A Chinese ship equipped with advanced sonar equipment will soon join the search for the Malaysian airliner believed to have crashed in the southern Indian Ocean almost two years ago, an official said on Friday.
- The Latest: Navy commander pleads guilty in bribery case Updated: Jan-28-16 7:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - 4 p.m.
- Spieth takes early share of lead at Singapore Open Updated: Jan-28-16 6:49 am
SINGAPORE - A good night's sleep and a helping hand from his manager was all Jordan Spieth needed to get back in the swing of things on the latest leg of his globe-trotting tour.
- PM says Singapore will allow more opposition lawmakers Updated: Jan-27-16 9:22 am
SINGAPORE - Singapore's prime minister on Wednesday announced constitutional amendments that would result in more opposition politicians in Parliament, long dominated by his ruling People's Action Party.
- Jordan Spieth's international tour continues in Singapore Updated: Jan-26-16 12:05 am
SINGAPORE - Jordan Spieth's worldwide golf adventure continues this week at the Singapore Open, where he says the weather reminds him a bit of his home state of Texas.
- Singapore deports 26 Bangladeshis as suspected militants Updated: Jan-20-16 5:56 am
SINGAPORE - Singapore on Wednesday said it had arrested and deported 26 Bangladeshi construction workers for forming a religious study group that spread the ideology of al-Qaeda and the Islamic State group.
- China's Taiwan office deputy head under investigation Updated: Jan-20-16 5:41 am
BEIJING - A deputy head of the Chinese Cabinet's Taiwan Affairs Office has been placed under investigation for apparent corruption amid renewed scrutiny of Beijing's policies toward the island following its election of a new independence-leaning president.
- Singapore parliament convenes in post-Lee Kuan Yew era Updated: Jan-15-16 3:31 am
SINGAPORE - A new parliament has convened in Singapore, capping a transition to an era without the wealthy city-state's founder, Lee Kuan Yew, who died last March.
- Gillian Wong named AP's news director for greater China Updated: Jan-11-16 3:27 am
BANGKOK - Gillian Wong, a veteran journalist who has spent more than a decade reporting on China and elsewhere in Asia, is returning to The Associated Press to lead its coverage of the world's most populous nation and second-largest economy.
- Radwanska defeats Riske for Shenzhen Open title Updated: Jan-09-16 3:14 am
SHENZHEN, China - Agnieszka Radwanska scored a comfortable 6-3, 6-2 victory over Alison Riske of the United States on Saturday to win the Shenzhen Open.