- Traditional Polynesian canoe Hokulea lands in Bali Updated: Aug-02-15 1:29 pm
HONOLULU - The traditional Polynesian voyaging canoe Hokulea arrived in Bali Thursday after the latest leg of its around-the-world journey.
- Strong earthquake rocks Indonesia's Papua province Updated: Jul-28-15 12:07 am
JAYAPURA, Indonesia - A strong earthquake struck Indonesia's easternmost province of Papua early Tuesday panicking people with at least one teenager missing after possibly drowning in a river. Several buildings and houses were either destroyed or damaged.
- Worldwide strengthening El Nino giveth and taketh away Updated: Jul-27-15 4:37 pm
WASHINGTON - In California, they're counting on it to end an historic drought; in Peru, they've already declared a pre-emptive emergency to prepare for devastating flooding. It's both an economic stimulus and a recession-maker. And it's likely to increase the price of coffee, chocolate and sugar.
- AP Exclusive: AP tracks slave boats to Papua New Guinea Updated: Jul-27-15 9:16 am
YANGON, Myanmar - From space, the fishing boats are just little white specks floating in a vast stretch of blue water off Papua New Guinea. But zoom in and there's the critical evidence: Two trawlers loading slave-caught seafood onto a massive refrigerated cargo ship.
- Roma players refused entry to Indonesia, no reason given Updated: Jul-25-15 3:07 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Five Roma players have been denied entry to Indonesia during the club's preseason tour and have been forced to fly back to Italy.
- Eruptions of ash at 5 volcanoes shroud skies in Indonesia Updated: Jul-22-15 6:55 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Eruptions of ash at five volcanoes shrouded the skies over parts of the Indonesian archipelago Wednesday, forcing three airports to close.
- Swim Week's bikinis swarm Miami Beach Updated: Jul-18-15 8:14 pm
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - As if there were a shortage of bikinis at Miami Beach, Swim Week is in full swing and invading the city's bustling streets with next year's hottest swimwear must-haves.
- Iowa businessman convicted of fraud over halal beef exports Updated: Jul-13-15 7:07 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A prominent Iowa businessman was found guilty Monday of falsifying documents as part of a scheme to export beef to Malaysia and Indonesia that didn't meet those countries' strict slaughter standards.
- 3 Chinese Uighurs get 6 years over terrorism in Indonesia Updated: Jul-13-15 5:38 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - An Indonesian court on Monday sentenced three members of China's ethnic Uighur minority community to six years in prison after finding them guilty of conspiring with Indonesian militants, including a fugitive who is on the nation's most-wanted list.
- Eruption of Indonesian volcano sparks travel chaos Updated: Jul-11-15 1:16 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Ash spewing from a volcano on Indonesia's main island of Java sparked chaos for holidaymakers as airports closed and international airlines canceled flights to tourist hotspot Bali, stranding thousands.
- Police say low-explosive bomb caused blast at Indonesia mall Updated: Jul-10-15 11:05 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesian police said Friday a low-explosive homemade bomb caused a blast at a shopping mall southwest of the capital.
- Pacquiao seeks mercy for Filipino on death row in Indonesia Updated: Jul-10-15 4:57 am
MANILA, Philippines - Boxing icon Manny Pacquiao prayed with a Filipino woman on death row in Indonesia and promised to appeal for clemency in the latest bid from her country to save her.
- Documents reveal details of Chicago woman's killing in Bali Updated: Jul-06-15 3:05 pm
CHICAGO - A man convicted of killing a Chicago woman in Bali arrived on the island hours before the killing and checked into a resort using her credit card, according to Indonesian court documents.