- Angelina Jolie film paying tribute to land of her son Maddox Updated: Jul-28-15 12:46 pm
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodia helped Angelina Jolie become a film superstar and start a family. To tell the stories of people in the country that touched her, she is directing a Netflix film on location based on a memoir of the country's 1970s holocaust under the communist Khmer Rouge, blamed for the deaths of 1.7 million people.
- Cambodian Senate OKs restrictions on non-government groups Updated: Jul-24-15 10:25 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodia's Senate on Friday approved tight restrictions on non-governmental organizations, rejecting appeals from rights groups that say the law could be used for political repression.
- Cambodia opposition party members sentenced for insurrection Updated: Jul-21-15 11:04 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Eleven members of the opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party were sentenced Tuesday to long prison terms after a court convicted them of insurrection over a protest last year that turned violent.
- Cambodia tycoon arrested amid outrage over attack of actress Updated: Jul-18-15 7:55 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - A Cambodian real estate magnate whose violent assault of a female TV star was captured on video was arrested Saturday, authorities said, in a case that has sparked national outrage.
- 2 former Khmer Rouge leaders appeal convictions Updated: Jul-02-15 6:55 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - The two surviving senior leaders of Cambodia's former Khmer Rouge regime launched appeals Thursday of their convictions by a U.N.-backed tribunal that sentenced them to life in prison for their roles during the group's brutal rule in the 1970s.