- Pakistan cricket says government to decide on India series Updated: Nov-25-15 9:43 am
ISLAMABAD - It is up to the Pakistan government to green-light the series against India next month, the Pakistan Cricket Board said on Wednesday.
- Pakistani fighter jet crashes, killing woman co-pilot Updated: Nov-24-15 11:14 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's Air Force says a fighter jet has crashed during a routine training exercise and that the aircraft's female co-pilot died following the crash.
- Bangladesh angry over Pakistan's criticism of executions Updated: Nov-23-15 8:13 am
NEW DELHI - Bangladesh accused Pakistan on Monday of interfering in its internal affairs by criticizing the execution of two opposition leaders for alleged war crimes during the country's 1971 war of independence.
- 5.9 magnitude earthquake hits NE Afghanistan Updated: Nov-22-15 4:09 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The U.S. Geological Survey is reporting that a magnitude 5.9 earthquake has hit northeastern Afghanistan near the border with Pakistan and Tajikistan. There were no immediate reports of casualties.
- Afghan probe finds leadership failure behind fall of Kunduz Updated: Nov-21-15 9:40 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Weak leadership, misuse of resources and lack of coordination between Afghan security services were the main reasons a strategic northern city briefly fell to the Taliban, the head of an investigative team said Saturday.
- Family says Pakistan to execute paraplegic man within days Updated: Nov-21-15 8:33 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's only paraplegic death-row inmate will be executed in the coming days at a high-security prison in the industrial city of Faisalabad, his mother and an international rights group said Saturday.
- US criticism grows over Bangladesh war crimes tribunal Updated: Nov-20-15 8:25 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States is sharpening its criticism of Bangladesh's tribunal on war crimes after death sentences were upheld this week against two influential opposition leaders.
- Buttler hits 46-ball ton, England beats Pakistan in 4th ODI Updated: Nov-20-15 3:07 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Wicketkeeper Jos Buttler smashed the fastest one-day international century by an England batsman as his team beat Pakistan by 84 runs in the fourth ODI on Friday to clinch the four-match series 3-1.
- Akmal back in Pak T20 squad, Wasim ruled out due to injury Updated: Nov-20-15 8:07 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan summoned Umar Akmal in the Twenty20 squad for the series against England and ruled allrounder Imad Wasim out of the three-match series due to a broken little finger on his left hand.
- Top Pakistani model appears in court, denies smuggling money Updated: Nov-19-15 5:55 am
ISLAMABAD - A top Pakistani fashion model appeared in court on Thursday and dismissed charges that she attempted to fly to Dubai with half a million dollars in cash stashed in her luggage, her defense lawyer said.
- Passenger train derails in southwestern Pakistan, killing 12 Updated: Nov-17-15 5:06 am
QUETTA, Pakistan - A train carrying 280 passengers derailed in a remote area of southwestern Pakistan on Tuesday, killing the train driver and 11 passengers and injuring at least 57 people, officials said.
- Paris attacks reaction: Nordic governments condemn attacks Updated: Nov-14-15 5:50 am
PARIS - World leaders are reacting to the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II. Some of their comments:
- Pakistan tells US envoys it hopes to revive Afghan talks Updated: Nov-11-15 6:48 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistani officials told visiting U.S. envoys on Wednesday that Islamabad hopes to revive peace talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban that collapsed earlier this year.
- Turkmenistan and Afghanistan to lay new pipeline Updated: Nov-10-15 6:44 am
ASHGABAT, Turkmenistan - Turkmenistan and Afghanistan have agreed to jointly launch the construction of a multi-billion dollar pipeline that will pump natural gas from Turkmenistan through Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, Turkmen state media reported Tuesday.
- 1 dead in Kashmir protest as India's leader promises aid Updated: Nov-07-15 10:58 am
SRINAGAR, India - Protesters clashed with government troops in Indian-controlled Kashmir on Saturday, killing one demonstrator, shortly after Prime Minister Narendra Modi ended a daylong visit in which he promised $12 billion in aid to the troubled region.
- Death toll from building collapse in Pakistan rises to 37 Updated: Nov-07-15 3:46 am
ISLAMABAD - A government official says death toll from a collapsed factory building in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore has risen to 37 after rescuers found more bodies in the rubble.
- Indian police detain hundreds before Modi visits Kashmir Updated: Nov-04-15 6:21 am
SRINAGAR, India - Indian authorities detained key separatist leaders and hundreds of their supporters to prevent them from holding a protest rally during a visit by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Kashmir this weekend, police said Wednesday.
- Pakistan cricket legend Imran Khan and wife file for divorce Updated: Oct-30-15 7:53 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan cricket legend-turned-politician Imran Khan and his second wife have decided to part ways and are filing for divorce, the couple said Friday.
- Protests hit Kashmir after India says it killed top rebel Updated: Oct-29-15 4:15 am
SRINAGAR, India - A top rebel leader in Kashmir was killed in a gunbattle with Indian forces Thursday, triggering street protests in the disputed Himalayan region, police said.
- The Latest: UN mobilizing to aid quake victims Updated: Oct-26-15 3:35 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest on a powerful earthquake in Afghanistan felt across South Asia (all times local).
- Woman back in India 12 years after straying into Pakistan Updated: Oct-26-15 8:14 am
NEW DELHI - Twelve years ago, a deaf and mute 11-year-old girl crossed the Indian border into Pakistan. On Monday, finally, she flew home to a warm and emotional welcome.