- Climbers who found remains of renowned mountaineer return Updated: May-30-16 7:53 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - A Swiss climber who found the long-lost bodies of a renowned mountaineer and his cameraman on one of the world's tallest mountains said it took days for him and his climbing partner to realize whom they had found.
- Nepal honors 9 Sherpas who paved way for Everest climbers Updated: May-29-16 4:47 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal celebrated Everest Day on Sunday by honoring nine Sherpa guides who fixed ropes and dug the route to the summit so hundreds of climbers could scale the world's highest mountain this month, following two years of disasters.
- Ames company seeks to use dehydrator to stop food waste Updated: May-28-16 5:49 pm
AMES, Iowa - An Ames-based company is peddling a mobile food dehydrator in an effort to stop food waste around the globe.
- Death on Everest leads to risky effort to recover bodies Updated: May-28-16 8:20 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - The mountain is speckled with corpses.
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest after 2 die Updated: May-22-16 11:54 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Two Indian climbers have gone missing on Mount Everest, an expedition organizer said Sunday, a day after two deaths from apparent altitude sickness were reported, underscoring the risks on the world's highest mountain.
- Sherpa from Connecticut climbs Everest record 7th time Updated: May-20-16 7:12 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - A convenience store worker from Connecticut scaled Mount Everest on Friday for a seventh time, breaking her own record as the most successful female climber of the world's highest peak, expedition organizers said.
- Detention of Briton sparks concerns over Nepal's democracy Updated: May-17-16 9:13 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal has detained a British man over his alleged participation in an anti-government protest, just two weeks after expelling a Canadian for criticizing the government on social media.
- Nepal ethnic protesters clash with police for 2nd day Updated: May-16-16 2:45 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Supporters of ethnic minority groups demanding changes in Nepal's new constitution clashed with police Monday and blocked main streets near the prime minister's office, as their newly started protests entered their second day.
- Beware Everest graffiti artists, China is watching you Updated: May-11-16 1:36 pm
BEIJING - Next time you leave silly messages on the world's highest mountain, beware: China is watching you.
- Winners announced in 2016 Louisiana-Mississippi APME contest Updated: May-07-16 3:48 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Winners of the Louisiana-Mississippi Associated Press Media Editors contest were announced Saturday in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The Louisiana-Mississippi APME awards recognize outstanding performance in journalism. The Louisiana-Mississippi APME college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college journalism.
- Lawyer: Canadian to leave Nepal after work visa revoked Updated: May-05-16 6:48 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - A Canadian man will leave Nepal on Thursday after a court failed to hear his appeal for the revocation of his work visa over critical social media posts, his lawyer said.
- Bodies of elite climber, cameraman found in melting glacier Updated: May-01-16 2:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - The bodies of a renowned mountain climber and expedition cameraman who were buried in a Himalayan avalanche 16 years ago have been found.