- Local residents open main blocked India-Nepal border point Updated: Feb-05-16 7:12 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Vehicles passed through the main border point between Nepal and India on Friday after frustrated local residents forcefully removed barriers set up by ethnic protesters who blockaded the border to demand changes in the new constitution.
- Expert: Parents often won't take surrogate kids with defects Updated: Feb-03-16 11:36 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - A newborn Down syndrome baby left by his Australian biological father with his poor surrogate mother in Thailand was one of several cases of surrogate children abandoned because of defects, an expert told a parliamentary inquiry on Thursday.
- Dartmouth College to host summit on rebuilding Nepal Updated: Jan-25-16 3:43 pm
HANOVER, New Hampshire - Dartmouth College plans to host a summit next month on the rebuilding of Nepal after an earthquake last year.
- Leopard enters Nepal suburb, injures 1 person Updated: Jan-22-16 7:43 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Officials say a leopard has wandered into a suburb south of Nepal's capital and attacked a man who was walking along a road.
- Snow blankets Nepal villages at center of last year's quake Updated: Jan-20-16 1:17 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Villages near the epicenter of a massive earthquake last year in Nepal have been blanketed with snow, making life miserable for people still living in temporary shelters and huts, officials said Wednesday.
- Nepal formally begins much delayed earthquake reconstruction Updated: Jan-16-16 7:49 am
BUNGMATI, Nepal - Nepal officially launched the much-delayed reconstruction of about 1 million homes and buildings Saturday nearly nine months after they were damaged by devastating earthquake which killed 9,000 people.