- Maldives minister says boat blast likely targeted president Updated: Sep-29-15 6:01 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The top diplomat of the Maldives said Tuesday an explosion on the boat of the island nation's leader was likely a targeted attack.
- Multinational experts to handle Maldives boat blast probe Updated: Sep-28-15 2:49 pm
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - A minister from the Maldives said investigations into Monday's blast on President Yameen Abdul Gayoom's speedboat will soon be taken over by multinational experts.
- Maldives criticizes UN's call to free jailed ex-president Updated: Sep-15-15 6:39 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - The Maldives criticized the U.N. human rights chief's call to release the country's imprisoned former president, calling it an effort to circumvent rule of law.
- Lawyers: We will pursue sanctions against Maldives Updated: Sep-10-15 2:47 pm
MALE, Maldives - A team of human rights lawyers said Thursday they will seek international sanctions and travel bans against the Maldives as part of its efforts to secure the release of the country's jailed former president.
- Syria scores easy win in World Cup Asian qualifiers Updated: Sep-08-15 10:20 am
TOKYO - War-torn Syria's national soccer team won its third straight World Cup qualifying match on Tuesday, routing Cambodia 6-0 in Phnom Penh.