- Bangladesh police questioning 12 al-Qaida suspects Updated: Jul-03-15 10:04 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A Bangladesh court on Friday gave police three days to question 12 suspected members of al-Qaida's branch in the Indian subcontinent after their arrests in raids this week.
- Bangladesh-based poverty group founder wins World Food Prize Updated: Jul-01-15 2:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A man who created a nonprofit organization credited with helping more than 150 million people out of poverty was named the winner of the 2015 World Food Prize on Wednesday.
- Japan held to 0-0 by Singapore in Asian World Cup qualifier Updated: Jun-16-15 5:21 pm
Japan was held to a surprising goalless draw by visiting Singapore while Guam pulled off only its second World Cup qualifying win when it beat India 2-1 on Tuesday.
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for 1971 war collaborator Updated: Jun-16-15 8:14 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Bangladesh's Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld the death sentence of a top Islamist party leader for war crimes and crimes against humanity during the independence war against Pakistan in 1971.
- India and Bangladesh finalize long-delayed land swap deal Updated: Jun-06-15 10:02 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - India and Bangladesh on Saturday finalized a much-delayed land swap agreement to settle a long-running border dispute.