- Venezuela first lady runs for congress; spouse's foe blocked Updated: Aug-03-15 7:43 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's first lady will run for congress while an opposition leader has been formally barred from the contest.
- Venezuela governor: 1 killed during supermarket looting Updated: Jul-31-15 8:38 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - A man was killed and dozens were arrested Friday as a mob looted a supermarket and other shops in an industrial Venezuelan city, Bolivar state authorities said.
- Currency crisis has Venezuelans struggling to call abroad Updated: Jul-31-15 12:04 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelans are struggling to call abroad as telephone carriers fall behind on payments to international partners amid a currency crisis that is leaving the country increasingly cut off from the rest of the world.
- Venezuela occupies food warehouse of biggest private company Updated: Jul-30-15 8:49 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's largest food distributor on Thursday denounced the government occupation of a Caracas warehouse amid accusations that the company is hoarding goods.
- Colombia-Venezuela border closed after merchant's death Updated: Jul-29-15 7:25 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombian street vendors clashed for hours with Venezuela's national guard Wednesday after an alleged Colombian smuggler was killed, leading authorities to briefly close the main border crossing between the two countries.
- Spain summons Venezuelan ambassador over president's remarks Updated: Jul-28-15 4:27 am
MADRID - The Spanish foreign ministry has summoned the Venezuelan ambassador to once again protest comments by Venezuela's president against Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy.
- Venezuela arrests 2 military officers for drug trafficking Updated: Jul-21-15 9:49 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Two retired Venezuelan military officers sought on drug trafficking charges have been arrested, authorities announced.
- Venezuela orders producers to divert food to state stores Updated: Jul-20-15 9:43 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - A food industry group said Monday that Venezuela's government has ordered companies to distribute food staples to a network of state-run supermarkets amid chronic shortages of basic goods.
- Women's baseball makes history with debut at Pan Am Games Updated: Jul-20-15 7:35 pm
TORONTO - Women's baseball made history Monday at the Pan Am Games, the first time it's been played in a large, multi-sport event.
- AP Exclusive: Palestinians quit medical study in Venezuela Updated: Jul-16-15 8:10 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - The Palestinian students were greeted like celebrities upon arrival in Caracas. President Nicolas Maduro wore a kaffiyeh headdress and played up their symbolic importance during an address broadcast across the socialist South American country.
- Venezuela: Anti-crime offensive kills 14 suspects in Caracas Updated: Jul-13-15 11:43 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan officials say an offensive against criminal organizations in the capital has killed 14 suspects and brought 236 arrests over the past two days.
- Venezuela to stop buying rice from Guyana amid dispute Updated: Jul-09-15 5:56 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Venezuela has decided to stop buying much of Guyana's rice crop amid an escalating border dispute between the South American neighbors, the Guyanese finance minister said Thursday.
- Venezuela recalls ambassador in Guyana amid border dispute Updated: Jul-06-15 10:22 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - President Nicolas Maduro announced Monday that he was recalling Venezuela's ambassador in neighboring Guyana for consultation amid mounting tensions over their disputed border.
- The Latest: Pope makes surprise foray outside his residence Updated: Jul-05-15 9:44 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Here are the latest developments from Pope Francis' trip to South America: