- Peru declares emergency over mercury contamination Updated: May-23-16 6:42 pm
LIMA, Peru - Peru's government declared an emergency across a broad jungle region Monday because of mercury contamination caused by wildcat gold mining.
- Fujimori hit by money laundering probe before Peru election Updated: May-21-16 12:02 am
LIMA, Peru - Peru's tight presidential race took a surprise turn Friday when prosecutors confirmed they've opened a preliminary investigation against front-runner Keiko Fujimori and her American husband for money laundering.
- Federal panel: Pacific trade pact would deliver modest gains Updated: May-18-16 6:58 pm
WASHINGTON - A contentious trade deal between the United States and 11 Pacific Rim nations would give the U.S. economy a modest boost, an independent federal agency reported Wednesday.
- Peru presidential candidate denies money laundering Updated: May-16-16 8:23 pm
LIMA, Peru - Presidential candidate Keiko Fujimori denied a news report that raised questions about whether she was involved in money laundering.
- Peru to expel British woman convicted for drugs trafficking Updated: May-14-16 9:22 am
LIMA, Peru - A British woman who was sentenced to six years and eight months in prison for drug trafficking will be deported back to Britain, Peru's judicial authority has said.
- Colombia deports man called Peru's most-wanted drug criminal Updated: May-01-16 6:26 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombian police on Sunday announced the capture of an alleged dangerous drug lord described as Peru's most-wanted criminal.
- 33 lions saved from South American circuses heading home Updated: Apr-26-16 7:33 pm
LIMA, Peru - Thirty-three lions rescued from circuses in Peru and Colombia are heading back to their homeland to live out the rest of their lives in a private sanctuary in South Africa.