- Guyana rushes water to indigenous area hit by dry spell Updated: Oct-07-15 4:08 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Officials in the South American country of Guyana are rushing water to parched areas as indigenous communities struggle with dry wells and withered crops.
- Venezuela, Guyana to restore ambassadors amid border dispute Updated: Sep-27-15 11:15 pm
UNITED NATIONS - After a tense meeting, the presidents of Venezuela and Guyana agreed Sunday to restore ambassadors and hold talks to resolve a long-running border dispute that flared up recently following the discovery of oil in disputed waters.
- Venezuela president says he'll meet with Guyana leader at UN Updated: Sep-25-15 6:13 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro says he plans to meet with Guyanese President David Granger in New York to discuss a border dispute between the two South American nations.
- Guyana launches military exercises amid Venezuela dispute Updated: Sep-25-15 10:24 am
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Guyana is conducting military exercises as relations with neighboring Venezuela sour over a border dispute.
- Guyana says Venezuela deploys troops to disputed border Updated: Sep-22-15 6:47 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Guyana President David Granger said Tuesday that Venezuela has deployed troops to a contested border region in what he called a "dangerous" escalation of a long-running dispute between the South American nations.
- Canadian company opens large-scale gold mine in Guyana Updated: Sep-16-15 1:56 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - A Canadian company has opened a large-scale gold mine in a remote section of Guyana.