- 2 globe-trotting college professors bring world to class Updated: Oct-03-15 9:41 am
MIDDLETOWN, Virginia - When Ann and Robert "Rob" Simpson took a group of Lord Fairfax Community College students to the Galapagos Islands for a three-week educational visit, their tour guide showed up in a mini skirt and go-go boots.
- Aguilera connects with roots on Ecuador hunger relief trip Updated: Sep-29-15 2:37 pm
NEW YORK - Christina Aguilera has visited Haiti, Rwanda and Guatemala on relief effort trips, but last week in Ecuador she not only offered support to struggling and hungry children - she also connected with her roots.
- Ecuador government drops plan to shut down press watchdog Updated: Sep-25-15 4:25 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuador's communications secretariat has halted proceedings to shut down the country's last remaining independent press watchdog, Fundamedios, nearly three weeks after saying it would be dissolved due to alleged partisan political activities.
- Colombia, Venezuela agree to send ambassadors back to posts Updated: Sep-21-15 9:37 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Colombia and Venezuela agreed Monday to redeploy ambassadors who were withdrawn in a month-old dispute that has paralyzed trade and movement along their border.
- Ecuadorean sentenced to 6 months in prison for jaguar kill Updated: Sep-11-15 10:38 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuador's environment ministry says a man who killed a jaguar and posted photos of the corpse on Facebook has been sentenced to six months in prison for killing a member of an endangered species.
- US critical of Ecuador over free speech Updated: Sep-10-15 2:59 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - The U.S. State Department is expressing concern about what it calls increasing restrictions on freedom of expression and association in Ecuador.
- Canada dismisses Chevron appeal in Ecuador rainforest case Updated: Sep-04-15 3:19 pm
TORONTO - The Supreme Court of Canada on Friday dismissed an attempt by oil giant Chevron to block Ecuadorian villagers from using an Ontario court to collect billions in damages over rainforest pollution.