- Opponents of Ecuador president march in biggest city Updated: Jun-25-15 8:42 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Thousands of Ecuadoreans filled the main downtown avenues in the coastal city of Guayaquil on Thursday to protest against the policies and governing style of populist President Rafael Correa.
- Speed the 150-year-old tortoise dies at San Diego Zoo Updated: Jun-20-15 6:02 pm
SAN DIEGO - One of San Diego's oldest residents has died.
- Mexico eliminated from Copa America in 2-1 loss to Ecuador Updated: Jun-19-15 9:23 pm
RANCAGUA, Chile - Mexico was eliminated from the Copa America with a 2-1 loss to Ecuador on Friday in the final Group A match in the Copa America.
- Julian Assange marks 3rd anniversary inside Ecuador embassy Updated: Jun-19-15 1:28 pm
LONDON - Julian Assange marked three years inside Ecuador's London embassy Friday, still facing arrest should he ever step outside.
- Japan beats Ecuador 1-0, tops group with perfect record Updated: Jun-16-15 7:20 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Yuki Ogimi scored in the fifth minute and defending champion Japan beat Ecuador 1-0 on Tuesday to become the first team to win all three of its matches in the group stage of this year's Women's World Cup.
- Host Chile held to 3-3 draw by Mexico at Copa America Updated: Jun-15-15 10:48 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Arturo Vidal scored two goals and set up another, but host Chile was held to a 3-3 draw by Mexico in a thrilling Copa America match on Monday.
- Bolivia upsets Ecuador 3-2 with 3 first-half goals Updated: Jun-15-15 9:14 pm
VALPARAISO, Chile - Bolivia scored three unanswered first-half goals and held on for a 3-2 victory over Ecuador on Monday in Group A of the Copa America to record its first victory in the competition in 18 years.
- Humm, Bachmann lead Switzerland past Ecuador 10-1 Updated: Jun-12-15 9:09 pm
Fabienne Humm and Ramona Bachmann both had second-half hat tricks as Switzerland earned its first women's World Cup victory with a 10-1 victory over Ecuador on Friday at Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Galapagos paralyzed as islanders protest losing subsidies Updated: Jun-12-15 4:58 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Flights to the Galapagos islands were canceled for the day and Ecuadorean soldiers fired tear gas to clear roads blocked by residents protesting cost-cutting legislation that will strip them of subsidies they call essential to absorb high living costs.
- Host Chile beats Ecuador 2-0 in Copa America opener Updated: Jun-11-15 10:14 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Arturo Vidal and Eduardo Vargas scored second-half goals to give Chile a 2-0 win over Ecuador on Thursday in the opening match of a Copa America that got underway amid the corruption investigation involving local football officials.
- US college players dot other nations' rosters at World Cup Updated: Jun-10-15 5:53 pm
Mariela Jacome was in Ecuador visiting her grandmother after wrapping up her first season at St. John's when her uncle suggested she should go kick the ball around with the country's national team.
- Cameroon routs Ecuador 6-0 behind Enganamouit hat trick Updated: Jun-08-15 9:26 pm
Cameroon scored three goals in a nine-minute stretch late in the first half and routed Ecuador 6-0 Monday at Vancouver, British Columbia, in the Women's World Cup debuts for both nations.