- Ecuadorean jetliner skids off runway landing in heavy rain Updated: Apr-28-16 2:00 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - A plane with 93 people on board has skidded off a runway while landing during heavy rain at an airport in southern Ecuador.
- China sends 4 planeloads of aid to quake-ravaged Ecuador Updated: Apr-27-16 4:00 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - China's government has sent four plane loads of aid worth over $9 million to tens of thousands left homeless by this month's powerful earthquake in Ecuador
- US targets 11 countries for lax copyright protection Updated: Apr-27-16 9:35 am
WASHINGTON - China, Russia and India are among 11 countries targeted by the Obama administration for leaving American producers of music, movies and other copyrighted material open to rampant piracy.
- UVM lab hosts volunteers assisting in Ecuador relief effort Updated: Apr-26-16 4:44 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - While humanitarian workers descended upon Ecuador after a 7.8 magnitude earthquake rocked the country, volunteers were busy helping relief efforts at a University of Vermont computer lab.
- 2 NY natives recovering from Ecuador earthquake injuries Updated: Apr-25-16 9:35 am
PLATTSBURGH, New York - Two northern New York natives are recovering from serious injuries suffered in the earthquake that hit Ecuador earlier this month.
- Death toll from Ecuador earthquake tops 650 Updated: Apr-23-16 11:32 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - The death toll from last week's magnitude-7.8 earthquake that flattened towns along Ecuador's coast has risen to 654 with another 58 people missing, the government said Saturday.
- Lucky duck pulled from rubble 5 days after Ecuador quake Updated: Apr-21-16 1:41 pm
PEDERNALES, Ecuador - Rescuers searching through quake-collapsed buildings in Ecuador have found an unusual survivor: A flapping duck that had been buried under a pile of rubble.
- The Latest: Ecuador to raise taxes to fund quake recovery Updated: Apr-20-16 9:19 pm
MONTECRISTI, Ecuador - The latest on the impact of the Ecuadorean earthquake (all times local):
- Lenexa-based nonprofit sending team to Ecuador Updated: Apr-17-16 4:26 pm
LENEXA, Kansas - A suburban Kansas City nonprofit has sent an official team to Ecuador to determine what type of medical assistance the group can provide in the wake of the deadly earthquake.
- The Latest: Protesters: Trump's visit opens old wounds Updated: Apr-14-16 6:41 pm
PATCHOGUE, New York - The Latest on Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's appearance at a fundraising gala on Long Island: (all times local):
- Trump visit roils town still healing from Latino's killing Updated: Apr-14-16 1:44 am
PATCHOGUE, New York - Some Latinos are decrying Donald Trump's planned appearance at a Republican fundraiser in suburban New York days ahead of the state's primary.
- Indigenous group asks Brazil to stop financing mega-projects Updated: Apr-13-16 6:43 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - A group representing Amazon indigenous people urged Brazil's National Development Bank on Wednesday to stop financing projects that cause environmental damage.