- Police raid drug-infested 'Bronx' in Colombia's capital Updated: May-30-16 11:34 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - The streets of Colombia's largest open-air drug market look like a war zone following a police sweep through one of Bogota's most dangerous neighborhoods.
- Pajon, Daudet win BMX titles; Post, Long qualify for US team Updated: May-29-16 8:51 pm
MEDELLIN, Colombia - Mariana Pajon of Colombia has won the women's elite race at the BMX world championships, while Joris Daudet of France took the men's title.
- Pulisic gets 1st goal as US tops Bolivia 4-0 in Copa tuneup Updated: May-29-16 1:54 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Six weeks after becoming the youngest foreigner to score in the Bundesliga, 17-year-old Christian Pulisic became the youngest American in the modern era to get a goal for the national team.
- Colombian rebels free Spanish journalist, 2 others Updated: May-27-16 10:29 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Leftist rebels have freed a Spanish correspondent and two other journalists who went missing in a lawless region of Colombia, ending a weeklong saga that recalled some of the darkest days of a long-running conflict the South American nation is trying to move beyond.
- Carlos Vives feels like a kid riding a bike with Shakira Updated: May-27-16 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Carlos Vives hopes the video for "La bicicleta (The bicycle)" that he and Shakira shot recently in Colombia will reflect how much fun the pair had filming it.
- EU committing $645 million to Colombia's peacebuilding Updated: May-27-16 7:49 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union has committed to provide Colombia with a package of 575 million euros ($645 million) to help the nation recover from a half century of civil war.
- Man convicted of trying to sell weapons to Colombia rebels Updated: May-25-16 9:32 pm
NEW YORK - A Romanian citizen has been convicted in New York of conspiring to sell military-grade weapons in Europe to informants who said they wanted to shoot down American helicopters in Colombia.
- Venezuela breaks up drug ring, seized 3.4 tons of cocaine Updated: May-25-16 5:41 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Authorities in Venezuela say they dismantled a drug-trafficking ring with links to a Mexican cartel after seizing more than 3.4 metric tons of cocaine.
- 2 more journalists go missing in lawless area of Colombia Updated: May-24-16 9:27 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Two more journalists were reported missing Tuesday in a lawless region where Colombian security forces were already carrying out an extensive search for a prominent Spanish journalist who disappeared over the weekend.
- New report says health facilities attacked in 19 countries Updated: May-23-16 8:53 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Deliberate or indiscriminate attacks have decimated health facilities, killed medical workers and patients, and deprived countless civilians of care in 19 countries during 2015 and the first three months of 2016, a coalition of more than 30 health and humanitarian organizations said in a new report released Monday.
- Nobel author Garcia Marquez's ashes returned to Colombia Updated: May-22-16 10:11 pm
CARTAGENA, Colombia - The ashes of Nobel Prize-winning novelist Gabriel Garcia Marquez have been laid to rest in the historic Caribbean port city of Cartagena, Colombia, where he began his writing career.
- Eruption at Colombian volcano forces airport closure Updated: May-22-16 11:58 am
BOGOTA, Colombia - An eruption at the towering Nevado del Ruiz volcano has forced the closure of a regional airport in western Colombia.
- Colombia: 5 cases of Zika-associated microcephaly this year Updated: May-21-16 2:46 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombian authorities are reporting that five babies have been born in the country this year with microcephaly associated with the rapidly spreading Zika virus.
- Sugary soft drinks nixed at Colombia's elementary schools Updated: May-20-16 2:27 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Sugary soft drinks are being pulled from elementary schools in Colombia in a bid to instill better dietary habits at a young age
- Argentine court OKs sending drug suspect to US; can appeal Updated: May-20-16 11:41 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine judge has approved the extradition of a suspected Colombian drug boss to face cocaine trafficking charges in the U.S. District Court of southern Florida.
- Colombia battles world's biggest drugmaker over cancer drug Updated: May-18-16 5:47 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombia's government is giving pharmaceutical giant Novartis a few weeks to lower prices on a popular cancer drug or see its monopoly on production of the medicine broken and competition thrown open to generic rivals.
- Bundesliga club Mainz signs Jhon Cordoba on 4-year contract Updated: May-18-16 12:57 pm
MAINZ, Germany - Mainz has used its option to sign forward Jhon Cordoba on a four-year contract.
- Colombia claims largest cocaine seizure in its history Updated: May-16-16 12:21 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombian authorities say they've made the biggest cocaine seizure in the history of a country long plagued by traffic in the drug.
- FARC, Colombia agree on moving children out of rebel camps Updated: May-15-16 8:21 pm
HAVANA - Colombia's government and the rebel Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia say they have agreed on the return of a handful of children living in the group's camps to civilian life.
- Montoya undeterred by spoils of defending Indy 500 champ Updated: May-15-16 1:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Juan Pablo Montoya spent his first week in Indianapolis surrounded by autograph seekers in Gasoline Alley.
- Dale Coyne Racing hires Chaves to drive 3rd car at Indy Updated: May-12-16 3:45 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Colombian driver Gabby Chaves has been hired by Dale Coyne Racing to run in both IndyCar races this month.
- Colombia arrests alleged big money launderer from Panama Updated: May-06-16 4:02 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombian authorities have arrested a prominent Panama businessman they're calling the world's most-wanted money launderer and froze assets belonging to dozens of companies linked to him that were allegedly used to hide millions in illegal drug profits.
- Convicted Colombian drug-traffickers go missing in Portugal Updated: May-06-16 6:49 am
LISBON, Portugal - A lawyer for two Colombians convicted in Portugal of drug-trafficking says the pair are missing after being released from prison while their appeals are being considered.
- Colombian fisherman reunited with family after weeks adrift Updated: May-05-16 9:42 pm
HONOLULU - A Colombian fisherman has been reunited with his wife and family after spending two months adrift in the Pacific Ocean, an ordeal that he says left his three shipmates dead.
- The Latest: Colombia: Mariner's skiff never reported lost Updated: May-05-16 7:21 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the rescue of a Colombian mariner who was lost at sea for two months (all times local):