- Big moves made, but dealing isn't done in NBA free agency Updated: Jul-06-15 10:17 am
LeBron James is available. Marc Gasol, too.
- Conservative Argentine candidate wins 1st round of election Updated: Jul-05-15 10:31 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A Buenos Aires mayoral candidate aligned with Argentina's top opposition presidential contender has won the first round of city elections.
- Pope Francis on home turf urges defense of poor and planet Updated: Jul-05-15 9:16 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Latin America's first pope returned to Spanish-speaking South America for the first time Sunday, stressing the need to protect the poor and the environment from exploitation and to foster dialogue among all sectors of society.
- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering Updated: Jul-05-15 10:50 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America ended with Chile celebrating a long-awaited triumph and Argentina left wondering how much longer its title drought will last.
- Messi fails again with Argentina's national team Updated: Jul-04-15 10:12 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Lionel Messi has come up short again in his attempt to succeed with Argentina's national team.
- Chile beats Argentina 4-1 on penalties to win Copa America Updated: Jul-04-15 7:57 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The wait is finally over for Chile. The title drought has ended.
- Peru beats Paraguay 2-0 to finish 3rd in Copa America Updated: Jul-03-15 10:02 pm
CONCEPCION, Chile - Andre Carrillo and Paolo Guerrero each scored second-half goals to help Peru defeat Paraguay 2-0 in the third-place game at the Copa America on Friday.
- Sex performance at university causes scandal in Argentina Updated: Jul-02-15 6:03 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A sex performance at a university in Argentina's capital is causing an uproar.
- Pope brings 'church for the poor' to South America's poorest Updated: Jul-02-15 8:19 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis is taking his "church for the poor" to three of South America's poorest and most peripheral countries, making a grueling, week-long trip that will showcase the pope at his unpredictable best: speaking his native Spanish on his home turf about issues closest to his heart.
- Argentina recalls its financial crisis, advises Greece Updated: Jul-01-15 5:20 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - As Argentines closely watch the financial turmoil in Greece recalling their own worst crisis 14 years ago, the architect of the South American country's recovery has a message for the European nation: Renegotiate your debt.
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final Updated: Jun-30-15 11:21 pm
CONCEPCION, Chile - Lionel Messi helped set up five goals as Argentina trounced Paraguay 6-1 in the Copa America semifinals on Tuesday, setting up a final against host Chile.
- US opening market to Argentina, Brazil beef imports Updated: Jun-30-15 3:50 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina and Brazil are greeting news that they will soon be able to export fresh beef into the United States after a longtime ban.
- Argentina leads final 4 in Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-28-15 5:24 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America semifinals are again missing a local favorite.
- International battle over custody of children Updated: Jun-28-15 4:41 pm
SNOWMASS VILLAGE, Colorado - A Garfield County District Court judge has ruled that two children at the heart of an international custody dispute between a Snowmass Village man and his former spouse will remain in the custody of their father, even though the father signed an agreement saying the mother could have custody.
- Argentina tops Colombia 5-4 in shootout, reaches Copa semis Updated: Jun-26-15 11:08 pm
VINA DEL MAR, Chile - After dominating regulation without scoring and squandering two chances to win a shootout, Argentina advanced past Colombia and will play Brazil or Paraguay next week in the Copa America semifinals.
- Boca president says Tevez is returning to Buenos Aires club Updated: Jun-26-15 1:19 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The president of Boca Juniors says Carlos Tevez is leaving Juventus to return to the Buenos Aires club.
- Hornets trade 2nd round pick Juan Vaulet to Nets Updated: Jun-26-15 12:35 am
- Top Argentine appeals court confirms bribery case against VP Updated: Jun-25-15 6:17 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's highest criminal court has rejected attempts by the country's vice president to throw out a bribery case against him.
- Host Chile beats Uruguay to reach Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-25-15 1:33 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chile's hopes of winning its home Copa America sharply improved with a 1-0 win over defending champion Uruguay on Wednesday.
- Chief of Argentine army resigns; accused of rights abuses Updated: Jun-23-15 4:32 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The head of Argentina's army, long accused of human rights violations, has resigned.
- Pope to stay away from homeland during South American visit Updated: Jun-23-15 12:08 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Pope Francis' homeland of Argentina is not on the itinerary for his South American tour in July.
- Messi vs. James again - now in Copa America quarterfinals Updated: Jun-22-15 2:36 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Lionel Messi and James Rodriguez are about to meet again. They've left their clubs behind - Barcelona and Real Madrid - and this time Messi is wearing Argentina's blue and white and Rodriguez the red, blue and yellow of Colombia.
- Argentine president stepping away from gov't role after term Updated: Jun-21-15 6:52 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - President Cristina Fernandez of Argentina won't seek another office when her second term ends Dec. 10, defying recent speculation she might run for congress.
- Argentina beats Jamaica to finish 1st in Copa America group Updated: Jun-20-15 9:48 pm
VINA DEL MAR, Chile - Argentina defeated Jamaica 1-0 in Lionel Messi's 100th game with the national team on Saturday, securing first place in its Copa America group.
- Paraguay, Uruguay draw 1-1 and advance to Copa quarters Updated: Jun-20-15 5:33 pm
LA SERENA, Chile - Defending champion Uruguay and Paraguay drew 1-1 in their last group game and both advanced to the Copa America quarterfinals on Saturday.