- Correction: Argentina-Operation Condor story Updated: May-28-16 5:02 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - In a story May 27 about an Argentina court ruling on human rights crimes related to the Operation Condor conspiracy in South America, The Associated Press erroneously reported that Ronni Moffitt was an aide to former Chilean ambassador Orlando Letelier. She was the aide's wife.
- Argentine star Messi leaves Honduras match with back injury Updated: May-27-16 11:36 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentine soccer superstar Lionel Messi left the field with a back injury in the second half of a 1-0 victory over Honduras in a friendly Friday night.
- Argentina and Brazil agree to mediate in Venezuela crisis Updated: May-23-16 7:59 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Brazil and Argentina will work together to help find a solution to Venezuela's political crisis, Brazil's acting foreign minister said Monday.
- Argentine soccer player dies after being struck in the head Updated: May-23-16 2:56 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The Argentine football association has extended its "condolences" to the family of a soccer player who died when he was accidentally struck in the head in a regional match on Sunday in northeastern Argentina.
- AP Interview: Argentinian FM envisions 'inspirational' UN Updated: May-22-16 2:25 pm
DOHA, Qatar - The latest candidate to enter the race to become the next United Nations secretary-general said Sunday the world body must become more inspirational and geared toward finding ways to tackle emerging new challenges.
- Justin Bieber fans march in Argentina in support of pop idol Updated: May-21-16 11:13 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Hundreds of "Beliebers" are marching in Argentina's capital to ask that authorities let the Canadian pop idol perform in the South American country.
- Civil rights activist, Carter official Patricia Derian dies Updated: May-20-16 10:04 pm
Patricia M. Derian, who actively supported Mississippi public school desegregation and served as assistant secretary of state for human rights during the Carter administration, has died.
- Argentina president backs Malcorra as candidate for UN chief Updated: May-20-16 4:04 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's president formally nominated Foreign Minister Susana Malcorra on Friday as a candidate for next secretary-general of the United Nations.
- Argentine court OKs sending drug suspect to US; can appeal Updated: May-20-16 11:41 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine judge has approved the extradition of a suspected Colombian drug boss to face cocaine trafficking charges in the U.S. District Court of southern Florida.
- Diego Rivera painting sells privately for $15.7 million Updated: May-20-16 11:35 am
NEW YORK - A Diego Rivera painting has sold privately for $15.7 million, setting a world record price for any Latin American work of art, Phillips auction house said Friday.
- Argentine prosecutor: Nisman maybe 'induced' to kill himself Updated: May-19-16 5:55 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Alberto Nisman, who investigated Argentina's worst terrorist attack before he was found dead in his home last year, may have been forced to kill himself, another prosecutor who was formerly in charge of his case said Thursday.
- Argentine lawmakers OK bill to stop layoffs; Macri to veto Updated: May-19-16 5:22 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The House of Deputies gave final congressional approval on Thursday to a bill that would ban layoffs in the public and private sectors. The president has said he would veto it because it might scare off badly needed investment.
- Chilean-American writer Allende seeks inspiration after loss Updated: May-16-16 1:37 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Isabel Allende begins writing all her books on Jan. 8. But when the day arrived this year, she struggled with writer's block.
- Argentina's Fernandez charged with state fraud Updated: May-13-16 7:48 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Former Argentine President Cristina Fernandez was charged on Friday with defrauding the state as part of her government's handling of the dollar futures market.
- Argentine soccer player gunned down in home burglary attempt Updated: May-13-16 12:09 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A second-division Argentine soccer player has been killed by a gunshot to the chest by unknown assailants who apparently entered his home in a robbery attempt.
- Argentina's capital reports highest inflation in 14 years Updated: May-12-16 6:41 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Inflation in the capital's metropolitan area reached 6.5 percent in April, the biggest monthly price jump since Argentina's worst economic crisis 14 years ago, the Buenos Aires statistics agency reported Thursday.
- Argentina zoo worried about decaying health of polar bear Updated: May-09-16 5:50 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The director of the Mendoza zoo in western Argentina says she has concerns about the health of the country's last captive polar bear.
- Founder of shoe giveaway company Toms looks back on 10 years Updated: May-06-16 5:40 pm
In Argentina, South Africa, Rwanda and elsewhere around the globe, there's something that sticks out for Blake Mycoskie about the one-for-one shoe company, Toms, he started in his Venice, California, apartment 10 years ago.
- Former head of Argentine air force on trial for abduction Updated: May-04-16 6:22 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The former head of Argentina's air force and two ex-subordinates are on trial for alleged abduction and disappearance of activists during the South American nation's 1976-1983 dictatorship.
- Argentina plays "Trump" card in Copa America advertising Updated: May-03-16 8:43 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine TV advertisement is sending a message to Donald Trump: you should fear some Latin Americans about to arrive in the United States.
- Argentina prosecutor asks probe of ex-president and son Updated: May-03-16 12:33 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A federal prosecutor asked on Monday that former President Cristina Fernandez and her son be investigated for possible illegal enrichment in connection to two businessmen accused of money laundering and tax evasion.
- Judge investigating drug traffickers arrested in Argentina Updated: May-02-16 6:12 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine judge who had investigated thousands of drug trafficking cases has been arrested on accusations he helped drug dealers in exchange for money.
- Diego Schwartzman of Argentina rallies to win Istanbul Open Updated: May-01-16 3:10 pm
ISTANBUL - Unseeded Diego Schwartzman staged a stunning comeback Sunday to upset second-seeded Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria 6-7 (5), 7-6 (4), 6-0 and claim his maiden ATP Tour title at the Istanbul Open.