- Former head of Argentine air force on trial for abduction Updated: May-04-16 6:22 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The former head of Argentina's air force and two ex-subordinates are on trial for alleged abduction and disappearance of activists during the South American nation's 1976-1983 dictatorship.
- Argentina plays "Trump" card in Copa America advertising Updated: May-03-16 8:43 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine TV advertisement is sending a message to Donald Trump: you should fear some Latin Americans about to arrive in the United States.
- Argentina prosecutor asks probe of ex-president and son Updated: May-03-16 12:33 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A federal prosecutor asked on Monday that former President Cristina Fernandez and her son be investigated for possible illegal enrichment in connection to two businessmen accused of money laundering and tax evasion.
- Judge investigating drug traffickers arrested in Argentina Updated: May-02-16 6:12 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine judge who had investigated thousands of drug trafficking cases has been arrested on accusations he helped drug dealers in exchange for money.
- Diego Schwartzman of Argentina rallies to win Istanbul Open Updated: May-01-16 3:10 pm
ISTANBUL - Unseeded Diego Schwartzman staged a stunning comeback Sunday to upset second-seeded Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria 6-7 (5), 7-6 (4), 6-0 and claim his maiden ATP Tour title at the Istanbul Open.
- Argentina's big unions join to protest layoffs, inflation Updated: Apr-29-16 10:58 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's strongest unions brought thousands of people into the streets Friday to protest high inflation and job cuts in the biggest demonstrations against President Mauricio Macri since he took office in December.
- Argentina floods swamp soy crop; some must commute by boat Updated: Apr-29-16 7:20 pm
VILLA PARANACITO, Argentina - Water levels in the flooded town of Villa Paranacito have risen so much that the best way for residents to commute is by boat.
- Soccer-crazy Argentina club offers fans an implantable chip Updated: Apr-27-16 8:57 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Fans in soccer-mad Argentina often chant: "I carry you inside me!" when talking about their favorite club. It might soon be more than just a slogan.
- US men's basketball set for 5-game pre-Olympic schedule Updated: Apr-25-16 12:36 pm
The U.S. Olympic men's basketball team will face Argentina and three other opponents during a five-game, five-city exhibition tour leading up to the Summer Games.
- Sunwolves claim 1st win in Super Rugby, Chiefs still top Updated: Apr-24-16 4:34 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Super Rugby snapped out of its mid-season torpor Saturday with a thrilling match between the first-placed Chiefs and third-placed Hurricanes that showcased the quality of the New Zealand conference.
- Argentina pays down much of its debt; US judge drops orders Updated: Apr-22-16 4:09 pm
NEW YORK - Argentina paid creditors on Friday who had refused debt restructurings after its record default, ending a long-standing legal dispute that returns the South American country to international credit markets after nearly 15 years.
- Argentina floods cause soy crop losses, force evacuations Updated: Apr-21-16 6:48 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Floods have swamped much of Argentina's soy crop, causing heavy losses to one of the world's top grains suppliers.
- Argentine gets 29-year ban for kicking rugby rival in head Updated: Apr-21-16 10:54 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine rugby player has been banned for 29 years for kicking an opponent in the head.
- Argentine foreign minister questioned on being next UN chief Updated: Apr-20-16 7:51 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Argentina's Foreign Minister Susanna Malcorra said Wednesday that whether she is nominated as a candidate to be the next secretary-general of the United Nations "is in the hands of my president."
- Argentine priest accused of sexually abusing 3-year-old girl Updated: Apr-20-16 4:02 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Prosecutors in Argentina are accusing a Roman Catholic priest of sexually abusing 3-year-old girl.
- Argentina returns to global markets with $16.5 billion bond Updated: Apr-19-16 6:10 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina has made a highly successful return to global credit markets with the launch of a $16.5 billion bond offering.
- Argentina returns to international credit markets Updated: Apr-18-16 6:09 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina on Monday returned to global bond markets for the first time in 15 years.
- 5 die after electronic music festival in Argentina Updated: Apr-16-16 6:18 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The second night of a major electronic music festival being held in Argentina's capital was canceled on Saturday following the deaths of at least five people of suspected drug overdoses. Another five festival-goers were in critical condition.
- Argentina's Macri sides with taxi drivers against Uber Updated: Apr-14-16 4:25 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentine President Mauricio Macri is siding with Buenos Aires taxi drivers in a dispute against Uber.
- Argentina's Macri sets up blind trust to clear his finances Updated: Apr-13-16 5:48 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentine President Mauricio Macri has set up a blind trust to handle his financial holdings in response to criticism over his role in two offshore companies that emerged in the "Panama Papers" leak.
- Ex-Argentine president in court in central bank fraud probe Updated: Apr-13-16 3:39 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Former Argentine President Cristina Fernandez proclaimed she was the victim of political persecution on Wednesday after appearing before a local judge in a state fraud investigation.
- On to Europe, where Lorenzo hopes to catch Marquez Updated: Apr-13-16 10:48 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Marc Marquez conquered the Americas again, riding his Repsol Honda to victory in two of the first three races of the MotoGP season - a strong start to reclaim the championship.
- Corruption probes close in on Argentina's Fernandez Updated: Apr-12-16 3:10 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Corruption allegations always swirled around former President Cristina Fernandez during her two terms in office, but they never stuck.
- Argentina's Fernandez gets hero's welcome before court date Updated: Apr-11-16 10:29 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Supporters of former President Cristina Fernandez gave her a hero's welcome Monday night at a Buenos Aires airport before she faces a court over her possible role in an alleged scheme to manipulate Argentina's currency.
- Peru markets rally as runoff vote dominated by conservatives Updated: Apr-11-16 7:28 pm
LIMA, Peru - Investors are celebrating the apparent elimination of a leftist candidate in Peru's presidential election as the country gears up for a tight June runoff between the daughter of jailed former President Alberto Fujimori and a conservative economist beloved by Wall Street.