- Salt Lake beat Houston 2-1, NYC FC win at home Updated: May-01-16 2:44 am
- Rays beat Blue Jays 4-3 on Casali's walkoff hit Updated: Apr-30-16 10:59 pm
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Rays beat Blue Jays 4-3 on Casali's walkoff hit Updated: Apr-30-16 9:32 pm
- Saints draft Nigeria native who learned football in Canada Updated: Apr-30-16 8:20 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - David Onyemata's path to the NFL began when he followed in his sisters' footsteps by leaving Nigeria to attend college in Canada.
- Rapids rally to tie Impact, 2-2 Updated: Apr-30-16 6:23 pm
MONTREAL - Bobby Burling scored for Colorado in the 73rd minute and the Rapids tied the Montreal Impact 2-2 on Saturday.
- Pacers force Game 7 against Raptors with 101-83 win Updated: Apr-29-16 11:51 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - This time, the Indiana Pacers buckled down and fought back.
- Saunders homers twice in Blue Jays' 6-1 win over Rays Updated: Apr-29-16 11:23 pm
- Indigenous dancers compete at North America's largest powwow Updated: Apr-29-16 8:38 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Nearly 3,000 indigenous dancers representing hundreds of tribes from across the United States, Canada and other parts of the world kicked off one of North America's most prominent powwows on Friday.
- Portugal wins more time for recovery after rating decision Updated: Apr-29-16 12:44 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal and the rest of the eurozone could breathe a sigh of relief Friday after international ratings agency DBRS said it wasn't lowering Portuguese sovereign debt to junk status - a feared move that likely would have sparked a fresh bout of international jitters about the soundness of the shared currency.
- Canadian dollar rises above 80 cent US mark Updated: Apr-29-16 12:43 pm
TORONTO - The Canadian dollar has hit the 80 cent U.S. mark for the first time since last summer, trading at its strongest level since last June.
- K-tel creator Philip Kives has died at age 87 Updated: Apr-28-16 9:23 pm
TORONTO - Philip Kives, the tireless TV pitchman whose commercials implored viewers to "wait, there's more!" while selling everything from vegetable slicers to hit music compilations on vinyl, has died at age 87.
- After starting trip 4-0, A's head home with .500 swing Updated: Apr-28-16 6:41 pm
DETROIT - After Oakland opened a trip with a three-game sweep of the New York Yankees and a win at Toronto, the Athletics had high hopes.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- Police: 80 people arrested in Ontario in child pornography probe Updated: Apr-28-16 2:33 pm
TORONTO - Ontario police say they have arrested 80 people as part of a sweeping investigation into internet child pornography in the province.
- Delta gives Bombardier boost, buying struggling C Series jet Updated: Apr-28-16 11:28 am
NEW YORK - Bombardier's fledgling new jet, the C Series, got a much-needed boost Thursday with one of the world's largest airlines committing to add the plane to its fleet.
- Corea, Alexander to headline Montreal Jazz Festival Updated: Apr-28-16 11:24 am
NEW YORK - A preteen prodigy and a master celebrating his 75th birthday will be among the headliners at the world's largest jazz festival.
- Bombardier announces Delta deal in boost for troubled plane Updated: Apr-28-16 10:11 am
MONTREAL - Canadian plane maker Bombardier has received a major boost from Delta Air Lines, which has placed a firm order for 75 CS100 aircraft with options for an additional 50 more in what would be the largest order for the Montreal company's troubled CSeries passenger jet program.
- Burger King says hot dogs helped boost US sales Updated: Apr-28-16 9:37 am
OAKVILLE, Ontario - Burger King's sales rose during the first quarter, boosted by the addition of hot dogs to the menu in the U.S.
- 10-man Whitecaps hold on for 1-1 draw with Sporting KC Updated: Apr-28-16 12:45 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Vancouver's Christian Bolanos and Sporting Kansas City's Diego Rubio scored in the first half and the Whitecaps held on with only 10 men for a 1-1 tie Wednesday night.
- Pingree, Poliquin want new rules for Cuban-bound flights Updated: Apr-28-16 12:40 am
BANGOR, Maine - Maine's two U.S. representatives are proposing new legislation that they say will help create jobs by updating regulations that cause American airports to lose business to Canada.
- White Sox win 6th straight, blank Blue Jays 4-0 Updated: Apr-27-16 11:19 pm
TORONTO - A rare triple by Dioner Navarro gave the Chicago White Sox something even more uncommon: a series sweep in Toronto.
- Rickard's three-run homer lifts Orioles over Rays 3-1 Updated: Apr-27-16 10:03 pm
- Oduro's late goal gives Impact 1-1 tie with NYCFC Updated: Apr-27-16 9:13 pm
- ID of woman found near Manson murders site stirs mystery Updated: Apr-27-16 8:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - The identification of a 19-year-old Canadian woman found savagely stabbed to death in Los Angeles in 1969 has brought some closure to her last living immediate relative but also resurrected decades-old speculation that her murder is connected to the Manson family killings.