- Japan urges G-7 to avert another economic crisis Updated: May-26-16 8:52 am
ISE, Japan - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe urged fellow leaders of the Group of Seven advanced economies Thursday to avert another global crisis by acting to rescue the faltering global recovery.
- Man suspected in a deadly stabbing in Phoenix is arrested Updated: May-26-16 6:10 am
PHOENIX - A man suspected in a deadly stabbing near a Phoenix high school last month is in custody.
- 40 Oregon firefighters leave to fight giant blaze in Canada Updated: May-26-16 3:22 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Forty firefighters from central Oregon have been sent to help battle a wildfire in Canada that has destroyed parts of Fort McMurray in Alberta.
- LeBron, Love power Cavaliers to 116-78 romp over Raptors Updated: May-26-16 12:43 am
CLEVELAND - Back home, the Cavaliers were not hospitable. Just rude.
- Neck problem knocks Yankees 1B Teixeira out of lineup again Updated: May-26-16 12:20 am
NEW YORK - Just as one aging slugger gets ready to return to the New York Yankees, they're concerned about the health of another.
- Martin hits first 2 HRs of season, Blue Jays top Yankees 8-4 Updated: May-26-16 12:07 am
NEW YORK - Once he finally produced some power at the plate, Russell Martin got into a dangerous groove.
- Reed Deer beats Brandon 2-1 in OT in Memorial Cup Updated: May-25-16 11:38 pm
RED DEER, Alberta - Evan Polei scored at 3:50 of overtime to give the host Red Deer Rebels a 2-1 victory over the Brandon Wheat Kings on Wednesday night in the Memorial Cup junior hockey tournament.
- 2 large rodents escape a Toronto zoo Updated: May-25-16 10:06 pm
TORONTO - The hunt continues for two large rodents that escaped a Toronto zoo.
- With Tulo out, Blue Jays activate 2B Devon Travis from DL Updated: May-25-16 9:06 pm
- 1st US firefighters head to Canada to help attack huge blaze Updated: May-25-16 4:42 pm
BOISE, Idaho - For the first time, U.S. officials have sent firefighters to help battle a giant blaze in Canada that has destroyed parts of Fort McMurray in Alberta.
- Judge finds man not find criminally responsible in killing 5 Updated: May-25-16 3:51 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - A Canadian man was found not criminally responsible Wednesday for killing five people in a 2014 stabbing rampage.
- Bank of Canada: Economy will shrink due to Alberta wildfires Updated: May-25-16 1:02 pm
TORONTO - Canada's central bank said Wednesday the Canadian economy will shrink in the second quarter because of Alberta's devastating wildfires, which shut down its oil sands production.
- Tragically Hip to begin tour in July despite singer's cancer Updated: May-25-16 10:04 am
TORONTO - The Tragically Hip will play 11 Canadian shows this summer as part of a tour that's going ahead despite lead singer Gord Downie's incurable brain cancer.
- Ex-Red Sox player bidding to become next Vermont governor Updated: May-25-16 9:48 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A former Major League Baseball player is running for governor in Vermont as a member of the Liberty Union party, which bills itself as nonviolent and socialist.
- Sluggers at top of order fizzle as Blue Jays lose to Yanks Updated: May-25-16 12:07 am
NEW YORK - Pushing their best hitters to the top of the batting order has not worked out yet for the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Off-track Yellowstone visitors not being pursued Updated: May-24-16 3:32 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - U.S. authorities say they will not try to force four men accused of walking onto a sensitive hot spring at Yellowstone National Park to return from their homes in Canada for prosecution.
- Firefighters from US, South Africa to arrive in Alberta Updated: May-24-16 2:29 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Officials say about 1,000 additional fire crews from across Canada, the United States and South Africa will be joining the fight this week against a massive wildfire near Fort McMurray.
- Conte: Pirlo and Giovinco paying price for playing in MLS Updated: May-24-16 1:35 pm
FLORENCE, Italy - Andrea Pirlo and Sebastian Giovinco paid the price for choosing to play in Major League Soccer according to Italy coach Antonio Conte, who left the duo out of his preliminary 30-man squad for the European Championship.
- Canada's Snowbirds fly over Washington Updated: May-24-16 12:47 pm
WASHINGTON - A formation of foreign military jets streaked over the nation's capital on Tuesday, making passes along the National Mall in the name of friendship.
- Report: BMX legend Dave Mirra had brain disease CTE Updated: May-24-16 12:32 pm
TORONTO - Doctors have reportedly concluded that BMX rider Dave Mirra, who took his own life in February, suffered from the brain disease CTE.
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win over Cav Updated: May-24-16 12:50 am
TORONTO - A series that once looked lopsided is now even.
- Valanciunas active for Game 4 of Conference Finals Updated: May-23-16 7:40 pm
TORONTO - Raptors center Jonas Valanciunas is active for Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals against Cleveland on Monday night, but will not start against the Cavaliers.
- Statue depicting Jesus as homeless debuts at Detroit church Updated: May-23-16 5:40 pm
DETROIT - A new statue depicting Jesus as a homeless man has been unveiled at a downtown Detroit church.
- Former Leafs coach John Brophy dies after lengthy illness Updated: May-23-16 1:56 pm
TORONTO - John Brophy, who coached the Toronto Maple Leafs for 2½ seasons before coaching in the ECHL for 13 seasons, has died. He was 83.
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately Updated: May-23-16 2:14 am
There's rarely a dull moment for the Toronto Blue Jays these days.