- Bautista, Travis hurt as Blue Jays lose to Phillies 3-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:21 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays lost another close game and watched two players leave with injuries Tuesday night.
- After trading Papelbon, Phillies beat Blue Jays 3-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:03 pm
TORONTO - Dependable pitching was no problem for the Philadelphia Phillies in their first game after trading All-Star closer Jonathan Papelbon to Washington.
- CA independent teams to have computer call balls and strikes Updated: Jul-28-15 10:39 pm
SAN RAFAEL, California - No blaming or booing the umpire for a questionable called third strike this week in a Northern California independent league.
- Russian helicopter pilot rescued from Arctic ice floe Updated: Jul-28-15 10:03 pm
IQALUIT, Nunavut - A Russian helicopter pilot who spent more than 30 hours on an ice floe after ditching his small helicopter into frigid Arctic waters says he's not sure he would have survived much longer had searchers not seen his last warning flare.
- Travis leaves with sore left shoulder Updated: Jul-28-15 8:29 pm
TORONTO - Toronto Blue Jays infielder Devon Travis left Tuesday night's game against Philadelphia after two innings with a sore left shoulder.
- 'The Martian' to premiere at the Toronto Film Festival Updated: Jul-28-15 7:14 pm
LOS ANGELES - The blockbuster summer movie season is still going strong, but the Toronto International Film Festival provided a peek Tuesday at some of the movies and performances that could help set the tone for the upcoming awards season.
- Michael Sam to make CFL debut for Alouettes in August Updated: Jul-28-15 5:38 pm
MONTREAL - Michael Sam will make his debut with the Montreal Alouettes in August, but his coach won't give an exact date.
- Colombian national linked to North Dakota drug overdoses Updated: Jul-28-15 5:37 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - An international synthetic drug ring that has been blamed for numerous overdoses in the Grand Forks area involves a Colombian man who trafficked the deadly substances while serving a prison stint in Canada, federal authorities said Tuesday.
- Marner signs 3-year entry-level contract with Leafs Updated: Jul-28-15 4:41 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed forward Mitch Marner to a three-year entry-level contract.
- Canadian military commander facing 10 sex-related charges Updated: Jul-28-15 3:25 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - A high-ranking Canadian Forces officer is facing 10 sex-related charges related to allegations stemming from his mentoring of military cadets.
- Jays add 'best' shortstop in All-Star Troy Tulowitzki Updated: Jul-28-15 3:20 pm
TORONTO - It seemed the Toronto Blue Jays needed to add starting pitching to help their playoff push. Instead, they traded for a superstar shortstop.
- 2 Canadian men get 12-year sentences in Ponzi scheme Updated: Jul-28-15 2:56 pm
TORONTO - A judge has sentenced two men to 12 years in prison for one of the largest Ponzi schemes in Canadian history.
- Rockies, Blue Jays swap star shortstops Updated: Jul-28-15 12:38 pm
- 2 missing New Hampshire inmates found, 1 of them in Canada Updated: Jul-28-15 11:17 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire authorities say they have found two inmates - one of them in Canada - who left a transitional living facility in Manchester last week.
- Rockies trade star SS Troy Tulowitzki, lose 9-8 to Cubs Updated: Jul-28-15 5:08 am
CHICAGO - The Colorado Rockies used a four-run rally to take the lead in the top of the ninth, only to fall short when they gave up a two-run homer in the bottom of the inning.
- Correction: Hall of Fame Inductions story Updated: Jul-27-15 9:25 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - In a story July 26 about the Baseball Hall of Fame, The Associated Press reported erroneously that John Smoltz was the first player inducted into the Hall of Fame who had undergone Tommy John surgery. Smoltz was the first pitcher to enter the Hall who had the operation.
- Fire claim F Gilberto off waivers Updated: Jul-27-15 7:08 pm
BRIDGEVIEW, Illinois - The Chicago Fire have claimed Brazilian forward Gilberto off waivers.
- Sabres shakeup: Brandon replaces Black as team president Updated: Jul-27-15 6:03 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Bills president Russ Brandon dressed for the occasion Monday, when it came time to discuss his new expanded role of overseeing Buffalo's other pro sports franchise, the NHL's Sabres.
- Impact acquire former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba Updated: Jul-27-15 5:44 pm
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact added an established scoring presence when they traded for former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba on Monday.
- With tournament title secured, US sweeps China Updated: Jul-26-15 9:57 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - With the FIVB World Grand Prix Finals championship already secured, the United States added a three-set victory over China on Sunday to cap the tournament.
- Early triple play hurts Jays in 6-5 loss to Mariners in 10 Updated: Jul-26-15 9:48 pm
SEATTLE - A baserunning blunder that resulted in a triple play came back to haunt the Toronto Blue Jays, who let another opportunity slip away on the road.
- Gutierrez homers in 10th to lift Mariners over Blue Jays 6-5 Updated: Jul-26-15 9:27 pm
SEATTLE - Franklin Gutierrez delivered the biggest hit yet of his comeback with the Seattle Mariners.
- Whitecaps beat Earthquakes 3-1 Updated: Jul-26-15 9:21 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Mauro Rosales and Kendall Waston scored in the first half to help the Vancouver Whitecaps beat the San Jose Earthquakes 3-1 on Sunday.
- Jason Day rallies to win Canadian Open Updated: Jul-26-15 8:22 pm
OAKVILLE, Ontario - Jason Day made himself right at home in the Canadian Open - at David Hearn's expense.
- Canadian Olympic head to back Toronto to make 2024 bid Updated: Jul-26-15 7:00 pm
TORONTO - The head of the Canadian Olympic Committee said Sunday he would push Toronto to bid for the 2024 Olympics.