- Under high security, Jewish pilgrims gather on Tun Updated: May-26-16 6:19 pm
DJERBA, Tunisia - Under unprecedented security, the Tunisian island of Djerba hosted an annual Jewish pilgrimage amid raised fears of religious violence after deadly Islamic extremist attacks last year scared away visitors.
- Tunisian Islamist party to separate religious, politics work Updated: May-23-16 12:34 pm
TUNIS, Tunisia - Tunisia's Islamist Ennahda party voted Monday to separate its political and religious work, part of its effort to cast itself in line with the North African country's secular political heritage.
- The Latest: First audio from EgyptAir flight released Updated: May-21-16 8:35 pm
CAIRO - The Latest on the crash of EgyptAir Flight 804 (all times local):
- Airports EgyptAir traveled through before crash Updated: May-20-16 5:38 pm
PARIS - The EgyptAir plane that crashed in the Mediterranean had flown through five airports in the 48 hours before it disappeared off radar screens. As authorities try to determine what went wrong, here's a look at airport security and safety at those five sites:
- Tunisia police kill 2 'dangerous terrorists,' arrest 16 Updated: May-11-16 12:28 pm
TUNIS, Tunisia - Elite Tunisian police squads killed what authorities described as two "dangerous armed terrorists" and arrested 16 others in raids Wednesday outside the capital to abort plans for "synchronized attacks."
- Survey finds bribery runs highest among courts in Mideast Updated: May-03-16 1:44 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A new report released on Tuesday by an anti-corruption watchdog shows that on average, almost a third of the people in nine countries surveyed in the Middle East have had to pay a bribe to access some kind of public service.