- Peugeot to invest $632 million in Morocco car factory Updated: Jun-19-15 4:19 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Morocco and French automaker PSA Peugeot Citroen on Friday signed an accord to build a new factory aimed at producing up to 200,000 cars annually for the African and Middle East market.
- Lorenzo wins 4th straight race at Catalonia GP, Rossi 2nd Updated: Jun-14-15 10:11 am
MONTMELO, Spain - Jorge Lorenzo won his fourth straight race in a Yamaha one-two finish with Valentino Rossi at the Catalonia Moto Grand Prix on Sunday, tightening the championship fight between the teammates.
- Gibraltar soccer fans' bus crashes in south Spain, 1 dead Updated: Jun-14-15 9:25 am
MADRID - Officials say a bus carrying soccer fans of the Gibraltar national team has crashed into a van in southwest Spain, killing a man and injuring at least nine others.
- UN presents Libyans with latest draft proposal for unity Updated: Jun-08-15 6:14 pm
SKHIRAT, Morocco - The U.N. representative to Libya reconvened delegations from Libya's rival governments on Monday to present the latest draft proposal for a unity government that is increasingly being presented as the war-torn country's last chance for stability.
- 11 teenagers drown off Moroccan coast Updated: Jun-07-15 12:58 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Authorities say 11 teenagers have drowned in the Atlantic during a beach outing just south of the Moroccan capital after they were carried away by waves.
- Western countries seek sanctions on 2 Libyans impeding peace Updated: Jun-04-15 8:01 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United States, Britain, France and Spain have asked the U.N. Security Council to impose sanctions on two Libyans undermining peace efforts to send a signal ahead of new talks on June 8 "that spoilers of the political process will not be tolerated."
- Author Vendela Vida and the art of pretending Updated: Jun-03-15 8:19 am
NEW YORK - Answering questions in a Casablanca police station, hoping to retrieve a missing backpack, author Vendela Vida was overcome by her feelings of good fortune.
- Morocco arrests, expels 2 French topless activists Updated: Jun-02-15 2:48 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Moroccan authorities on Tuesday arrested and then expelled two French activists for appearing topless at a historic site in the capital protesting the treatment of gays.