- Libya dialogue restarts without Tripoli representatives Updated: Aug-27-15 11:13 am
SKHIRAT, Morocco - The United Nations says talks to form a unity government in Libya have restarted in Morocco but without the Tripoli delegation, which is reorganizing its negotating team.
- 51 bodies found in hull of migrant ship off Libya Updated: Aug-26-15 4:16 pm
ROME - A Swedish rescue crew cut up the deck of a migrant boat north of Libya Wednesday to make a grisly discovery in the hull: The corpses of 51 migrants who died making the dangerous Mediterranean crossing in hopes of reaching Europe.
- UN envoy confident Libya peace talks are in final stages Updated: Aug-26-15 11:59 am
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. envoy for Libya says he is "increasingly confident" that U.N.-brokered peace talks are in their final stages, and he is urging both sides not to squander the opportunity.
- Libyan general says forces fighting IS lack weapons Updated: Aug-24-15 11:55 am
AMMAN, Jordan - The military chief of Libya's internationally-recognized government said Monday that lack of weapons prevented his forces from attacking Islamic State extremists in the city of Sirte, but that he has been promised help from the Arab League.
- Benghazi case focuses attention on US interrogation strategy Updated: Aug-15-15 5:15 pm
WASHINGTON - After a suspected militant was captured last year to face charges for the deadly 2012 attacks on Americans in Benghazi, Libya, he was brought to the U.S. aboard a Navy transport ship on a 13-day trip that his lawyers say could have taken 13 hours by plane.
- Egypt: Military aircraft crashes near Libya border, 4 dead Updated: Aug-13-15 2:46 pm
CAIRO - The spokesman of Egypt's armed forces says a military aircraft crashed near the border with Libya because of a technical failure while on a counterterrorism mission, killing four crew members and wounding two.
- 'Positive' UN-brokered talks on Libya wrap up in Geneva Updated: Aug-12-15 1:07 pm
BERLIN - Two days of U.N.-brokered talks on Libya has ended in Geneva, with the U.N. envoy seeking agreement on a national unity government in the next three weeks.
- Libyan judge abducted by Islamic State group found dead Updated: Aug-06-15 3:07 pm
BENGHAZI, Libya - The body of a Libyan judge abducted last month by an Islamic State affiliate was found on Thursday, Libyan officials said.
- Official: 2 Indians held near Libya's Sirte town, 2 safe Updated: Jul-31-15 9:35 am
NEW DELHI - Four Indian nationals were detained near the Libyan city of Sirte, India's foreign ministry said Friday, but declined to say who had held the men.
- GOP: Still no deal on Clinton testimony to Benghazi panel Updated: Jul-28-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans on the House committee investigating the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, said Tuesday that there is no agreement with Hillary Rodham Clinton over her possible appearance before the panel, despite the State Department's pledge to produce 5,000 new pages of documents.