- Exiled Yemen prime minister visits war-torn city of Aden Updated: Aug-01-15 2:37 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Yemen's exiled prime minister has visited the country's war-torn city of Aden, months after a Saudi-led airstrike campaign began against Shiite Houthi rebels there, authorities said.
- UN still waiting for $274 million Saudis pledged for Yemen Updated: Jul-30-15 6:08 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The $274 million that Saudi Arabia promised months ago to fund a U.N. emergency aid appeal for Yemen hasn't arrived because the kingdom and the world body are still discussing the terms of the funding, while aid groups begin to warn that people trapped by the conflict are on the brink of starvation.
- Saudi FM says Iran is still showing 'hostility' in region Updated: Jul-27-15 4:22 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's top diplomat has told visiting EU foreign policy chief that Iran is still showing "hostility" toward countries in the region, following a landmark deal on curbing Tehran's nuclear program earlier this month.
- Saudi FM: Iran deal may stop Tehran from getting nuke weapon Updated: Jul-23-15 11:10 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's foreign minister said Thursday the Iran nuclear deal appears to have the provisions needed to curtail Iran's ability to obtain a nuclear weapon in what were the most favorable remarks yet from the kingdom on the recent agreement.
- Carter: Saudis welcoming Iran deal with reservations Updated: Jul-22-15 1:38 pm
JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's King Salman and his defense minister support the Iran nuclear deal but have doubts about how effectively the historic agreement will be enforced, U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday.
- The Latest: Obama: Unlikely that deal benefits militants Updated: Jul-15-15 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Here are the latest developments involving the agreement between the United States, Iran and world powers to limit the Islamic Republic's nuclear program (all times EDT):
- In Arab world, worries that deal will boost Iran's power Updated: Jul-15-15 6:03 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The nuclear deal with Iran was met with a profound wariness in the Arab world, where concerns are widespread that the easing of its international isolation could tip the already bloody contest for power in the region toward Shiite-led Tehran.
- Saud al-Faisal, former Saudi foreign minister, dies Updated: Jul-09-15 8:09 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's Prince Saud al-Faisal, who was the world's longest-serving foreign minister with 40 years in the post until his retirement this year, has died, the ministry spokesman said Thursday. He was 75.
- New Yemen al-Qaida leader says US is his group's only rival Updated: Jul-09-15 5:38 pm
CAIRO - The new leader of Yemen's al-Qaida branch says his group's main enemy remains the United States and is urging Sunni militants to keep up their war against America, which he claims is "reeling" from terror attacks.
- UN: civilian death toll in Yemen conflict tops 1,500 Updated: Jul-07-15 8:20 am
BERLIN - The United Nations' human rights office says the number of civilians killed in three months of violence in Yemen has risen above 1,500.
- Yemen forfeits World Cup qualifier for ineligible player Updated: Jul-06-15 3:20 pm
ZURICH - FIFA has ordered Yemen to forfeit a World Cup qualifying match for fielding a player who was technically banned.