- Gunmen abduct Tunisian Red Cross worker in Yemen's capital Updated: Dec-01-15 1:48 pm
SANAA, Yemen - The International Committee of the Red Cross says unidentified gunmen in Yemen's capital kidnapped a Tunisian woman working for the group.
- Yemeni city battered by siege in pivotal battle of civil war Updated: Nov-26-15 12:18 pm
SANAA, Yemen - In Yemen's third largest city, residents are battling back against a months-long siege by Shiite rebels, armed by airdrops of weapons by planes from the Saudi-led coalition, with hundreds killed and food, water and medicines running short in a potentially pivotal battle in the country's protracted civil war.
- Bond set for man accused of raising money for terrorists Updated: Nov-24-15 11:11 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - One of four men accused of trying to send money to an al-Qaida leader will be able to leave jail once his family posts bond, a federal magistrate decided.
- IS attacks claim more than 800 lives abroad this year Updated: Nov-19-15 4:31 am
BEIRUT - The Islamic State group has dramatically expanded its theatre of operations from its hub in Syria and Iraq, executing or inspiring a series of attacks across three continents that claimed more than 800 lives this year.
- UN says 5,700 have been killed in Yemen conflict since March Updated: Nov-18-15 2:24 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations says 5,700 people have been killed in the conflict in Yemen since March 26, including 830 women and children, while efforts to coax all sides into another attempt at peace talks continue.
- UAE takes 5 Yemeni prisoners freed by US from Guantanamo Updated: Nov-16-15 8:03 am
MIAMI - Five men who have been held for more than 13 years at the U.S. base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have been released and sent to the United Arab Emirates, the Pentagon said Sunday.
- AP Newsbreak: Iraq warned of attacks before Paris assault Updated: Nov-16-15 7:06 am
BAGHDAD - Senior Iraqi intelligence officials warned members of the U.S.-led coalition fighting the Islamic State group of imminent assaults by the militant organization just one day before last week's deadly attacks in Paris killed 129 people, The Associated Press has learned.
- 5 killed when cyclone hits Yemen island, United Nations says Updated: Nov-10-15 1:32 pm
UNITED NATIONS - U.N. humanitarian officials say five people have been killed in a cyclone that hit Yemen on Monday.
- Dubai police officer held after shooting death of co-worker Updated: Nov-10-15 1:59 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Authorities in Dubai are holding a Yemeni member of the emirate's police force on suspicion of murder after he shot and killed another officer inside a police station.
- Focus at Dubai Airshow shifts to military needs Updated: Nov-09-15 9:27 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A number of military purchases announced Monday at the Dubai Airshow, including a $1.27 billion deal for upgraded Saab surveillance systems purchased by the United Arab Emirates, reflect a shift in focus at the biennial event this year from civil aviation to defense.
- Saudi woman, child killed in bombing from inside Yemen Updated: Nov-07-15 4:09 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A Saudi Civil Defense spokesman says a Saudi woman and a child have been killed in the border region of Najran by a shell fired from Yemen.
- Detroit enclave to have what will be Muslim majority council Updated: Nov-04-15 8:07 pm
HAMTRAMCK, Michigan - A diverse Detroit enclave known for its Polish heritage will have what's believed to be the nation's first Muslim-majority City Council.
- UN officials: 2 US contractors detained at Yemen airport Updated: Nov-02-15 10:52 pm
UNITED NATIONS - United Nations officials say two American contractors have been detained at the airport in Yemen's capital, Sanaa, which is controlled by Shiite Houthi rebels.