- Fire at Saudi oil company residence kills 11 Updated: Aug-30-15 11:08 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A large fire broke out Sunday in the basement of a sprawling residential complex in Saudi Arabia's oil-rich east, killing at least 11 people and injuring more than 200, officials in the kingdom said.
- Port operator DP World half-yearly profits up 22 percent Updated: Aug-27-15 10:34 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Dubai-based international port operator DP World says its net profits for the first half of the year reached $405 million, up 22 percent compared to the same period last year.
- Saudi records 15 MERS virus deaths in a week Updated: Aug-27-15 8:58 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Saudi Arabia's Health Ministry says 15 more people have died after contracting the Middle East respiratory syndrome, known as MERS, in the last seven days amid a surge in contractions in the capital, Riyadh.
- UAE army frees British hostage as al-Qaida expands in Yemen Updated: Aug-23-15 11:49 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates said Sunday that its military freed a British hostage who was kidnapped 18 months ago by al-Qaida in Yemen, which has expanded its reach amid fighting between Shiite rebels and their opponents.
- Dubai, Saudi markets lose 7 percent after oil price dip Updated: Aug-23-15 11:02 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Stock markets in Saudi Arabia and Dubai closed around 7 percent lower on Sunday on the back of a further slide in oil prices.
- India's premier in rousing speech says UAE to invest $75b Updated: Aug-17-15 4:34 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - India's prime minister gave a rousing speech to tens of thousands of Indian expatriates in Dubai on Monday, telling them leaders in the United Arab Emirates have promised to invest $75 billion in India and back its bid for a permanent seat at the United Nations Security Council.
- Emirates' Dubai to Panama City route to be world's longest Updated: Aug-13-15 5:28 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The Middle East's biggest airline will soon be operating the world's longest commercial flight.
- Viral video sparks concern in Saudi over harassment of women Updated: Aug-07-15 2:29 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - In a minute-long video uploaded to YouTube last month, two young Saudi women walk along the waterfront promenade in the kingdom's Red Sea city of Jiddah as a group of young men jeer and follow them until the women become visibly agitated.
- UAE prosecutor refers 41 people to trial on terror charges Updated: Aug-02-15 8:50 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates' top prosecutor referred 41 people to trial on charges of planning to carry out terrorist acts with the aim of overthrowing the government and establishing an extremist state, according to a statement released Sunday.