- Kerry in Qatar to ease Arab concerns about Iran nuke deal Updated: Aug-02-15 8:16 pm
DOHA, Qatar - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is in Qatar talks with Arab officials whose countries are wary of the nuclear deal world powers have struck with Iran.
- Egypt court postpones Al-Jazeera English verdict to Aug. 29 Updated: Aug-02-15 8:14 am
CAIRO - An Egyptian court on Sunday again postponed announcing a verdict in the retrial of three Al-Jazeera English journalists, extending the long-running trial criticized worldwide by press freedom advocates and human rights activists.
- Top Russian, US and Saudi diplomats to meet in Qatar Updated: Aug-01-15 7:29 am
MOSCOW - Russia's foreign minister has scheduled a trilateral meeting in Qatar with his U.S. and Saudi counterparts.
- Kerry off to Mideast with Egypt, Iran deal, Syria on agenda Updated: Jul-31-15 11:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry headed to the Middle East on Friday for security talks in Egypt and discussions in Qatar with Arab foreign ministers whose countries are wary of the nuclear deal struck with Iran.
- Dettori gives Qatar winning start to Goodwood sponsorship Updated: Jul-28-15 2:08 pm
GOODWOOD, England - Frankie Dettori steered Qatar-owned Galileo Gold to victory on Tuesday in the Qatar Vintage Stakes on the first day of the Goodwood Festival, which now has the oil-and-gas rich Gulf nation as its title sponsor.
- Gaza teachers head to Qatar as part of new employment drive Updated: Jul-28-15 8:05 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - About 100 Palestinian teachers have departed the impoverished Gaza Strip for potential teaching positions in Qatar.
- Sepp Blatter deserves the Nobel Prize, Vladimir Putin says Updated: Jul-28-15 7:46 am
MOSCOW - Vladimir Putin and Sepp Blatter just can't stop praising each other.
- John Kerry travels to Mideast then Southeast Asia next week Updated: Jul-27-15 3:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry travels to the Mideast next week and then Asia, including a stop in Vietnam.
- IOC awards Olympic broadcast rights to Qatar's beIN Media Updated: Jul-27-15 6:47 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The International Olympic Committee has awarded broadcast rights in the Middle East and North Africa from 2018-2024 to Qatar's beIN Media Group.
- Iran's top diplomat tours Arab states following nuclear deal Updated: Jul-26-15 10:37 am
KUWAIT CITY - Iran's top diplomat began a three-nation regional tour Sunday aimed at deepening ties with Arab neighbors following the conclusion of the Islamic Republic's historic nuclear deal with world powers.
- Blatter heads to Russia for first foreign trip since crisis Updated: Jul-22-15 2:17 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - FIFA President Sepp Blatter is due in Russia on Thursday for his first overseas trip since the arrests of fellow soccer executives in May left him unwilling to leave the safety of Switzerland.
- Jordanians question Chattanooga shooter's family in Mideast Updated: Jul-21-15 9:53 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordanian officials are questioning relatives of the shooter in last week's killing of five U.S. servicemen in Tennessee at a military recruiting office and a Navy-Marine operations center, a Jordanian official said Tuesday.
- Spain: Qatari Sheikh invests $1.1 bln in Spanish store Updated: Jul-14-15 10:08 am
MADRID - Spain's leading El Corte Ingles department store chain says it has sold a 10 percent stake to a Qatari sheikh for 1 billion euros ($1.1 billion).
- FIFA expels Chuck Blazer for life for bribery, corruption Updated: Jul-09-15 1:08 pm
GENEVA - Chuck Blazer was banned for life by FIFA's ethics committee on Thursday for widespread corruption, finally ending the career of the longtime most senior American in world football.
- Qatar offshore rig faces months of repairs after accident Updated: Jul-07-15 1:55 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A newly built Qatari offshore rig will need several months of repairs and maintenance after an accident off the Gulf nation's coast, its owner said Tuesday.
- FIFA bans former 2018-2022 WCup inspector for 7 years Updated: Jul-06-15 2:32 pm
GENEVA - The official chosen by FIFA to inspect 2018 and 2022 World Cup hosting candidates was banned from soccer for seven years on Monday for breaking ethics rules.
- Africa's soccer strongman a candidate for FIFA president? Updated: Jul-04-15 4:57 am
DOUALA, Cameroon - The son of a sultan from northern Cameroon, Issa Hayatou has ruled African soccer for 27 years and counting, a decade longer than Sepp Blatter has been in charge of FIFA.