- UEFA lifts Man City, PSG sanctions after clubs curb spending Updated: Jul-03-15 8:18 am
GENEVA - UEFA lifted key Financial Fair Play sanctions from Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain on Friday after both clubs met spending limits imposed last year.
- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup Updated: Jul-01-15 4:25 pm
With Sepp Blatter staying away, FIFA Senior Vice President and African soccer head Issa Hayatou will present the trophy at the Women's World Cup final in Canada, a senior official at Hayatou's Confederation of African Football said Wednesday.
- UEFA tells Spanish league to accept 2022 World Cup dates Updated: Jun-30-15 9:37 am
PRAGUE - UEFA told the Spanish league on Tuesday to stop challenging the decision to move the dates of the World Cup in 2022 to November-December.
- A year after Gaza war, Hamas entrenched as frustration grows Updated: Jun-30-15 7:38 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Emad Firi is angry. During last summer's Israel-Hamas war, a shell slammed through the roof of his house and shredded his right leg. Unable to work, Firi's son now drives his taxi but the family struggles to survive.
- Espanyol forward Sergio Garcia leaving for Qatar Updated: Jun-29-15 12:11 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Espanyol says forward Sergio Garcia is leaving the Spanish club to play in Qatar.
- Spanish league appeals FIFA switch of 2022 World Cup dates Updated: Jun-28-15 4:50 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Spanish football league is challenging FIFA's to switch the 2022 World Cup in Qatar to November-December.
- First World Cup, now also F1 for Qatar? Updated: Jun-24-15 1:48 pm
PARIS - Not content with hosting the 2022 World Cup, Qatar is now also exploring the idea of buying Formula One, another big step in its use of the global appeal of sports to put itself firmly on the map.
- Al-Jazeera journalist detained in Berlin has been freed Updated: Jun-22-15 11:58 am
BERLIN - The Al-Jazeera journalist who was detained in Berlin on an Egyptian arrest warrant has been released from custody, and is free to leave the country, Berlin prosecutors said Monday.
- Platini has big decision in great game for FIFA throne Updated: Jun-20-15 2:17 am
GENEVA - After years of waiting, Michel Platini's destiny with FIFA is coming faster than he thought.
- Is it worth making enemies of Russia, Qatar over football? Updated: Jun-18-15 5:44 am
PARIS - The opportunity to score points by bashing FIFA, Russia and Qatar was too good for the parliamentarians to pass up. One by one, they lined up to take shots. It was the political equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel: easy.
- Asian powers unconvincing in World Cup qualifying Updated: Jun-17-15 1:24 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The four power teams of Asian football avoided defeat in their opening World Cup qualifiers, yet none put in performances that will dispel the doubts about the strength of the region's teams following their combined winless record at the 2014 World Cup.
- The Latest: Bombardier premiers CSeries jet at Paris show Updated: Jun-15-15 10:40 am
LE BOURGET, France - 4:35 p.m. (1435 GMT; 10:35 a.m. EDT)
- Former Al Jazeera America journalist claims bias Updated: Jun-11-15 4:53 pm
NEW YORK - The former head of Al Jazeera America's documentary unit has sued the news network, claiming it is biased against non-Arabs and women in stories that it produces and in how it treats employees.
- Enticing matchups set for round of 16 at Under-20 World Cup Updated: Jun-07-15 10:20 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The group stage of the FIFA Under-20 World Cup produced a number of major surprises, goals galore and an equal number of enticing matchups in the round of 16 starting on Wednesday.
- The Latest: Irish FA publishes full contract with FIFA Updated: Jun-05-15 6:10 pm
2155 GMT (5:55 p.m. EDT)
- In West Virginia visit, Qatar ambassador talks partnership Updated: Jun-05-15 4:35 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Qatar Ambassador H. E. Mohammed Jaham Al-Kuwari says his country will look at possible investments in West Virginia and has pledged $50,000 for a McDowell County educational project.
- FIFA corruption: Could Russia, Qatar lose their World Cups? Updated: Jun-05-15 8:55 am
If there is enough evidence of wrongdoing, FIFA has the power to strip the World Cup from both Russia and Qatar.
- A glance at Thursday's developments in FIFA investigation Updated: Jun-04-15 5:03 pm
Thursday's key developments in the FIFA investigation:
- Qatar among 7 possible bidders for 2021, 2023 swim worlds Updated: Jun-04-15 4:44 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Qatar is among seven countries preparing bids to host the swimming world championships in 2021 or 2023.
- Australian football chief says 2022 Qatar process not clean Updated: Jun-03-15 6:36 pm
The chairman of Football Federation Australia says bidding for the 2022 World Cup awarded to Qatar was not clean, explaining in an extraordinary open letter Wednesday how he felt Australia never had a chance to be given hosting rights.