- Saudi cables suggest money links with media Updated: Jun-23-15 5:12 pm
BEIRUT - A financially troubled Lebanese TV network received a $2 million Saudi bailout in return for adopting a pro-Riyadh editorial policy. A news agency in Guinea got a $2,000 gift, while small publications across the Arab world received tens of thousands of dollars in inflated subscription fees.
- Lebanon minister vows to punish guards after beating video Updated: Jun-21-15 12:10 pm
BEIRUT - A Lebanese minister vowed Sunday to bring to justice guards seen in online video clips beating Islamists detained in a notorious prison where imprisoned militants were once suspected of directing terror attacks.
- 3 suspects plead not guilty in Lebanon gun smuggling case Updated: Jun-16-15 5:53 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Three relatives charged in a conspiracy to ship weapons from Iowa to Lebanon are pleading not guilty.
- Northbridge bridge named after fallen Marine Updated: Jun-15-15 8:06 am
NORTHBRIDGE, Massachusetts - A bridge in Northbridge has been named in honor of a U.S. Marine from town who was killed in the 1983 bombing of the Marine Corps barracks in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Lebanon army conducts live-fire demonstration of US missiles Updated: Jun-10-15 10:40 am
BEIRUT - The Lebanese army on Wednesday conducted a live-fire demonstration of advanced missiles supplied by the United States to help combat Islamic extremists along the country's volatile border with Syria.
- Egypt's winemakers seek to revive ancient art Updated: Jun-09-15 2:26 am
CAIRO - An organic wine producer is growing indigenous grapes near famed pharaonic tombs in central Egypt, vintners in the Nile Delta have modernized a long-neglected 19th century winery, and in Cairo's hotels, tourists can now enjoy Egyptian wine described by an expert as "eminently drinkable."
- Hezbollah threatens to displace 'millions' of Israelis Updated: Jun-05-15 11:52 am
BEIRUT - The leader of Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group says "millions" of Israelis will be displaced in case of a new conflict between the Shiite group and the Jewish state.
- Ex-inmates regret destruction of notorious Syrian prison Updated: Jun-01-15 3:12 pm
BEIRUT - For decades, the mere mention of Tadmur Prison was enough to send chills down a Syrian's spine.