- Lebanon: Attacks on state institutions will not be tolerated Updated: Sep-02-15 10:46 am
BEIRUT - Lebanon's interior minister says sit-ins and attacks targeting state institutions will no longer be tolerated.
- Protests spotlight Lebanon dysfunction, but reforms elusive Updated: Sep-01-15 9:27 am
BEIRUT - Anti-government demonstrators in Lebanon have staged three large rallies in the past two weeks and a small group Tuesday stormed the environment ministry to press demands for reform. Here's a look at what's behind the protests, the most significant public expression of frustration with Lebanon's dysfunctional system of government in years.
- The Latest: Lebanese group threaten to escalate protests Updated: Aug-29-15 2:56 pm
BEIRUT - Here are the latest developments regarding Lebanon's protest over the country's ongoing trash crisis (all times local):
- Lebanon: Shiny on the outside, rotting from the inside Updated: Aug-28-15 5:26 pm
BEIRUT - To the casual visitor, Lebanon may seem like a tiny slice of Mediterranean modernity and coexistence in a turbulent region plagued by violence and extremism.
- Young Lebanese activists challenge old political class Updated: Aug-26-15 5:29 pm
BEIRUT - First they egged the prime minister's building. Then they dumped some of the garbage piling up on Beirut's streets outside the home of the environment minister, furious the government couldn't get its act together to find a solution when Lebanon's main landfill shut down.
- Platini's credentials as reformer questioned by FIFA rival Updated: Aug-26-15 2:36 pm
LONDON - As Michel Platini prepares to reveal his FIFA presidential vision, a rival contender is launching his campaign by questioning the UEFA leader's long-standing association with Sepp Blatter and his credentials to reform the scandal-tainted governing body.
- Suspect in 1996 Khobar Towers bombing arrested Updated: Aug-26-15 10:46 am
WASHINGTON - A man suspected in the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers residence at a U.S. military base in Saudi Arabia has been captured, a U.S. official said Wednesday.
- Lebanon: 9 Palestinians from Syria drown en route to Turkey Updated: Aug-19-15 4:11 am
BEIRUT - Lebanon's state-run National News Agency says a boat carrying about 40 Palestinians from a refugee camp in Syria capsized en route to Turkey and that at least nine migrants drowned.
- Lebanon health minister warns of dangers from trash crisis Updated: Aug-17-15 10:02 am
BEIRUT - Lebanon's health minister says the country is on the brink of a "major health disaster" unless an immediate solution is found for its mounting trash problem.
- Deadly attacks surge as Iran's foreign minister visits Syria Updated: Aug-12-15 3:23 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - Iran's foreign minister, who negotiated his country's nuclear deal with world powers, discussed ways of ending Syria's civil war with President Bashar Assad in Damascus on Wednesday, as attacks surged around the Syrian capital, killing at least 36 people and wounding dozens.