- US commander: Islamic State trying to regain initiative Updated: May-18-16 2:53 pm
KUWAIT CITY - Deadly bombings in Baghdad may signal a shift in tactics by the Islamic State, determined to rebound from a series of battlefield losses and the group's hope that attacks in the capital will distract already divided Iraqi leaders, a top U.S. general said Wednesday.
- Moody's downgrades Saudi Arabia on lower oil prices Updated: May-14-16 11:08 pm
NEW YORK - Saudi Arabia's credit rating has been downgraded by Moody's because of the long and deep slump in oil prices.
- Starkville area soldiers preparing to deploy Updated: May-12-16 1:36 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - About 70 U.S. Army Reserve soldiers from the Starkville, Mississippi area are preparing for deployment to Kuwait and Iraq in support of Operation Spartan Shield.
- UN needs $80 million for schools for Palestinian refugees Updated: May-03-16 9:27 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The head of the U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees expressed hope Tuesday that Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait will come up with $80 million to ensure that 500,000 boys and girls who are refugees can start the next school year on time in August.
- Army Reservists from Willmar area to deploy to Kuwait Updated: Apr-27-16 3:17 pm
WILLMAR, Minnesota - U.S. Army Reserve soldiers from the Willmar area are preparing to deploy to Kuwait in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.