- AP Interview: Mere force won't defeat IS, says Jordan prince Updated: Nov-25-15 11:16 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Extremist Islamic ideologies pose a global challenge, but can't be eradicated by military force alone, a brother of Jordan's king said Wednesday.
- UAE court sentences Islamist Kuwaiti politician for critique Updated: Nov-23-15 2:53 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates' state news agency says the country's Federal Supreme Court has convicted a former Islamist lawmaker from Kuwait of insulting the country's leadership and spreading false rumors in a televised interview
- Moline alderman to deploy to Kuwait for work in Army Updated: Nov-19-15 1:52 pm
MOLINE, Illinois - A Moline alderman who will be deployed to Kuwait for six months with the U.S. Army says he'll still be available to serve his constituents back home.
- IOC panel: Kuwait keeping athletes out of qualifying events Updated: Nov-17-15 12:38 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC athletes' commission has condemned attempts by Kuwaiti authorities to prevent athletes from competing in qualifying events for next year's Olympics.
- FIFA postpones Kuwait's next World Cup qualifying match Updated: Nov-13-15 10:15 am
ZURICH - FIFA has postponed Kuwait's next World Cup qualifying match because its federation is suspended from international soccer for government interference.
- IMF chief calls for reforms in Gulf amid low oil prices Updated: Nov-11-15 10:12 am
KUWAIT CITY - On a trip through a Gulf squeezed by low oil prices, the head of the International Monetary Fund repeatedly called on countries to cut back on subsidies, lower government spending and consider levying taxes.
- Putin hosts ruler of Kuwait Updated: Nov-10-15 9:55 am
MOSCOW - Kuwait's ruler on Tuesday made his first trip to Russia to confer with President Vladimir Putin on the regional crises and potential areas of cooperation, and a Kuwaiti investment agency allocated $500 million for projects in Russia.
- Fort Campbell sending 500 to Iraq, Kuwait next year Updated: Nov-09-15 5:02 am
FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky - The military says about 500 soldiers from the 101st Airborne headquarters at Fort Campbell are deploying to the Middle East to support military actions against the Islamic State group.
- Nevada Air National Guard returns from 6 months in Kuwait Updated: Nov-05-15 3:00 pm
RENO, Nevada - More than 30 Nevada Air National Guardsmen are on their way home after a six-month deployment in Kuwait.
- Kuwait approves Iraq war reparations payment delay to 2017 Updated: Oct-28-15 12:25 pm
KUWAIT CITY - Kuwait says it has agreed to let Iraq postpone a final batch of Saddam Hussain-era war reparations it is owed until early 2017.
- Kuwait's Sheikh Ahmad in his element in city of politics Updated: Oct-27-15 3:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The ultimate Olympic powerbroker has come to the ultimate home of power politics.