- Army Reservists from Willmar area to deploy to Kuwait Updated: Apr-27-16 3:17 pm
WILLMAR, Minnesota - U.S. Army Reserve soldiers from the Willmar area are preparing to deploy to Kuwait in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
- In Saudi visit, Obama works to calm Gulf tensions with US Updated: Apr-21-16 3:09 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - President Barack Obama strained to ease tensions with Persian Gulf allies Thursday, pledging U.S. help in confronting Iran and other security threats. Yet he failed to win the commitments he sought to boost economic aid to Iraq.
- Kuwait oil unions end 3-day strike over government cutbacks Updated: Apr-20-16 6:13 am
KUWAIT CITY - Oil unions in Kuwait ended a three-day strike over government cutbacks, authorities said Wednesday, though it remained unclear what concessions may have been granted to the workers amid low global crude prices.
- N. Koreans: Brutal work abroad better than life back home Updated: Apr-12-16 7:18 am
SEOUL, South Korea - One North Korean who worked abroad says that as a waitress in China, she was forced to put up with male customers who groped her and tried to get her drunk. Two others recall the frozen bodies of their countrymen stored in Russian logging camps. Another says he toiled for up to 16 hours a day at a Kuwaiti construction site surrounded by wire fences.
- Kuwait oil workers union threatens strike over benefits cut Updated: Apr-11-16 2:51 pm
KUWAIT CITY - A union in Kuwait says employees in six oil and petrochemical companies will go on strike next Sunday over their salaries and benefits unless the country's Oil Ministry agrees to their demands.
- Kuwait in deal to import 2.5 million tons of liquefied gas Updated: Apr-07-16 6:38 am
KUWAIT CITY - Kuwait's state oil company has signed deals to import 2.5 million tons of liquefied gas per year into the country to help power electricity plants during its scorching summer.
- FIFA fines Kuwait for failure to play World Cup qualifiers Updated: Apr-06-16 12:40 pm
ZURICH - FIFA has fined the Kuwait soccer federation 30,000 Swiss francs ($31,500) for failing to play two World Cup qualifying matches last month.
- Global military spending nearly $1.7T amid Mideast conflicts Updated: Apr-05-16 10:22 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Global military spending rose in 2015 to nearly $1.7 trillion, the first increase in several years, driven by conflicts including the battle against the Islamic State group, the Saudi-led war in Yemen and fears about Iran, a report released Tuesday shows.
- Kuwait arrests man known for profanity-filled online videos Updated: Apr-01-16 3:39 am
KUWAIT CITY - Kuwait has arrested a man known for his profanity-filled online videos as he flew into the country from London.