- 4 Democrats get behind Obama's Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-30-15 6:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Four Democrats, including one who represents an American hostage in Iran, said Thursday they would support the Iran nuclear deal in a major boost for President Barack Obama.
- Congress heading on vacation, putting off messy decisions Updated: Jul-30-15 5:46 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress is heading out for a five-week summer recess in anything but a cheerful vacation mood, leaving behind a pile of unfinished business that all but guarantees a painful fall.
- Russia to upgrade air defense missiles intended for Iran Updated: Jul-30-15 1:13 pm
MOSCOW - A Kremlin official says that Russia is working to upgrade air defense missiles intended for Iran.
- Iran says will ban US experts from UN nuclear inspections Updated: Jul-30-15 1:10 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran will not allow American or Canadian inspectors working for the U.N. nuclear watchdog to visit its nuclear facilities, an official said in remarks broadcast by state TV on Thursday.
- For North Korea, Iran-style nuclear deal not an option Updated: Jul-30-15 7:01 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - If any hopes have been raised that the progress between the United States and Iran to halt Tehran's development of nuclear weapons could bring change in Pyongyang, North Korea has gone out of its way to thwart them.
- Carter: Successful Iran nuclear deal better than strike Updated: Jul-29-15 7:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday that the U.S. armed forces stand ready to confront Iran, but told lawmakers that a successful implementation of the nuclear agreement with Tehran is preferable to a military strike.
- Argentina's foreign minister questions Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-29-15 5:23 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's foreign minister is asking U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry to clarify whether Washington's nuclear deal with Iran includes removing from Interpol's list an Iranian wanted in a major bombing in the South American country.
- West Virginia editorial roundup Updated: Jul-29-15 3:24 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- Iran, France talk of 'new era' in ties after nuclear deal Updated: Jul-29-15 10:33 am
TEHRAN, Iran - France sought Wednesday to relaunch diplomatic ties with Iran in the hope of boosting business in the country, following a key nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers reached earlier this month.
- House intelligence chairman calls for new Iran assessment Updated: Jul-28-15 5:34 pm
WASHINGTON - House intelligence chairman Devin Nunes is asking for additional intelligence assessments related to the nuclear agreement with Iran.
- Iran says will hold 'high-level' talks with EU Updated: Jul-28-15 1:13 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's foreign minister said Tuesday that "high-level" talks will soon be launched with the European Union following a nuclear agreement reached with world powers earlier this month.
- The Latest: Kerry's nuke deal testimony translated in Iran Updated: Jul-28-15 12:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments on Obama administration officials' testimony Tuesday before Congress on the Iran nuclear deal (all times local EDT):
- Officials: Iran may take own samples at alleged nuclear site Updated: Jul-28-15 10:19 am
VIENNA - Iran wants its own officials to take soil samples at a site where it is alleged to have experimented with ways to detonate a nuclear weapon, and the U.N. agency probing the suspicions may agree provided it is allowed to monitor the process, two officials told The Associated Press Tuesday.
- Detained Post reporter's lawyer in Iran asks for his release Updated: Jul-28-15 6:17 am
TEHRAN, Iran - The lawyer of detained Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian said Tuesday her client should be freed in the wake of the nuclear deal between Iran and world powers, Iranian media reported.
- Explosion shuts down Iran-Turkey natural gas pipeline Updated: Jul-28-15 2:32 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's energy minister says an explosion on a natural gas pipeline between Iran and Turkey caused a large fire and shut down the flow of gas.
- North Korea official says not interested in Iran-style deal Updated: Jul-28-15 12:29 am
BEIJING - The North Korean ambassador to China said Tuesday that his country has no interest in an Iran-style nuclear disarmament deal because North Korea is a "nuclear weapons state."
- Obama calls GOP criticism of Iran deal 'ridiculous,' 'sad' Updated: Jul-27-15 10:55 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - President Barack Obama unleashed a blistering and belittling rebuke of Republican White House hopefuls Monday, calling their attack on his landmark nuclear deal with Iran "ridiculous if it weren't so sad."
- Saudi FM says Iran is still showing 'hostility' in region Updated: Jul-27-15 4:22 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's top diplomat has told visiting EU foreign policy chief that Iran is still showing "hostility" toward countries in the region, following a landmark deal on curbing Tehran's nuclear program earlier this month.
- Former ambassadors to Israel back Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-27-15 12:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Seven former U.S. diplomats and State Department officials sent a letter Monday to leaders in Congress urging them to support the nuclear deal with Iran.
- Putin, Xi, Rouhani to address annual UN high-level meeting Updated: Jul-27-15 10:35 am
UNITED NATIONS - The presidents of China, Russia, Iran and the United States are scheduled to speak at the 70th annual U.N. General Assembly of world leaders in September - a rare appearance for Russian President Vladimir Putin and the first for Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Candidate criticizes Iran deal as being similar to Holocaust Updated: Jul-27-15 9:59 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is likening the agreement on an Iranian nuclear deal to "marching the Israelis to the door of the oven," a reference to the Holocaust.
- Democratic senator leaning toward supporting Iran deal Updated: Jul-26-15 1:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said Sunday he is leaning toward supporting the Iranian nuclear deal because the alternative would be war.
- Iran's top diplomat tours Arab states following nuclear deal Updated: Jul-26-15 10:37 am
KUWAIT CITY - Iran's top diplomat began a three-nation regional tour Sunday aimed at deepening ties with Arab neighbors following the conclusion of the Islamic Republic's historic nuclear deal with world powers.
- Lieberman, in retirement, lobbies against Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-26-15 10:37 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Former Sen. Joe Lieberman, who staked his Senate career on a tough U.S. response to terrorism following the 9/11 attacks, has emerged from retirement to again jump into the fray.
- Q&A: Kurds fight Islamic State and endure attacks Updated: Jul-25-15 6:28 pm
BAGHDAD - Turkish jets struck camps belonging to Kurdish militants in northern Iraq Friday and Saturday in what were the first strikes since a peace deal was announced in 2013.